Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Kelsey

My classmates are generally willing to try the tasks that are put before them. I'm in a Dance Activities for School class and there are more men thn woman, but the men keep up and actually enjoy the movement. I know that it's awkward for them considering they've only ever played sports and never thought about trying to be coordinated in a dance sense. As for my other classes, everyone is very helpful. I make at least one really good friend out of each class that I've had. It's a great networking system!

Oh Kelsey! You've finally made it to your senior year, but don't get too excited yet. You still have to do just as much work, if not more, than you're used to. Remember that it's okay to ask questions. I know you get embarrassed and you feel like everyone else knows the answer. But I've recently found that sometimes I am the only brave enough to ask the dreaded question, and classmates thank me later. Like your dad always says, "It's your money, you might as well ask questions and learn a few things". Also remember to stand up for yourself. If you're with your bes friends and you're afraid they may not like you if you don't do what they want you to do, they aren't your real friends. BUT DON'T WORRY!! You will meet some of the most AMAZING friends in your life that you will love forever. These friends are the ones that are with you through thick and thin. Most importantly, don't stress. Have a little fun! Oh! One more thing: Don't forget to do the second essay on Biddle's last test!

I think the worst thing about my school would have to be parking, by far. The university sells more parking passes than they have parking spots. They can afford new sciene buildings, but they can't seem to work on getting more parking for the students who live on campus. It can become a very stressful situation.

Jill

I would tell myself to go in as an undeclared major to get all of the general education classes out of the way so that I could focus on my major later in college.

I love the size. It is not to big or too small.

I wish I would have known about the major that I am taking now when I started here.

EKU is a great place to start the next chapter in your life, the school is great all alround.

To tell you the truth, I have loved EKU since I was in middle school. It is class to home but far enough away at the same time. I love all of my class on campus and the teacher are great.

I would tell myself to move onto campus my first semester and not wait. It's better on the main campus then on the extended campuses. Then I would say thing about not getting behide in class and keeping up with all of the class I was taking even if the class was a waste of time. Then I would say start getting things done and not wait to last mintue to fill things out. Work harder because even though I wanted to have fun, it was time to grow up and get what needed to be done, done.

Molly

As a whole, the students at EKU are uniquely considerate and laid back--they're always up for a good time, but most of them try not to neglect their studies too much!

I would tell myself to be more outgoing. Moving on is never a trouble-free process, but it's important to remember that it's okay if you make a mistake. It's crucial that you realize it doesn't matter if someone doesn't like you, or that you made yourself look like a complete idiot on the first day of class--what really makes people admire you isn't your perfections, but how well you deal with your flaws. If you trip down a flight of stairs in front of 100s of your classmates, so what? Of course it's embarassing, but just get up and laugh it off. I've always been a semi-chronic worrier--whether it's about grades, friends, family, or being on time to class. When I make a B on a Calculus quiz or have a fight with my parents, it's not the end of the world; sometimes it might feel like it, but life has a strange way of working itself out. People always tried to tell me those things when I was in high school and I'm finally realizing that they were right.

There are tons of things that are great about EKU. First of all, it?s located in a small town that?s only 25 minutes away from the second largest city in the state?so you get all of the perks of the city without having to deal with all the traffic! The professors are excellent here and you can tell that they care about their students's success. Event the students themselves are extraordinarily nice and it?s so easy to make friends. The biggest perk for me though is that EKU is only 10 minutes away from home!

Deborah

In the 70's it was known as a party school, and the reputation has continued, though the social scene is no longer the same. It is known for it's nursing, teaching, and criminal justice programs. The nursing program is very cut throat in particular. We have a fantastic dance theater program. Tuition is very affordable for the quality of education you receive. Parking is not as bad as other universities, with parking passes only costing $35.

It is very compact, which allows plenty of time to cross campus to classes. Very rarely do you have to cross a busy street, increasing safety. It is only 20-30 minutes south of a major city, so you can live in a quite community while still being able to enjoy the pleasures of a large city. The community is very tight knit, and you get to know your teachers and fellow students well.

As a high school student, I was used to being in the same classes with the same group of students for four years. As a college student, you may have a class with a set of students you may never see again. If I was to give myself some advice as a high schooler, I would recommend joining a club to connect with a group of students to form lasting relationships. Because I was a commuter student, I figured I had no time to participate in such activities. However, I now see I could have had a much richer, and fuller college experience if I had formed friendships with others on campus instead of only traveling to campus to attend class. Friends can help encourage you in your studies, and provide a support system in times of emotional distress. I have lost contact with most of my high school friends that attended another university, and have discovered how important it is to have a network of friends. Thus, I would recommend to myself, and any new college student to get involved within their university to establish friendships that will be supportive and make their college life more enjoyable.

Justin

My first big advice would be to take all the AP classes you can your final year of high school because you don't want to be in college forever. Also at the end of the year when you are ready to get out of school and be free from the "evil" place remember you still have scholarship chance so fill out that scholarship form and turn it in early. With a weighted GPA of 4.0 and Ranked 12th in your class you should get something. So do that and your college life will be much much much easier.

A person that has finacial problems but is look for a good University with a small atmosphere.

Eastern Kentucky University is an intriguing school, that offers many extracurricular activities and volunteer services.

Classmates are very diverse in their ethnicity and their extracurricular events, and yet they are generally nice and form lasting friendships.

Do not be afraid and intimidated! College is about beginning anew, making everlasting friendships, attempting new activities, and being challenged by new concepts and ideas. Mentally prepare yourself because no one will rouse you from sleep if you ignore the piercing alarm clock. Avoid skipping classes, unless you desire a one way ticket to failure. Always attempt to sit near the front of the class or in the instructor's T-zone. Not only will you pay more attention, but the instructor is more likely to notice you. Converse with the instructors so they may better understand you as an individual and will be more willing to supply aid in your time of need. Decide if you can handle early morning classes or if you would rather pull off night classes at the beginning of the semester. Also do not be afraid to talk to others, engage in lively conversations and make friends in each class, in the event that abscences are unavoidable. But mostly importantly enjoy your new found freedom and always be willing to experience new things.

Nathaniel

They are nationally renouned for forensics.

They are nationally renouned for forensics.

Get in as many upper level classes as possible.

People who are hard working and want to get a top level education and have fun at the same time.

Kiah

Small community with several ties to great things.

Small community with several ties to great things.

If I were to go back in time to my senior year I would tell myself, "Self, you need to stay motivated. College can make you lazy, fat, a procrastinator, a bum, a freeloader. College life can distort your thoughts. Infleuence can change who you are and what you are capable of. So self, do not forget the reason for college. Self, you do not have to go to every party, do not forget about studying, do not blow off those "worthless" assignments. Self, you can do all things throught the great one. Only you can make or break you. Do not lose your assets. Love yourself, and your future."

Lee

My classmates seem helpfull and very kind when it comes to working together.

My classmates seem helpfull and very kind when it comes to working together.

I would tell myself to try hard, dont take the easy paths in college, remember to stay focused on what the teachers have to say, study a good amount and always double check on things.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.