Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Jacob

If I could go back in time I think that I would have taken advantage of post secondary courses. This is where high school students can take college courses for free while getting both high school and college credit. At the time I felt that I would just concentrate on taking advanced courses at my high school instead of getting college credit. If I had taken these classes I would have had alot of my general courses out of the way. Luckily one of my advanced courses, Calculus was a college level course and I was able to get credit for it.

The best thing that my college offers is a degree in Wildlife Management. This enables me to get my degree there without having to go there for part and then to another college. I am also able to get a minor in criminal justice. The school also offers targeted tuition for out of state students which helps me out alot.

I really don't have alot of complaints with my school. Maybe the food choices and the older dorm rooms might be a complaint, but when compared to other colleges I feel it is comparable.

Eastern has its own unique amphitheater, where they hold free concerts of popular bands. It also makes for a nice study area in the spring or fall. Its a really nice little addition that is only a few blocks from my dorm.

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to tell myself about college. I would tell myself to not worry so much about classes because they are notas bad as I make them out to be in my head. I would also tell myselfto tryout for EKU's volleyball team because I played intermural and I enjoyed every minute of it and I was great at it. The most important thing that I would tell myself is be prepared to come out of my comfort zone and embrace the change, because it will be better for me in the long run. Coming out of your comfort zone and putting yourself into new life changing events is really want college is all about. It is the final stage of shaping you into the person you are going to be before the world swallows you whole.

The most frustrating thing about Eastern Kentucky University it probably the bookstore. I have a had a bad experience with our campus book store. I feel like they don't give fair prices. They also mess up your pre-orders sometimes. Therefore I have chosen to use other sources.

Jeremy

If your not attending EKU most people know of it as a party school which is wrong. School pride would have to be the real aspect the school is known for everyone that attends bleeds maroon.

Do not procrastinate college is one of the biggest challenges and milestones in your life. Be sure to take meaningful classes this year and not those fluff classes where you don?t learn anything. Work on your ACT score the better the score the better the classes you will get and also KHEAA will give you money for a good ACT score. If the opportunity arises take a college class early because anything will help. Most of all enjoy your last year of school but make it a productive year.

The best thing about EKU is their ability to work with everyone. I work 2 jobs an attend school on a full time schedule. With all the classes offered it allowed me to choose a schedule that could work around when i work.

Jerrica

my advice to my self would be to have better study habits.

my advice to my self would be to have better study habits.

the best thing is the diversity. and the teachers really want to help the students learn.

the most fustrating thing about eastern kentucky university is not being able to live of f campus as a freshman.

Maryssa

Trying to have fun while gaining the tools to do better in life.

Trying to have fun while gaining the tools to do better in life.

EKU is known academically for it's nursing, business, and forensic science programs. It is also known for being a good way for those who are from the poorer areas of Kentucky to gain the education they need to be successful in life. Socially, we are known as the biggest party school in Kentucky.

I would tell my more naive self to work on becoming more outgoing the summer before freshman year and do this in order to be more willing to reach out to new people. I would have loved to have been able to make my group of friends more diverse quicker than I had because I was shy. I would have told myself to go through sorority recruitment that first fall because all the other big extracurriculars at the school weigh that heavily in allowing who they will allow to join them and community service is number one to me.

Kristen

The Majority of my classmates have been friendly and helpful however there are some that would rather look the other way over lending a helping hand.

Don't take a year off of school. It would be so much easier to just start right off the bat and not have to relearn everything. You can always change your major. But make sure your 100% happy in the choices you make. They are what forms you as a person

If someone is interested in attending this school they need to be open minded, and willing to do things they normally wouldn't always do in order to meet a few new people.

Lorie

My school is student focused, diverse, and willing to help students in a number of capacities.

My classmates are friendly, fun, diverse and stressed.

Don't be afraid to take "hard" math classes. They really aren't that bad. Remember that anything is possible if you just take it one step at a time. Work hard and save your money. Budget your time and your money wisely. Invest in a really good backpack, comfortable walking shoes, and a waterproof winter coat. You'll need it! Eat Breakfast!!

britney

I would tell myself to lay off the sports and study more. The hardest thing about college is having money to afford it.

There is very little commuter parking. Most of the time students have to walk from main street.

brandy

They are friendly and dedicated.

They are friendly and dedicated.

My advice is to choose a career that interests you and stick with it. You need to get some work experience in the field of your choice before you make a decision. Talk with career counselors or advisors at the colleges you are interested in. Get involved with clubs or organizations within your college. The more involved you are with your school, the more likely you will be to stay focused and graduate. Do not let work interfere with school. You will be better off in the end, if you put graduating college first instead of advancing in a menial job. Work experience will not carry you to your full potential. College will be fun and awarding for you. You will learn so much more than you ever imagined.

I wish I had understood how financial aid worked in more detail. I wish I had known more about the major I had chosen and the career choices I had.

Stephen

Most of them are pretty cool, however, since we have such a low acceptence standard, you will be grouped with some idiots.

Stop studying in high school, its a waste of time. Try to figure out what you want to do in life, because you are just wasting money in college without a major.

The parties and the lack of difficulity in courses.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.