Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Chanel

Because of my college experience I have been working in an Emergcney Room for 3.5 years as an Registered Nurse. I have loved every minute of it but would like to further my education so I can help people on a higher level. Without my prior education I would not have had the opportunity to work as an Registered Nurse in Emergency Room. My education is very valuable to me.

Kimberly

This is my second attempt at getting my bachelor's degree. The first time around i attended a different college, although a fun school socially, i did not feel as though i was getting what i needed academically from my old school. I took a couple of years off and am now giving it another shot at Eastern Kentucky University. I know this time around that attending school is not just for meeting friends but to help further your future. So at my current school I am more dedicated to my work because i know if i want to be successfull in the future i must accomplish my goal of getting a college degree. It has been very valuable for me to attend because it is allowing me to see that i can get over obstacles and still accomplish what i know i need to do, which is to graduate from college. I feel as though i am learning more than ever and it really makes me feel good as a person knowing that i am capable of doing so. And being able to complete such a task, means everything to me.

The best thing about attending Eastern Kentucky University is that the college does a great job with making sure the student is successful with all of their current and future endeavors. Not only do the teachers want to help and make sure you are fully understanding the material and getting the best out of the class, but the advisors are very helpful with guiding the student as well.

For the most part this school is a great place for anyone to attend. Everyone that i have met have been very friendly and willing to help one another. The school also provides a great way for students to meet one another. The only kind of person i can think that would not want to attend is someone that is not trying to get a degree, but if the person is unsure about what they want to do, i recommend this school as a place to attend because they are very helpful when it comes to that area.

Joseph

They really are behind and helpful with their students in finding a job after college.

There is a lot of alcohol use that is easily accessed by a short walk from campus.

David

I love my college, everyone on campus is really nice and friendly.

I love my college, everyone on campus is really nice and friendly.

I have learned alot in my first year of college. I have learned to get along with people and make sure I go to every class.

Everything on campus is close together. I love that you don't have to walk to far to get to one place to another.

EKU is a school made up of a very diverse group of students and faculty members sharing personal experiences and learning from each other...seeing each other's points of view.

EKU had the program I was looking for and they were well-known for it. I knew it would be a good fit for me. The town was bigger than my tiny hometown, but not big enough to throw me into "culture shock." The campus was just beautiful and friendly.

College has been a priceless experience for me! I feel like I am on my way to being well-prepared for my future career thanks to wonderful professors who take a personal interest in their students' learning. It has allowed me to find who I am, personally, and who I desire to be as a professional. It has built my self-confidence and given me a foundation of both wisdom and knowledge to know how to handle myself in various situations throughout my life. I would not be who I am today if I had not left home to go to school 3 hours away where I knew no one. It truly has changed my life!

Sabrina

By the time I actually started college I had already knocked out six credit hours towards my degree. I took class at the Eastern Kentucky University extension in Corbin, Kentucky close to where my high school was. I am currently a freshman working towards my Bachelors in Nursing. From my college experience so far I have gained a sense of accomplishment. After each test and paper I feel like I am getting a step closer to my goal. I have also gained knowledge that I can use in my everyday life and towards my part time job as a secretary in a health care facility. It has been very valuable for me to attend college because of the opportunity to gain resources during my time spent in college. The more connects I collect during my college career, the more options I will have when I begin my job search. Once I start my career having a college degree could provide me with greater promotion opportunity.

The worst thing about Eastern Kentucky University is the long walks between classes and to classes. The walks are not that bad in the fall and spring time, but in the winter its very aggravating.

A person that likes big cities, large classrooms, and someone who wants to go to a big school should not attend Eastern Kentucky University.

Charis

Eastern Kentucky University has the best pizza I have ever eaten. There are 6-10 places in Richmond, Kentucky to order pizza from and by far the on-campus eatery is the most delicious.

I would have tried my best to warn myself about how difficult it can be to make friends in college. It's odd that in a small school I had more friends than I could keep track of but upon moving to a medium sized school, I have barely begun to make friends. People assume that it is easy to make friends in places where there are more people but that isn't necessarily true. It is much harder to find one person in an ocean than it is to find them in a small lake.

My favorite thing about Eastern Kentucky University is that there are trees. I am sure this sounds like a silly reason to love a college but I feel like trees are very important and incredibly beautiful. They are the most amazing thing to ever be created. The other colleges I looked at didn't have the beautiful landscape that EKU has.

Caitlin

My classmates at Eastern Kentucky University are great. Though I don't know everyone, I meet new people everyday. With so many different types of people and organizations offered, I know that I will find many great friends and someplace to say that I fit in perfectly.

First it should be noted that I am the oldest in my family. Neither of my parents attended college as traditional students and many of my family never attended college either. Asking for help while choosing a college was near impossible. While I loved my high school, counselors gave us what I now know is false hope. Their motto was that if you apply for FAFSA, you can choose any college you want. I learned differently when I found out that I couldn't attend Miami University because my parents could not afford to pay for tuition. Prices do matter for many people, including myself. College is not free, and loans are not something anyone wants to rely on. Saving money, which I did not do, is a valuable lesson to learn. *Pick a college with a good background but an affordable price also. *Save money. Work hard. *Don't take college information you've heard at face value. Do extra research And the most important lesson I've learned is to always ask questions. Do not be afraid to call the college. Because it's YOUR EDUCATION at stake!

When I brag about my school, I always mention how affordable EKU is. Their tuition is a great balance between getting a great education and actually getting to live on a campus. Before I found Eastern Kentucky I was worried that I might have to go to a community college and then transfer. Eastern made it possible for me to afford a college I really love.

Melanie

If I were to travel back in time and provide myself with advice regarding college, there are several things I would bring up. First, I would be sure make myself aware of application deadlines. Many colleges have early application deadlines, rolling admissions or just early deadlines in general. Becoming aware of application deadlines allows time to adequately complete the application, write thorough essays, and provide your highschool with an adequate amount of time to send the appropriate paperwork to the university. A second piece of advice I would give myself would be to decide on a major as soon as possible. After deciding on a major, it is much easier to find colleges. While it may seem hard to decide on a major, it will eventually save time as it is easier to find a college specializes in a specific field. A final piece of advice I would offer mysef about college life is to try to pick a college that I would truly see myself succeeding in. Picking a school in an aesthetically pleasing area will do nothing in helping me succeed if the academics of the school are poor and I won't be happy.

Whitney

Don't pack too much stuff, or assume that your random-assignment roomie will be the devil in disguise. Remember there are always people around to help, just ask someone. Go to class, unless you can't move or are infectious, and do your homework and research ahead of time. Don't worry if you decide to change your major, you've got a while, do some gen. ed. classes and try out a couple of introductory major courses your first few semesters. Make new friends, but don't forget the friends from home who came to your school. Talk to strangers - or at least, the ones in your classes, and in your dorm, and in whatever organization you may want to join, don't get kidnapped - haha. Take a few risks, never forget to have fun every once in a while, and don't forget to buy milk! (Seriously, you'll want to stay in your room and eat cereal rather than going to the dining hall or out to eat sometimes, trust me.) ...and, above everything else, don't stress!

Someone who wants a small school with the feel of a big school. Anyone who wants to study music, education, justice and safety, professional golf management, or any one of our other great programs. Someone who wants to connect with their peers, with any interests at all. People are friendly and the professors are willing to help, so I think pretty much anyone would enjoy it.

The most frustrating thing about Eastern is the fact that they're putting up new buildings when we don't have enough parking spaces. It makes no sense to put up a new building when commuter students and professors have to walk halfway across campus from the only available parking space and the residential students are overflowing the huge residential lots.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.