Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Marin

Follow your heart and do what you want to do. Don't let your high school friends influence where you go to college. You'll meet amazing people no matter where you go. Don't forget to be yourself, they'll love you for who you are, and don't be afraid to put yourself out there and be a little crazy sometimes. Make the best of every situation and love the opportunities that arise. Your roommate isn't your worst enemy, they could be a future best friend. Just relax and have fun, you're not the only one who will be starting brand new.

The best part about EKU, hands down, is the people. At Eastern, you can get the feel of a large university while still maintaining the personal level that small schools have. I've met so many people already because we're a close-knit community. Everyone is friendly and there is a general positive vibe around campus.

The worst part about EKU is that there isn't a whole lot to do on campus on the weekends. Luckily, we're close to Lexington and Richmond offers some entertainment, but it would be nice to have things to do on the weekends without having to leave campus. Minus athletic events, they need to offer more concerts, speakers, theatre productions, etc.

Rebecca

If given the chance to speak to myself in the past, I would tell myself that all the complaints over the applications would look utterly ridiculous in retrospect--Mom knows what she is doing so listen to her! I would say, when you get there, jump right in and help people move in, study, or anything, and give out your name like there is no tomorrow; meet everyone you can. I was shy and quiet my first few weeks, and I do regret that. I would also make sure I understand that college is a lot more challenging than high school, and that no one will tell you when to do your work and when to play. As soon as my parents leave on drop-off day I am an adult, and on my own--I did not understand that the first time around, and I would want to have known that before they made me grow up in a weekend. The last thing I would tell myself is to have fun; college is only four years of the rest of your life. Do not fool yourself--you will screw up. However, you can bounce back and learn lessons quickly.

The worst thing about my school is the winter weather! This weather makes it very uncomfortable to walk to and from class across campus, and it slows down the already sluggish mail system. Other than that, I love my school!

EKU offers many different programs and groups for EVERY kind of person. There is no one that will be excluded here; everyone will find their niche. It doesn't matter if you are shy, outgoing, old, young, what race you are, or where you come from. The students and faculty and all affiliates of the school are all pleasant and open to anyone.

Kristen

My school is best known for its affordability. It is a state university but does not have the price tag that others in my state do.

I would tell myself to be more devoted and STICK IT OUT! When I was younger I did not understand the responsibilty that would be put on me, I had never had to "try" in school, it came natural. But if I could go back I'd tell myself and my peers to be ready for the challenge because the reward is so great.!

The requirements in the math department. It is extremely hard, much more difficult than other schools I have attended.

Steven

I would tell myself to not give up. I've never had anything over a 2.5 G.P.A in my life during high school but now i'm in college and I have a 3.16 G.P.A . I would also tell myself not to be in a hurry and get distracted by little things that may come up. Theres a plan and a reason for everything that happens so just do what you know you got to do and let everything else just fall into place as time goes on. I've seen a lot of people drop out because they would get caught up in the freedom of college isntead of focusing on the responsibility that comes with that freedom. I would tell myself not to take advantage of that freedom but instead use it responsibly so that my college sucess would start earlier than it already has. Thats what I would tell myself.

I wish I would have known that things dont always go as you plan them to be for a reason. I applied to many different schools and I fell in love with one college but it was too expensive to go to for my freshman year. Now that I see what all i've done this year i'm happy i've stayed because i've done so good and made so many new friends that I would have missed if I would have moved away.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is just starting right out of high school and is transitioning from the high school environment into the college environment. This school is a really good starter because its not huge and intimidating like the other universities so this is a good starting college for people.

Nathan

It was considerably cheaper than the other schools I looked at.

It was considerably cheaper than the other schools I looked at.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a senior things would definatly be different. I would have first told myself that i needed to get more prepared for college and find out what i wanted to study and what schools were known best known for degrees in that area. I was a huge procrastanator when it came to choosing my school and i ended up going to a community college for two years before i came to a university. If i knew then what i know now i could have came straight to eastern and i could have kept from taking classes that are useless to my degree

The best thing about my school would be the classmates. everyone seems so nice

Marissa

My classmates are very generous and are more than willing to let you know what you missed in class.

