Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

My first big advice would be to take all the AP classes you can your final year of high school because you don't want to be in college forever. Also at the end of the year when you are ready to get out of school and be free from the "evil" place remember you still have scholarship chance so fill out that scholarship form and turn it in early. With a weighted GPA of 4.0 and Ranked 12th in your class you should get something. So do that and your college life will be much much much easier.

College students need your support. You are their cheering section! If possible choose a college close to home to save your student the cost of living on their own. Of course this isn't alway possible or wanted so the best thing parents and students can do is to listen to each other. Parents have already been through college and want only the best for their student. What ever choice is made parents alway support your student, whether your student knows it or not they need you.

Do not procrastinate college is one of the biggest challenges and milestones in your life. Be sure to take meaningful classes this year and not those fluff classes where you don?t learn anything. Work on your ACT score the better the score the better the classes you will get and also KHEAA will give you money for a good ACT score. If the opportunity arises take a college class early because anything will help. Most of all enjoy your last year of school but make it a productive year.

I would tell myself to move onto campus my first semester and not wait. It's better on the main campus then on the extended campuses. Then I would say thing about not getting behide in class and keeping up with all of the class I was taking even if the class was a waste of time. Then I would say start getting things done and not wait to last mintue to fill things out. Work harder because even though I wanted to have fun, it was time to grow up and get what needed to be done, done.

If I could go back in time and tell my senior self anything about going to college, I think I would tell myself to go with your gut and go to your dream school no matter what anyone else tells you because you do not want to regret it later. Just because the family thinks they know best does not mean they do, only you know what is best for you and you need to do what you need to do. You are the only who has to deal with the decision you made for the rest of your life.

I would have tried my best to warn myself about how difficult it can be to make friends in college. It's odd that in a small school I had more friends than I could keep track of but upon moving to a medium sized school, I have barely begun to make friends. People assume that it is easy to make friends in places where there are more people but that isn't necessarily true. It is much harder to find one person in an ocean than it is to find them in a small lake.

When looking for a college to attend it's important to make sure it's a good fit for how you live, how you work , and how you play. The reality is a college student probably spends 80% of their college experience on their campus or in their campus' home town. Make sure it is what you want because nobody wants to be homesick. Also make sure you're prepared the the work that's ahead and that you are willing to continually work to get your education.

The advice that i would give myself would be ? Keep your studying habits updated and never wait to the last minute to do homework also don't change who you are too fit in. Next i would tell myself to work alot of hours to make some money over the summer to avoid calling parents and begging them for money . Finally always keep your faith you can do anything in this world that you want to long as you put your mind to it dreams really do come true.

I have learned a great deal about communicating, working with, and surviving in the world. You learn things about life that you can not learn in a high school setting, or even in going right out into the job world. You learn about many different cultures, and people, and you learn how to interact with them. College has been valuable to me because of all of these things. The friendships I have made while in college are priceless.

If i could go back in time and be a high school senior I would prepare myself for college more than i did. I did not expect the diffrence between high school and college. My high school did not prepare the seniors with all the study materials needed throughout college. If i could give myself any advice it would be slow and steady wins the race. If you take your time and work hard great things will come out.