Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

Prior to attending EKU i was a student at a local community college. I decided to transfer to EKU because i heard they had the best nursing programs in the state of Kentucky. However, i didn't know how i was going to fit in at EKU as a non-traditional student-thus i became apprehensive. I couldn't recall seeing advertisements of non-traditional students attending EKU so i put off transferring. If i had known how awesome EKU accommodated non-traditional students, i would have applied to EKU so much sooner.

I wish that I had known about some of the services offered at the school. I didn't know about our counseling center, our IT servies, gym membership, or that we were allowed to rent any electronics (examples being projectors, laptops, digital cameras). I knew what I wanted to do, and decided on Eastern Kentucky University, but I didn't know about all the things I could do on campus. EKU was better once I discovered all the services provided to students.

I wish i had known about people always going home on the weekend and it leaves the people on campus that not old enought to participate in adult activities with nothing to do . Next , this campus is all about greek life or in other words fraternities and sororities and they exclude people of different races from parties or other social event and that dosen't allow people to meet and greet other people.

I wish I would have known that things dont always go as you plan them to be for a reason. I applied to many different schools and I fell in love with one college but it was too expensive to go to for my freshman year. Now that I see what all i've done this year i'm happy i've stayed because i've done so good and made so many new friends that I would have missed if I would have moved away.

That a lot of people do not stay during the weekend, most pack up and go home. I also would have liked to known how big the greek system was. Lastly, I wish i would have known how to recieve a job when i truly needed one.

How to find more money for school. I also wish I would have known that I needed credit to get loans and would have gotten myself a credit card while in high school.

I wish I had understood how financial aid worked in more detail. I wish I had known more about the major I had chosen and the career choices I had.

I wish I had known about some of the scholarships that I would have been elligible for, had I knew about them when I was an incoming freshman.

i wish i would have known the time constraints due to playing varsity sports. nothing really shocked me about college itself

I wish I would have known a little more about the social opportunities that were avaiable before coming to school here.