Eastern Maine Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern Maine Community College

Nathaniel

Overall, I love it there because of the transportation, locations are very convenient, and I basically did well in that school. I would really love to stay there if I was given the opportunity. Plus, I even had my former writing professor help me with my biography that I'm currently working on as we speak

Sophie

EMCC is a small campus with a low student to teacher ration, however they do not offer many extracurricular activities. We do not have any sports teams at all and the student senate seems nonexistent (I'm actually not positive that there is one). Although the academics are okay, it's not a great place to make new friends or spend more time than you have to on campus. On top of that, the library consists of 1 floor of a building and there are almost no quiet places on campus available to study.

Jesse

Eastern Maine Community College offers opportunities to learn both on and off campus. Many of my classes happen on the side of cliffs, or on roaring rivers. Not many programs offer such an amazing experiential education, and EMCC offers one of those programs. The class sizes for my program are a maximum of 16 students, but rarely exceeds 10. If you want an affordable, experience oriented, and fun college to attend I can't think of a better place.

Mark

I love Eastern Maine Community College and have been going here for about four years. They have online classes and they work with my schedule and allow me to go to school part-time while I’m working full-time. The staff and faculty are very friendly.

Amelia

Eastern Maine Community College is a great school for those who are not sure what they want to do with their lives, in a career sense. They have a wide variety of programs and the admissions faculty and advisers are extremely helpful in guiding you in the process of figuring out what you want do. Advisers and admissions also regularly schedule visits from other college admissions so you can see what your transfer options are to local schools. The class size is one of the best things at this school. The size is very small and this allows the instructors to know you individually which makes them a lot more willing to help you in your classes. This is truly a great school.

allie

overall I love the school! the campus is small but there are so many opportunities to go out and get involved in the community and on campus activities. The staff is amazing and the teachers are always available when you need to talk or have questions. The food is amazing! and there are always plenty of choices to pick from.

Sarina

its amazing. very cost effective, and the staff are all amazing, helpful and down to earth people.

Renee

Wonderful school for non-traditional students. Great place to go to take gen eds and figure out what you want to do. Also a great place to get an associates degree and transfer to a 4 yr school that offers a bachelorrette degree, but you can work while you get it.

Jean

EASTER MAINE WAS THE BEST CHOICE I HAVE EVER MADE. I ALWAYS REFER OTHER STUDENTS TO THIS SCHOOL

Braden

As a student with a learning disability attending his first year at Eastern Maine Community College, I have made several discoveries. The quality of education delivered is not achieved with larger and larger price tags and tuition fees. This school has provided me with a solid foundation on which I have been able to learn about my desired Profession. In a manner that has made me feel confident about what I am capable of doing, and providing me with alternative means to learn about that which I was currently unable to do. I have built many relationships with people including my instructors, and classmates; all of which have helped me feel more human, and less like an abnormality in an ever increasingly strange world. I believe that Eastern Maine community college isn't a center for merely achieving a higher education, but a place that people of younger ages to come and learn more about themselves in proper and dignified perspective. Surrounded by people who are resourceful and sources of education entirely in themselves. This trait alone provides something that most Universities simply don't have. The Classes as an entirely different entity often provoke deep thought and for me spur me onto tangents in ways I had never acclimated too before. As a woodworker, I see this in the shop and see everyone else fixating over small aspects of finish work in designing cabinets and furniture. Learning essential design elements from Professionals and masters of their Trade. In all honesty and fairness, I cant think of a better place I'd rather get an education.

Erica

Easter Maine Community College is ok. Its a Community College in Bangor Maine. It is what it is. A Miserable state. Bad weather. Bad location. Mostly ok people.

I started going here in 2012. They were really small but very well priced and offered just enough. Now I'm going back 5 years later and am very impressed. They have grown in size and offer much more for courses. They also have become very accommodating with full time working people by offering online and night courses. I was also pleased with tuition costs as it was much less than some of the bigger universities around. I feel you can get the same quality education at this institution for cheaper then a bigger more expensive school.

Jacob

It has certainly been a great experience that has fostered an intellectual environment for myself and other students. I have been very comfortable here attaining general studies credits, and transfer credits to a four year university without missing a step.

Courtney

At first I had my doubts about going to a community college; there is a certain negative stigma that seems to go along with them. Eventually, I decided to attend Eastern Maine Community College because of the on campus housing, and the perfect distance from my hometown; not too close but not too far. Immediately, I noticed how caring the staff at Eastern Maine really are. Each and every faculty member strives to help us on our paths to success. Living on campus has certainly been an amazing experience. There is a no substance policy, so partying and drinking are absent, and therefore do not distract me from learning. The RAs are so caring, and they host different fun events each month. The teachers have been so helpful; my chefs are absolutely amazing! They are always available to help, even emailing me holiday recipes upon request. I have only been attending Eastern Maine for a few months, but already I feel that my culinary skills are improved. With Eastern Maine providing work studies for me, I have been able to afford books and the things that I need. When looking for a college to go to, it is important to choose what you want to do; never let someone shame you for going to a community college. Choosing to go to Eastern Maine Community College has truly been the best decision of my life.

nichole

The teachers and academics part of the school are great. All of my teachers were easily accessible, helpful, and supportive. When it comes to communication between the Financial Aid office and the student from their end, it is a complete nightmare. I know students are supposed to keep tabs on their financial aid, but when the Aid office knows something you don't and they don't tell you until it's almost too late. That is poor communication and makes it that more stressful to be a student.

jen

Great practical learning environment. Access to state of the industry equipment and techniques. Instructors are knowledgeable and professional. Food's actually pretty good. Administration is hard to deal with, not always transparent in their decision making process.