Eastern Oklahoma State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern Oklahoma State College

Jaydin

I love EOSC! The biggest thing that really sticks out too me is how helpful and how friendly the professors and other staff are. They really do care for the students and it isn't just some job to them. They make sure all of their students understand the material and give them second chances so they have multiple opportunities to succeed. The facilities are a little run down but, that doesn't really bother me much. The food is great and the campus is always took care of. I'm extremely pleased with my experience at EOSC.

My overall opinion of EOSC is that it is a very great experience and college. Being that the college is only a two year Junior College, it's homey in a type of way. I definitely wouldn't trade the experience that I've had there for anything. Junior college friends are those that stick with you for life. It's a different feeling with them than if you were to have them at a four year university. It's almost like we form a closer bond since we will only most likely be with each other for those two years, so you definitely grow to have a family by your side with your junior college peers. The food might not be that great, but at least we get food rather than going to a community college and having to buy your own food. Going to this junior college has taught me many life lessons and I absolutely recommend going to a junior college first rather than jumping straight in to a big university. It helps with your social life, gives you a taste of how college classes are potentially going to go, and teaches you many life lessons and leaves you with a family for life.

It is one of the best two-year colleges I've been to. They help you with everything and anything you want to know. They have a decent variety of career paths to choose from for your associates degree. They have one of the best nursing programs around, so far it has been great! I recommend them to people who have path in their academic programs or even for people who do not know, they can simply just get a general studies degree and move on from there to whatever suits them!

jenna

Madison

Coming to Eastern Oklahoma State College was one of the best decisions I made. Iv'e met so many people and everyone is always friendly, including the staff. The professors are always easy to get a hold of, whether they're in their office or you send them an email, they are always super helpful.

Kelly

For me, Eastern is the place I need to be. The education and experience I am getting here is one I would not receive at a big university. I get the hands on experience of actual Ag Businesses as well as Ranch Management practices. I am involved with many different businesses and people who help and encourage me at the school as well as in the community. I would not have gotten this kind of education and experience doing my basics in a classroom of 200 students at a big city university. I am where I need to be for my first two years of college, and others who likes smaller class sizes and more help will benefit from this school as well. It is not for everyone, but it does have a lot to offer for many different types of people. The campus is small but cute, and the town doesn't have much but it is a beautiful scenic area for someone who likes the outdoors. It truly is a lovely place.

Eastern is a college of opportunities if you choose to participate you will greatly enjoy your time there, though if you don't get out there and try the great experience will not happen for you. If you have a harder time academically Eastern offers plenty of tutoring and helps with anything from essay writing to math tutoring. Eastern has been an amazing experience for me and has better prepared me for the academic field in higher degree colleges.

Eastern Oklahoma State college is an excellent college with a home town feel. The area is small, but the education makes up for it. The students and staff are very friendly, caring, and happy. The professors make it a priority to spend one on one time with the student if needed. Overall, I love EOSC.

Brandi

It's an awesome school to attend! It's just a small town

Dakotah Lynn

EOSC is a great place to get your general education requirements out of the way at a great price. The professors make it worth it, even if there isn't too much to do in little ole Wilbrton, Oklahoma. It's a good option for commuting students or students who want to live off campus as well.

Lilli

My overall opinion of Eastern Oklahoma State College is that you get what you pay for. It is a cheaper college, which means you won't get all that you would at a bigger university. Wilburton has nothing to do and the college usually doesn't either. Overall it is very boring and not very intellectual, but you pay for what you get.

Kevin

It is a very nice campus. Classes are not too big. Many opportunities to be a part of. The livestock judging coach was very helpful during my visit. He gave me information on housing, meals, class size and job opportunities that I can explore during my education at this college.

Jake

my over all opinion, eastern Oklahoma state is a very good school with a plethora of options socially and academically. The staff is very helpful and the professors are very corruptive and very understanding to your personal life and work with you making sure you don't fall being and understand the current material.

My overall opinion of Eastern Oklahoma State College is that it is honestly a good school. There is great people all over campus, the professors are usually easy to get along with and most of them just wanna help you out the best they can. Eastern has a great campus life vibe. I personally come from a small town all my life so I think Eastern is a great start for one's first few years of college.

Terra

It is a good place to go to school. It’s a small college so your professors are usually pretty accessible, accommodating and helpful. The college itself has a great atmosphere and staff are always friendly. The on-campus living isn’t great but that usually the case. Overall pretty happy with my EOSC experience.

Kaylee

It is a great college to start off at. Especially if you are from a small school. The professors will talk to you and wouldn’t mind if you came to get to know them. They are very encouraging and caring. I don’t think I would have cake this car at a university if I didn’t get a small feel at here first. Now I do know that I do want to further my education and continue. Not to mention it is cheaper!

Zoie

This school is great for concurrent students. The professors are flexible and are willing to extend dates. If you do not like a large college scene, this may be the school for you. The buildings (from what I have seen) are on the older side but are kept very well.