Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

Jerrica

my advice to my self would be to have better study habits.

my advice to my self would be to have better study habits.

the best thing is the diversity. and the teachers really want to help the students learn.

the most fustrating thing about eastern kentucky university is not being able to live of f campus as a freshman.

Maryssa

Trying to have fun while gaining the tools to do better in life.

Trying to have fun while gaining the tools to do better in life.

EKU is known academically for it's nursing, business, and forensic science programs. It is also known for being a good way for those who are from the poorer areas of Kentucky to gain the education they need to be successful in life. Socially, we are known as the biggest party school in Kentucky.

I would tell my more naive self to work on becoming more outgoing the summer before freshman year and do this in order to be more willing to reach out to new people. I would have loved to have been able to make my group of friends more diverse quicker than I had because I was shy. I would have told myself to go through sorority recruitment that first fall because all the other big extracurriculars at the school weigh that heavily in allowing who they will allow to join them and community service is number one to me.

Kristen

The Majority of my classmates have been friendly and helpful however there are some that would rather look the other way over lending a helping hand.

Don't take a year off of school. It would be so much easier to just start right off the bat and not have to relearn everything. You can always change your major. But make sure your 100% happy in the choices you make. They are what forms you as a person

If someone is interested in attending this school they need to be open minded, and willing to do things they normally wouldn't always do in order to meet a few new people.

Lorie

My school is student focused, diverse, and willing to help students in a number of capacities.

My classmates are friendly, fun, diverse and stressed.

Don't be afraid to take "hard" math classes. They really aren't that bad. Remember that anything is possible if you just take it one step at a time. Work hard and save your money. Budget your time and your money wisely. Invest in a really good backpack, comfortable walking shoes, and a waterproof winter coat. You'll need it! Eat Breakfast!!

britney

I would tell myself to lay off the sports and study more. The hardest thing about college is having money to afford it.

There is very little commuter parking. Most of the time students have to walk from main street.

brandy

They are friendly and dedicated.

They are friendly and dedicated.

My advice is to choose a career that interests you and stick with it. You need to get some work experience in the field of your choice before you make a decision. Talk with career counselors or advisors at the colleges you are interested in. Get involved with clubs or organizations within your college. The more involved you are with your school, the more likely you will be to stay focused and graduate. Do not let work interfere with school. You will be better off in the end, if you put graduating college first instead of advancing in a menial job. Work experience will not carry you to your full potential. College will be fun and awarding for you. You will learn so much more than you ever imagined.

I wish I had understood how financial aid worked in more detail. I wish I had known more about the major I had chosen and the career choices I had.

Stephen

Most of them are pretty cool, however, since we have such a low acceptence standard, you will be grouped with some idiots.

Stop studying in high school, its a waste of time. Try to figure out what you want to do in life, because you are just wasting money in college without a major.

The parties and the lack of difficulity in courses.

KatherineHouse

A mixture of 18 years old to 50 years old. This school like many is really diverse. I love it.

I would tell myself to take it seriously and leave the partying to when the semester is over! Be strong with the things that happen in the first two years of school. Not to let anything distract me and pull me from school.

This really isn't a party school. At least from what I have seen. I'm only there for class then come home for work. From students I know who have attended it is a more focused school.

Dylan

I would tell myself to always put 100% effort into every assignment that I take on. I would tell myself that no matter how stressed out you get from assignments, social life, and any other situations that it will pay off in the end, and to keep pushing for your goals.

In my opinion, the student to faculty ratio is awesome. The fact that I am not in lectures with 300 people he;ps me stay focused. Smaller class sizes benefit the students greatly, while still having a great campus community. I believe that the schools faculty help the students reach their goals on time, as well as always stressing the point that if you are not prepared for class, how are you expecting to be prepared for the real world later in life.

The tuition. I am from a surrounding county outside of KY, and the fact that I have to pay $24,000 a year for school is ridiculous. The campus has a targetted tuition policy that drastically lowers out of state fees but I do not qualify because I did not take a foreign language class in high school. If you take the classes at EKU to make up for the education in high school, the school STILL does not accept you as a targeted student. This is frustrating because I bust my butt for my grades, and no pay off.

Troy

I would study more in high school, and take my classes more seriously. College is so much more different and more hard than high school!

How easy it is to make friends.

This school is for anybody. I've seen all types of students of all different racial backgrounds, incomes, and age groups.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.