Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

britney

I would tell myself to lay off the sports and study more. The hardest thing about college is having money to afford it.

There is very little commuter parking. Most of the time students have to walk from main street.

brandy

They are friendly and dedicated.

They are friendly and dedicated.

My advice is to choose a career that interests you and stick with it. You need to get some work experience in the field of your choice before you make a decision. Talk with career counselors or advisors at the colleges you are interested in. Get involved with clubs or organizations within your college. The more involved you are with your school, the more likely you will be to stay focused and graduate. Do not let work interfere with school. You will be better off in the end, if you put graduating college first instead of advancing in a menial job. Work experience will not carry you to your full potential. College will be fun and awarding for you. You will learn so much more than you ever imagined.

I wish I had understood how financial aid worked in more detail. I wish I had known more about the major I had chosen and the career choices I had.

Stephen

Most of them are pretty cool, however, since we have such a low acceptence standard, you will be grouped with some idiots.

Stop studying in high school, its a waste of time. Try to figure out what you want to do in life, because you are just wasting money in college without a major.

The parties and the lack of difficulity in courses.

KatherineHouse

A mixture of 18 years old to 50 years old. This school like many is really diverse. I love it.

I would tell myself to take it seriously and leave the partying to when the semester is over! Be strong with the things that happen in the first two years of school. Not to let anything distract me and pull me from school.

This really isn't a party school. At least from what I have seen. I'm only there for class then come home for work. From students I know who have attended it is a more focused school.

Dylan

I would tell myself to always put 100% effort into every assignment that I take on. I would tell myself that no matter how stressed out you get from assignments, social life, and any other situations that it will pay off in the end, and to keep pushing for your goals.

In my opinion, the student to faculty ratio is awesome. The fact that I am not in lectures with 300 people he;ps me stay focused. Smaller class sizes benefit the students greatly, while still having a great campus community. I believe that the schools faculty help the students reach their goals on time, as well as always stressing the point that if you are not prepared for class, how are you expecting to be prepared for the real world later in life.

The tuition. I am from a surrounding county outside of KY, and the fact that I have to pay $24,000 a year for school is ridiculous. The campus has a targetted tuition policy that drastically lowers out of state fees but I do not qualify because I did not take a foreign language class in high school. If you take the classes at EKU to make up for the education in high school, the school STILL does not accept you as a targeted student. This is frustrating because I bust my butt for my grades, and no pay off.

Troy

I would study more in high school, and take my classes more seriously. College is so much more different and more hard than high school!

How easy it is to make friends.

This school is for anybody. I've seen all types of students of all different racial backgrounds, incomes, and age groups.

Mick

Diverse individuals with varying levels of open-mindedness.

Diverse individuals with varying levels of open-mindedness.

In order to fully take in and appreciate the life of a college student you must devote yourself to being one. Immediately get involved with clubs and take at least a semester before deciding to join any lifelong commitments, like fraternities or sororities. Rediscover yourself using the new friend base you have from orientation classes. Try to get into whatever Honors Program the school offers, they typically aren?t terribly difficult compared to regular general education class but offer way more opportunities. Do not allow yourself to get caught up in superficial things like: cars, money, sex, drinking. Appreciate those around you and remember that for the next two to four years, or even six, school and everything that comes with it is your new life.

Any kind of person who wishes to get a supreme education with no budget cap.

Betsy

I would let myself know that EKU is a very good academic school even though it lacks in the social aspect. I would remind myself that working hard in college pays off in the long run. By keeping a positive outlook on life and setting goals for yourself, makes you successful. It is very important that you keep your future in mind while making decisions and to stay focused. I would also remind myself that school is very important, but a person needs to have fun. It relieves stress and makes life more clear. I would tell myself it is important to make close friends because you will need them when times get hard.

I think the best thing about my school is the small class sizes. When I was looking for a college to attend that was the number one thing on my list. I feel like my professors know me and I'm not just a number in my classes.

I believe a person who likes smaller class sizes, but still not know everyone would be great for this school. It is the cheapest public university in Kentucky and it offers several majors. EKU is a growing college with a lot to offer.

Holly

Being in Advanced Classes does not matter as much as you would think. At college, people don't care about your skin color, they don't care about your sexual orientation, they do care about each other. Living in the residence halls and going to programs that your Resident Assistant has for you, will allow you to meet so many new people, all with different stories to tell. Study like you should, have a social life, and live every possible minute to its fullest. Having friends and a social life is very important, these people are the ones that support you when family is not around. These are the best years of your life, they really are. You have the friends that you want, people are at the maturity levels that you need, and you are becoming more and more independant. Get involved on campus, because having friends and doing things with them is one of the biggest stress reliefs. Get excited about moving on because, in college, you have everything you have ever wanted.

I wish that I had known about some of the services offered at the school. I didn't know about our counseling center, our IT servies, gym membership, or that we were allowed to rent any electronics (examples being projectors, laptops, digital cameras). I knew what I wanted to do, and decided on Eastern Kentucky University, but I didn't know about all the things I could do on campus. EKU was better once I discovered all the services provided to students.

I believe there is too much emphasis on the fraternities and sororities. They get quite a few priviledges that most students on campus do not get. Greek life is not the most emphasized group on campus, but they do have a lot of recognition, and do get a lot more than other groups.

Laura

I would tell High School self to have fun while in college, and not to stress myself out too bad, because the friends and memories you make in college, you will carry with you for a lifetime. You can't relive the years you were an 18-24 year old college student, so make the best of it, go to a lot of sporting events, campus events, concerts, and lectures. Even if it's something you might not be that interested in, you never know who you could meet and it's an experience. Basically I would just tell my high school self to make the most out of everything, good and bad, in college. Those experiences will also help you figure out what kind of career you want to pursue. I would also recommend going to several job fairs and atleast talking with possible future employers just to find out what they do on a daily basis, to see if that's possibly something you want to do later in life. Lastly, I would say to join some kind of group, either a sports team, intramural team, sorority, or church group, just be a part of something.

Everyone is really friendly, there are alot of fun activities planned, sports are pretty big, and its small enough, but also not too small, and close to a big city.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.