Richmond, KY
Eastern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Kentucky University

I would make sure to tell students and parents to go on college visits first before setting your heart on a school. I would also research the school and how the people really are. There is a culture difference from my home state and the state of Kentucky and it threw me off a lot and affected my grades and social life a lot. I would also tell them to apply to more schools than just one or two. I only applied to two schools and ended up limiting myself to one because I was not accepted to the other one. It is good to know that you will have a backup plan if the school you pick doesn't work out.

People who are easily distracted by parties, the greek system, and other campus wide organizations should not attend this school. Also people who don't like being on a big campus or in busy areas.

I used to brag a lot about how welcoming the campus environment was. I currently only brag about the opportunites that one can have as far as extra curricular activites.

Julia

My classmates for the most part are friendly but not very outgoing with people who they don't know.

I would tell them to reasearch the colleges they are interested in very well, and make sure you visit before you choose one school. You want to make sure that the student population is the size you want and that the school is in the location that you like. You want to make sure that you are at a place that you will be comfortable at since you may be away from home. Also I would recommend joining a group or club that you are interested in to help make friends so that you are not all on your own on campus, and so that when you are at school you can see and recognize a few friendly faces to make you feel more welcome and at home.

People come form around here so students like me who aren't from Richmond have trouble sometimes finding groups of friends. Most people already have their groups so it can be difficult fitting in, and since most people do live around here, the majority of students go home on weekends while the rest of us have to stay on campus with nothing to do.

Justin

Find one that has alot of school activities, and just get involved with things that interest you becuase if you don't the time will fly by and your college experience will feel wasted.

Brandi

A nice learing environment with many oppertuities to do great things.

A nice learing environment with many oppertuities to do great things.

To parents I would say leave the college picking up to your kids. You may not think so but they may know what is actually best for them. And to students I would say to make the most out of your college experience, get involved. I think you should live on campus at least for your freshman year to meet new people and learn what campus is really about. Get involved in sports, clubs, or a social orginization and you will really get a lot out of your college experience. You will make many memories worth remebering.

Parking is the worst thing bout campus. Too many drivers and not enough parking, it honestly effect people class attendance.

You should find a college that has the major you are interested in, or if you don't know exactly what you want to do, a big college that will allow you to explore your options. You should take classes that interest you the most and be involved with whatever interests you. Major in what you want, not what everybody else wants you to or what you think everyone wants. Money also does not matter when it comes to your major. You have to do what makes you the happiest. That is the key to college: find out about yourself, have fun, and most importantly, be happy!

That most of the fraternities and sororites drink a lot.

Someone who wants to go to a well known school that is good at sports.

Sara

Know what you really want out of your college experience, if its to get in and out with a good degree, or making friends for life, whatever it is have your mind set before you go. Then stick to that and you will have the experience you want.

That you can give 50% effort and come out with an A in almost any class. The level of work is really low and what you are taught is what I feel a high school level would be.

Darnaby

I would tell the students to make sure they visit each college that they are considering, so that they are able to decide whether or not the environment is suitable for them.

I wish I had known about some of the scholarships that I would have been elligible for, had I knew about them when I was an incoming freshman.

That some of the students are here simply to party rather than get the good education that the school offers. These students taint our classrooms and make it difficult for some of us to learn to the best of our potential.

Rebekah

If I were giving advice to a parent and/or student in regards to selecting a college, I would remind them to research all schools of interest, and then select the one that best fits their current personal and financial situation. I would add that to get the most possible out of college, one must listen to advisors, and stick to a major once deciding, and above all, study.

Cherrelle

Eastern Kentucky is a place many people can call home.

Eastern Kentucky is a place many people can call home.

Find a school your child or children can go and feel involved, welcome, and at home. Let the choice be up to the student. Let the student make the important life decisions, such as their major and career choice, and trust their decision. It's the student's life not the parent's.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of more diversity programs, because the only true diversity program I saw was during Black History month and they had one speaker come to our school and that was it.

Natalie

When looking for a college to attend it's important to make sure it's a good fit for how you live, how you work , and how you play. The reality is a college student probably spends 80% of their college experience on their campus or in their campus' home town. Make sure it is what you want because nobody wants to be homesick. Also make sure you're prepared the the work that's ahead and that you are willing to continually work to get your education.

A person who values their education and works hard to get the grades they want.

A person who is unprepared, apathetic, and not focused.

Eastern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.