Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

Attend a college that will help you succeed in life. You want to be able to make close relationships with the campus faculty and be able to comprehend what you're learning in your different classes. Try to be active in different organizations throughout campus. Attend a college that feels right to you; go to a college that feels comfortable and not overwhelming. Make college an incredible experience.

If I were giving advice to a parent and/or student in regards to selecting a college, I would remind them to research all schools of interest, and then select the one that best fits their current personal and financial situation. I would add that to get the most possible out of college, one must listen to advisors, and stick to a major once deciding, and above all, study.

Because of my college experience I have been working in an Emergcney Room for 3.5 years as an Registered Nurse. I have loved every minute of it but would like to further my education so I can help people on a higher level. Without my prior education I would not have had the opportunity to work as an Registered Nurse in Emergency Room. My education is very valuable to me.

To Find the right college visit the college. Talk to the students there. Ask the staff questions. The most important thing to succeed in college is to go to class, if you go to class then you have the notes, the professor will test from the notes most of the time and you can get a much better grade., a better job, and have greater opportunites in your chosen field.

Don't be afraid to take "hard" math classes. They really aren't that bad. Remember that anything is possible if you just take it one step at a time. Work hard and save your money. Budget your time and your money wisely. Invest in a really good backpack, comfortable walking shoes, and a waterproof winter coat. You'll need it! Eat Breakfast!!

The best schools doesn't mean the best education. If you work hard enough, apply yourself and make a great portfolio that is all that matters. A degree from a big name school doesn't compare to a great portfolio. Stop being scared of whether you're good enough. Keep practicing and practicing art and coding and you'll make it there, you'll see.

Apply to as many schools as possible. Always make sure you interview BOTH professors AND students to ensure you get a fair picture of what your program will be like. Remember to consider your long term career goals and go to the school which best fits these goals. Do not pick a school based soley on fincancial aid.

To find the right college to attend, you must find one that once you attend, you will not want to leave. Parting from friends, professors, and the environment of the college saddens you. It should help make you a better person by influencing you learn and also how you will become once you begin your career.

I would tell myself to be more devoted and STICK IT OUT! When I was younger I did not understand the responsibilty that would be put on me, I had never had to "try" in school, it came natural. But if I could go back I'd tell myself and my peers to be ready for the challenge because the reward is so great.!

Look for a college that offers what it is you think you want to do with your life. Narrow down your choices and then looks at tuition and just all around basic costs of things. Look at the size of the campuses, the dorms, read up on the tutoring centers (if offered) and don't be afraid to ask questions.