Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

The worst thing about Eastern Kentucky University would be how small the school can feel sometimes. Everyone makes social goof-ups their first year and everyone wants to be alone once in a while, but Eastern makes that difficult. Yes, it can be great walking across campus and being able to wave to someone everywhere you go. But, even with 8,000 students on campus, your roommate's boyfriend's gym pal's study buddy, always seems to have class with that guy who you gave your number too the night you forgot to put your contacts in. Ouch!

Contributing to the aformentioned attendance policy, the school just seems to be too controlling for a public university. Not only is it now a dry campus, which is hard enough on its own with my school having so many veterans, it has recently become a tabaccoo free campus which I believe will be very detrimental to the sucess of the study body. Many students on campus feel as though we are being pushed back to a more high school like setting, which takes away from the experience of the freedom of college.

I think the worst thing about this school is the parking. I feel this way because, most of the dorms do not have parking around them. If a dorm happens to have a parking lot near it, there still isn't enough spaces. When you're fortunate enough to get a parkin spot by your dorm, then you don't want to leave campus because you know it will be gone by the time you get back. I feel as if the parking should be near the dorms, rather than away from them.

The worst thing about my school in my opinion is being far away from where I grew up. It's 3 hours from my hometown, so I always consider it close enough sometimes, but also far enough sometimes. It's also in Richmond, KY so when we do clinicals for nursing, the worst part is having to drive farther away than I'd like, but it's something that you always get used to.

The worst part about EKU is that there isn't a whole lot to do on campus on the weekends. Luckily, we're close to Lexington and Richmond offers some entertainment, but it would be nice to have things to do on the weekends without having to leave campus. Minus athletic events, they need to offer more concerts, speakers, theatre productions, etc.

I think the worst thing about my school would have to be parking, by far. The university sells more parking passes than they have parking spots. They can afford new sciene buildings, but they can't seem to work on getting more parking for the students who live on campus. It can become a very stressful situation.

I believe there is too much emphasis on the fraternities and sororities. They get quite a few priviledges that most students on campus do not get. Greek life is not the most emphasized group on campus, but they do have a lot of recognition, and do get a lot more than other groups.

Nothing at all. I really can't think of anything I absolutely hate. The only thing that I might not like somewhat is the choice of food. We have a food court, but it doesnt really have a good choice of food. There are only 5 food stations, with food that really gets old fast!

The limited parking is probably the worst thing about EKU, since we pay for parking tickets one would think that would give a larger variety for students to park. However, this is not the case. Almost all student life is confined to a few parking lots.

For me the worst thing about Eastern Kentucky University is the fact that I have to drive 35 miles to get there, one way. If that was not enough, parking can be a challenge, there seem to be more parking permits than there are parking places.