Eastern Kentucky University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern Kentucky University

odessa

I love EKU and they have some amazing opptunties for what ever you want to study in!!!!!!!! There food is amazing. there teachers are so helpful and teach you so much ,and they teach in a fun way not just sitting and writing where you don learn anything you get to interact with people and things.

Hanna

I believe that Eastern Kentucky University is a great place that is warm and welcoming.Eastern Kentucky University is also a place to be when you want something fun to do and good to eat with it’s many local restaurants and there better than amazing dining halls

Nevaeh

The schools is a very nice environment to be apart of. The people and professors make you feel right at home, the campus in and out of itself is a beauty. The opportunities are endless, not including all there is to do around Richmond, Ky. Overall the school is a great place to attend.

Kimberly

EKU is a welcoming environment with continual progress in many areas, especially academics. They offer programs with 100% employment rates after graduation. They are working to improve on-campus life with the development of new facilities. They are quick to take care of their students and promote a good future for all.

Quin

Eastern Kentucky University is a great University to learn in. The campus is not that big but it is big enough to walk around and enjoy the environment. The area is nice and well protected, also the school is very good with its criminal justice program so the area is well protected. Very good school to learn and excel in.

Kimberly

It is a great school with plenty of opportunities, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a medium sized school. I especially love all of the activities and clubs available on and off campus. The dorms are very homey and the food is amazing.

Abbey

I very much like the lifestyle and community here at EKU. The academics are wonderful and I feel like I'm getting a solid education. I am beyond thankful for my decision to attend college here and am looking forward to finishing out my college career here at EKU.

I love Eastern and I’m so happy that I get to be involved in their Color Gaurd this year. The school is amazing and I’m really excited that I’m going to be living on campus and making friends along the way. I really hope that I can make the best of this year and years to come!

Morgan

Eastern Kentucky University is a great school. We have many different study programs so everyone will find where they are meant to be. We also have many different on campus activities and organizations to be apart of. We always have people around campus to help new students or if you have a question. We love our sport teams and going to any sport games. We also have great tutors and amazing academic help.

Autumn

If you are looking for a school that has small class sizes to learn and big enough to feel like you are apart of a movement then Eastern Kentucky University is your school. Overall, I've enjoyed my experience and have received a great education and able to graduate a semester early. The professors really care about the success of their students and will challenge you to be the best you can be. They won't throw you under the bus. I am proud to be apart of this university. Although Eastern has it's ups and downs what school doesn't? We are currently in the building process, making this school more up to date and competitive to other universities.

Eastern Kentucky University has provided me with the opportunity to take college classes while still in high school. I have been fortunate enough to have firsthand experience with small class sizes and engaging professors. I also have had many professors who want to see a student's success and push them to give their best in class. Even with the arts classes, particularly the acting class I took, I was able to meet new people and learn about their experiences. I was also able to push myself to learn in new ways and apply that elsewhere. Overall, Eastern Kentucky University is a fantastic school that I will be lucky to attend for my college.

sean

I feel at home here, EKU is more than just my school. With a wide variety of majors to choose from, and Living Learning Communities for all students, every student has the opportunity and is encouraged to partake in social events, and EKU football is all the hype.

Eastern Kentucky University is a great college to receive an education. There are tons of programs to choose from and amazing opportunities to get involved and grow as a person. What really makes this college special are the people. The professors go above and beyond for the students. Most give personal phones numbers to reach them at anytime. If there are problems, faculty listen to the students and address the situation because they truly care about the students and programs. I transferred from a community college here in Kentucky and the quality of students and faculty is dramatically different. This school is awesome! Lots of activities, good people, and a great educational opportunity.

Anastasia

Eastern Kentucky University is a diverse and unique school that somehow manages to feel like both a hometown college and an urban university. It’s a wonderful school and I haven’t met a stranger there. Look forward to the rest of my degree there, and potentially returning there in my later years.

Chloe

I really do love it here, but being in an underfunded art department has its drawbacks. I thought that would end leaving high school, but it's the same. There are usually only 1-2 class times for each art class taught by one professor, so if your schedule doesn't allow for those specific times then you're screwed. Also, the Typography professor specifically is one of the worst professors I've ever had. However, I have still learned a lot, met my best friends here, and I feel like there is plenty of opportunities to be had.

Cyndi

My experience at EKU was excellent. From on-campus living to academics and everything in between, this school offered great things. Professor availability and willingness to help, small class sizes, plus a safe and friendly environment made for a positive experience.

Through Eastern Kentucky may not be the newest of schools, I really like it here and enjoy my studies. I've had so many fun experiences and made so many new friend's. I would choose EKU all over again. The professors are really nice and encourage students endlessly.

Robin

It is a great school with great people. The regents decide to spend money on the wrong things and parking sucks. EKU will sooner advance it's sports programs than academics. There aren't enough classes to sign up for sometimes because we don't have enough professors to teach them. Tuition is slowly going up even though you don't get your money's worth.

