Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Deborah

In the 70's it was known as a party school, and the reputation has continued, though the social scene is no longer the same. It is known for it's nursing, teaching, and criminal justice programs. The nursing program is very cut throat in particular. We have a fantastic dance theater program. Tuition is very affordable for the quality of education you receive. Parking is not as bad as other universities, with parking passes only costing $35.

It is very compact, which allows plenty of time to cross campus to classes. Very rarely do you have to cross a busy street, increasing safety. It is only 20-30 minutes south of a major city, so you can live in a quite community while still being able to enjoy the pleasures of a large city. The community is very tight knit, and you get to know your teachers and fellow students well.

As a high school student, I was used to being in the same classes with the same group of students for four years. As a college student, you may have a class with a set of students you may never see again. If I was to give myself some advice as a high schooler, I would recommend joining a club to connect with a group of students to form lasting relationships. Because I was a commuter student, I figured I had no time to participate in such activities. However, I now see I could have had a much richer, and fuller college experience if I had formed friendships with others on campus instead of only traveling to campus to attend class. Friends can help encourage you in your studies, and provide a support system in times of emotional distress. I have lost contact with most of my high school friends that attended another university, and have discovered how important it is to have a network of friends. Thus, I would recommend to myself, and any new college student to get involved within their university to establish friendships that will be supportive and make their college life more enjoyable.

Justin

My first big advice would be to take all the AP classes you can your final year of high school because you don't want to be in college forever. Also at the end of the year when you are ready to get out of school and be free from the "evil" place remember you still have scholarship chance so fill out that scholarship form and turn it in early. With a weighted GPA of 4.0 and Ranked 12th in your class you should get something. So do that and your college life will be much much much easier.

A person that has finacial problems but is look for a good University with a small atmosphere.

Eastern Kentucky University is an intriguing school, that offers many extracurricular activities and volunteer services.

Classmates are very diverse in their ethnicity and their extracurricular events, and yet they are generally nice and form lasting friendships.

Do not be afraid and intimidated! College is about beginning anew, making everlasting friendships, attempting new activities, and being challenged by new concepts and ideas. Mentally prepare yourself because no one will rouse you from sleep if you ignore the piercing alarm clock. Avoid skipping classes, unless you desire a one way ticket to failure. Always attempt to sit near the front of the class or in the instructor's T-zone. Not only will you pay more attention, but the instructor is more likely to notice you. Converse with the instructors so they may better understand you as an individual and will be more willing to supply aid in your time of need. Decide if you can handle early morning classes or if you would rather pull off night classes at the beginning of the semester. Also do not be afraid to talk to others, engage in lively conversations and make friends in each class, in the event that abscences are unavoidable. But mostly importantly enjoy your new found freedom and always be willing to experience new things.

Nathaniel

They are nationally renouned for forensics.

They are nationally renouned for forensics.

Get in as many upper level classes as possible.

People who are hard working and want to get a top level education and have fun at the same time.

Kiah

Small community with several ties to great things.

Small community with several ties to great things.

If I were to go back in time to my senior year I would tell myself, "Self, you need to stay motivated. College can make you lazy, fat, a procrastinator, a bum, a freeloader. College life can distort your thoughts. Infleuence can change who you are and what you are capable of. So self, do not forget the reason for college. Self, you do not have to go to every party, do not forget about studying, do not blow off those "worthless" assignments. Self, you can do all things throught the great one. Only you can make or break you. Do not lose your assets. Love yourself, and your future."

Lee

My classmates seem helpfull and very kind when it comes to working together.

My classmates seem helpfull and very kind when it comes to working together.

I would tell myself to try hard, dont take the easy paths in college, remember to stay focused on what the teachers have to say, study a good amount and always double check on things.

Marin

Follow your heart and do what you want to do. Don't let your high school friends influence where you go to college. You'll meet amazing people no matter where you go. Don't forget to be yourself, they'll love you for who you are, and don't be afraid to put yourself out there and be a little crazy sometimes. Make the best of every situation and love the opportunities that arise. Your roommate isn't your worst enemy, they could be a future best friend. Just relax and have fun, you're not the only one who will be starting brand new.

The best part about EKU, hands down, is the people. At Eastern, you can get the feel of a large university while still maintaining the personal level that small schools have. I've met so many people already because we're a close-knit community. Everyone is friendly and there is a general positive vibe around campus.

The worst part about EKU is that there isn't a whole lot to do on campus on the weekends. Luckily, we're close to Lexington and Richmond offers some entertainment, but it would be nice to have things to do on the weekends without having to leave campus. Minus athletic events, they need to offer more concerts, speakers, theatre productions, etc.

Rebecca

If given the chance to speak to myself in the past, I would tell myself that all the complaints over the applications would look utterly ridiculous in retrospect--Mom knows what she is doing so listen to her! I would say, when you get there, jump right in and help people move in, study, or anything, and give out your name like there is no tomorrow; meet everyone you can. I was shy and quiet my first few weeks, and I do regret that. I would also make sure I understand that college is a lot more challenging than high school, and that no one will tell you when to do your work and when to play. As soon as my parents leave on drop-off day I am an adult, and on my own--I did not understand that the first time around, and I would want to have known that before they made me grow up in a weekend. The last thing I would tell myself is to have fun; college is only four years of the rest of your life. Do not fool yourself--you will screw up. However, you can bounce back and learn lessons quickly.

The worst thing about my school is the winter weather! This weather makes it very uncomfortable to walk to and from class across campus, and it slows down the already sluggish mail system. Other than that, I love my school!

EKU offers many different programs and groups for EVERY kind of person. There is no one that will be excluded here; everyone will find their niche. It doesn't matter if you are shy, outgoing, old, young, what race you are, or where you come from. The students and faculty and all affiliates of the school are all pleasant and open to anyone.

Kristen

My school is best known for its affordability. It is a state university but does not have the price tag that others in my state do.

I would tell myself to be more devoted and STICK IT OUT! When I was younger I did not understand the responsibilty that would be put on me, I had never had to "try" in school, it came natural. But if I could go back I'd tell myself and my peers to be ready for the challenge because the reward is so great.!

The requirements in the math department. It is extremely hard, much more difficult than other schools I have attended.

Steven

I would tell myself to not give up. I've never had anything over a 2.5 G.P.A in my life during high school but now i'm in college and I have a 3.16 G.P.A . I would also tell myself not to be in a hurry and get distracted by little things that may come up. Theres a plan and a reason for everything that happens so just do what you know you got to do and let everything else just fall into place as time goes on. I've seen a lot of people drop out because they would get caught up in the freedom of college isntead of focusing on the responsibility that comes with that freedom. I would tell myself not to take advantage of that freedom but instead use it responsibly so that my college sucess would start earlier than it already has. Thats what I would tell myself.

I wish I would have known that things dont always go as you plan them to be for a reason. I applied to many different schools and I fell in love with one college but it was too expensive to go to for my freshman year. Now that I see what all i've done this year i'm happy i've stayed because i've done so good and made so many new friends that I would have missed if I would have moved away.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is just starting right out of high school and is transitioning from the high school environment into the college environment. This school is a really good starter because its not huge and intimidating like the other universities so this is a good starting college for people.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.