If I were able to go back in time to talk to myself about college, I would tell myself to learn how to probably study. I would tell me that college is hard work, but there is no need to stress out. Also, I would tell myself to never stop applying for scholarships and trying to save money (art supplies burn a whole through a wallet very fast). But what I would really focus on telling me is that it's ok to feel as though you're not the best artist. There will be projects that will stress you out and make you want to kick and scream, but it will ok. You are not perfect, you are human and everyone has their moments that they feel as though they aren't good enough. Just have faith in your talents and in yourself, and you'll do fine. All that can ever be asked of you is to just try.

I wish i had known how expensive art supplies are, as well as how expensive groceries are.

Caitlin

Amazingly beautiful campus full of friendly, energetic and knowledgeable students and staff.

A culturally diverse group of individuals working and pushing one another towards the same end goal.

I would tell myself and others that college is amazing. The experiences you have and the people you meet will change your life forever. There is no reason to be afraid of transition. Getting out and getting away from home will be a growing experience for you personally. You will find out who you are and what you can truly do when you set out on your own. Things you never thought you would have to do will knock at your door, and somehow you will prepare yourself for the challenge. College is a chance to become wiser through knowledge and social experiences. Realizing the one person you can always depend on is yourself. No one else can write those 10 page papers or pull an all-nighter for the big physics exam for you, it is your choice whether you succeed or fail. Friends you meet in college will be those you CHOOSE to befriend, those you make an honest connection with. You will make friends that last a lifetime and learn information to take you into a new stage in your life, educationally and personally. College will be a wonderful experience in itself.

Jacob

If I could go back in time I think that I would have taken advantage of post secondary courses. This is where high school students can take college courses for free while getting both high school and college credit. At the time I felt that I would just concentrate on taking advanced courses at my high school instead of getting college credit. If I had taken these classes I would have had alot of my general courses out of the way. Luckily one of my advanced courses, Calculus was a college level course and I was able to get credit for it.

The best thing that my college offers is a degree in Wildlife Management. This enables me to get my degree there without having to go there for part and then to another college. I am also able to get a minor in criminal justice. The school also offers targeted tuition for out of state students which helps me out alot.

I really don't have alot of complaints with my school. Maybe the food choices and the older dorm rooms might be a complaint, but when compared to other colleges I feel it is comparable.

Eastern has its own unique amphitheater, where they hold free concerts of popular bands. It also makes for a nice study area in the spring or fall. Its a really nice little addition that is only a few blocks from my dorm.

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to tell myself about college. I would tell myself to not worry so much about classes because they are notas bad as I make them out to be in my head. I would also tell myselfto tryout for EKU's volleyball team because I played intermural and I enjoyed every minute of it and I was great at it. The most important thing that I would tell myself is be prepared to come out of my comfort zone and embrace the change, because it will be better for me in the long run. Coming out of your comfort zone and putting yourself into new life changing events is really want college is all about. It is the final stage of shaping you into the person you are going to be before the world swallows you whole.

The most frustrating thing about Eastern Kentucky University it probably the bookstore. I have a had a bad experience with our campus book store. I feel like they don't give fair prices. They also mess up your pre-orders sometimes. Therefore I have chosen to use other sources.

Jeremy

If your not attending EKU most people know of it as a party school which is wrong. School pride would have to be the real aspect the school is known for everyone that attends bleeds maroon.

Do not procrastinate college is one of the biggest challenges and milestones in your life. Be sure to take meaningful classes this year and not those fluff classes where you don?t learn anything. Work on your ACT score the better the score the better the classes you will get and also KHEAA will give you money for a good ACT score. If the opportunity arises take a college class early because anything will help. Most of all enjoy your last year of school but make it a productive year.

The best thing about EKU is their ability to work with everyone. I work 2 jobs an attend school on a full time schedule. With all the classes offered it allowed me to choose a schedule that could work around when i work.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.