Ciera

The school spirit is amazing and the other students are fun, but the school in general does not care about their students. All they care about is the money. I was having problems with financial aid at one point and no two people were telling me the same thing. Bryan Erslan, the director of the financial aid office, is amazing and did everything he could to help, but the rest of the staff did not care and were basically lying about different things. I would not recommend this school to someone but people learn best through experience.

Bailey

Eastern Kentucky University is a school that promotes learning and encourages its students to succeed. The teachers care about their students and want to see all of their students succeed. Eastern Kentucky University is a safe and inclusive environment that promotes acceptance.

Eastern Kentucky University is one an amazing, academic, hard-working University. The students that attend are very diligent in the work they do. Their students have plenty of time outside of classes to do extracurricular activities. This makes the students lives a lot less stressful, they have an outlet when things are tough and you can always count on the counselors for help if there is ever an issue. Eastern Kentucky has a great staff, great peers and a great opportunity to earn your college degree.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at EKU. The president began making a lot of structural improvements like new buildings and new aesthetic features to make the university more competitive, and it definitely did need some updates. However, the political climate toward higher ed in KY forced some unfortunate decisions by the Board of Regents and President like cutting programs and increasing costs for students. I participated in the Honors Program at EKU and had a great experience with them. When I attended, it was definitely worth the cost, and Richmond is a great suburban town.

Matalyn

It is a really great school, and the perfect size for me, personally. It's not as big as UK, but It's not as small as Berea either. Definitely a good mix. I've never had a professor that wasn't willing to meet with you for anything. They may not give extra credit, but they give extra help so that next time will be better.

I like Eastern Kentucky University, it is a smaller university with smaller class sizes that make you feel welcomed. There are plenty of things to do on campus, shops are easily accessible by the transit, and the buildings aren't too far apart. If you want to join an organization to feel more welcomed, there are plenty of opportunities to do so and that is also great.

I love EKU with all of my heart. I am currently a junior here. I have gained such an amazing education here and would recommend this school to anyone. There are, however, a few things that need to be adjusted/better here. The number one concern on campus is the food. Upper Case is the same food every single day, and its not even that great. I know so many students who would rather eat cheap ramen than go get food from case. Its a brand new building, so I don't see why they can't work on providing better food for the students who are paying thousands of dollars to go there. Another thing, professors need to get better at responding to emails. Ive had so many professors who are only able to be reached during class. Thats very inconvenient if we have something due before the next class and there is a question or concern about the assignment. Another main concern of mine is parking. There is way too many employee parking spots and not enough student parking on campus. There is not even that many employees for the amount of parking they have. I can never find parking near my dorm, when im the only paying to go to school and live on campus.

Chson

It could be better but I love the sense of community it brings.

larry

My overall opinion of Eastern Kentucky University is that overall its a very good school. There is lots of involvement on and off campus with plenty of extracurricular actives you can be a part of. They also take pride in their academic success and have many resources available to students for any program they are in.

Jordan

Eastern Kentucky is very friendly campus and provides several opportunities for every student that attends. They provide several nice facilities that create a great environment for their students. Although every school can improve, Eastern Kentucky is one of the best colleges in Kentucky.

Peighton

I believe that this is a fast growing campus, with many new things being improved including the housing and other buildings. I believe that the dining hall food should be improved as most of the food is flavorless and people pay a lot of money for the food plan. The professors are extremely knowledgable about what they are teaching and are very passionate about their specific topics.

I love being an EKU student because this college makes me feel like I made the right choice on where to continue reaching my goals. There are plenty of opportunities offered for many diverse backgrounds and personalities. This campus is not too big, not too small. Overall, I know I am where I should be!

Jamison

Eastern Kentucky is one of the most beautiful campuses in Kentucky offering scenic views many places to explore and super close to Lexington. The students and staff make you feel like you are home no matter how far away you are or what aspect of life you have came from. I highly recommend you attending EKU. #GoColonels

Destiny

Overall, I couldn't pick a better school to go to in the state of Kentucky. I enjoy it mostly because everything is so close together that it takes at most 5-7 minutes to get to a facility. I currently live in Clay hall, which is right next to the dining hall, the science building, the recreation center, the library, and other educational buildings. The dining hall has decent food most days but some days it will be amazing. There also plenty of restaurant choices on campus that are in the dining facility and around the campus. Town is also right next to campus which provides for all your needs in every way.

Jason

I love it and am proud to be a student at EKU. I know that EKU will add value to my resume and will play a big part in my future. They offer one of the best educations in fire protection and so theses students are often sought out by a wide range of companies working within the fire protection and emergency services industry.

Jadyn

I will be attending Eastern Kentucky University in the fall of 2019. I visited in October and absolutely loved it. It is one of the best schools I have visited. It immediately felt like home to me, everyone was so kind. I can't wait to attend next fall!

Allie

I love EKU! There are always plenty of fun activities happening around campus, plus tons of clubs to join. There is always a way to be actively involved in campus life! Professors are always available to chat and give extra help if needed. The class sizes are also small, which helps with individual learning and attention in the classroom. Overall, Eastern is a great school!