Saint Davids, PA
Eastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern University

Meleana

If I could go in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say "Save Money". I would say to complete as many scholarships as I can and never give up on hope. I would also say to save my money when I was getting paid than spending it on Unnessessary "Stuff". I would to stay on track with things in school. Get my finacial things done early so I could be on the roll without being stress out at the last minute. To always study and get in the habit of studing every day for each class. Take school seriously. When help was giving out recieve it, do not deny the help. fill-out more than four applications for school. To never think that everything will ride smoothly unless I do the work that need to be done. To start listening to what people say to me and take it seriously when it comes to finacial needs and college. Involved more school activities and be socially involed instead of being anti-social. Start taking notes and study harder because once I start to study more, then the more it become easy to study to do.

Alexus

My school allows me to feel free, motivated and anxious to persue the "career-world."

Make sure you do evey homework assignment that is issued to you. Believe it or not that actually count! Depending on your GPA, you can be awarded many scholarships, and that is less money you or you parents have to pay out of pocket.

The best thing about my school, Eastern University, is the Christian-based enviroment!

Jesse

What is unique about my school is the academics and the atmosphere. The professors not only just teach, but open their offices for you to come in for extra help if you need it. Most colleges do not do that. Also, there is a big white rock that students are allowed to paint over and paint whatever they want on it and usually there are creative pieces of art work there.

The advice that I would give myself is Jesse, stay in school, maintain a high gpa and apply apply apply to collges and scholarships. Don't drop out of high school and go to college later because you are going to want to be working. Being in college at 23 Jesse is not fun at all, you are older than everyone else, and when you want to get married, you can't because you don't have a stable job. And apply to scholarships as well! I didn't start doing that when I started college and that messes with my financial aid. Be wise and start school early and focus focus focus. Don't get distracted by things going on and don't allow the fact that mom and dad got divorced to get in the way. I know it hurts and it messes everything up but stay focused and you will be okay. The pain will go away eventually and broken hearts will mend. Don't allow that to mess with you because it will affect you for the rest of yoru life. And always perserve through every obstacle because you are going ot be great in life.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is open-minded and friendly. Each semester students are excited about incoming freshman to help them and show them the ropes. This atmosphere is filled with extroverted, outgoing, and friendly people. This is a Christian University as well and if you are open to hearing about Jesus, then you should come as well.

Tyana

Experiencing college life and how difficult it is, if I can go back in time to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to focus because the life of a college student is way more complicated than the life of a high school student. I know when I was a high school senior, school work was a breeze and I was involved in so many things. Being in college now, things are different. The work is harder and I am learning things that high school teachers don't teach you even if they do say that the course is on a college level. I have faced so many challenges when it came to trying to balance activities with school work and a social life. If I can tell my high school senior self just how difficult college can be then at that time I would not have only prepared better for college, but to appreciate my wonderful high school years that I got to have. I say this because you can experience college more than once, but you can never go back to high school and have that adventurous experience again.

I wish I would have known that college is nothing like high school. When I first walked through the doors of Eastern University, I was expecting this to be like a nice ride on the merry-go-round, but it was not. It was a crazy roller coaster with flips and turns that I did not see coming. I did not realize how challenging college life is compared to high school, but I learned my lesson and I know now what I need to do so I can have that nice and easy ride; just like in high school.

I always tell my friends about the beautiful scenery at Eastern University. Some people brag about their party schools and how popular they have become, but I appreciate the little things about my school. I love waking up every morning and seeing God's miraculous creations. I love when I walk to class I'm not in the city, I'm in a whole new world. You can experience college parties anytime in your high school career, but how many times do you wake up and see an adventure outside your door? My school is a journey like no other.

Laken

I would tell myself to eat better and pay attention to your weight. Also excercise more than I did. I would teach myself how to write good notes and how to study. Studying is a big part of classes and if you do not know how to do that well you will not do so well in your first couple of tests. Be open to new things and do not be afraid of people. It is hard with so many people that you do not know but do not be afraid of that. People just want to get to know you. Also, be smart about money. Get it and save it. Don't spend it.

The school is very beautful. The professors care about their students and are always open to helping you. They are kind. They also know what they are talking about. They are experts in their field and do not condemn you for asking questions. The students are also very kind. Of course there are always those people who are not the nicest; however, most of the students are very friendly. The people in general are the best part of Eastern University.

I wish I knew how much money I would neeed. The school is very expensive and I wish I would've worked harder to get money together. I also wish I would have been better about studying and taking notes. If you do not take good notes you will not be able to study very well. You can study the books but that does not always help you as much as the notes you take on the information.

Grayson

Eastern is small and intimate. I have always gotten plenty of attention in each of my classes. Even in lecture classes, there is a good chance the professor will know you by name.

We have either hyper conservatives or ultra liberals. There really isn't an in between. We have people from Portland or Seattle, or from any of the neighboring farm towns. There is a great deal of respect among students, though most people will stick to their guns on their end of the political and moral spectrum. Though the campus is an open and accepting place for the most part, we are still a bit behind the times in LGBTQ issues. Though we have several prominent individuals who work with the GSA and similar groups. We are on our way, but not quite there yet.

Maybe it is just because that is where I spend most of my time, but the theater scene on campus seems to be one of the largest and most eclectic groups.

Admittedly the class selection nothing spectacular, certainly on par with the average, but nothing beyond that. What makes Eastern really stand out to me is laid back attitude of most of the teachers, they really seem to teach because they love teaching. Not because they realized too late that there was nothing else they could do with their degree.

While it is true that eastern is home to a good deal of both of those, it is also home to a great deal of liberal, free thinkers, both in the faculty and the student body.

Priscilla

I'll start with something you don't have to know in high school: what you want to do with your life. People always ask this, so we think we should have an answer. If someone asked about my plans, I'd say my first priority was to learn what the options were. You do not need to be in a rush to choose what you are going to do with your life. Just because someone is blood related does not make them family. Likewise, just because someone is not blood related doesn't mean they are not family. I would encourage myself to listen to my inner voice & follow my dreams instead of letting “family” tell me I can't accomplish something I want to. Don't let them make your choices for you. Make decisions not just trying to do the right thing, but make sure they are right in your heart and that they are right for you. Make sure to ALWAYS read what you sign, BEFORE you sign it, as it can come back to hurt you later. Finally, I would encourage myself not sweat the small stuff because it is all in Gods hands.

I wish I'd known more students that came in with me. I know one that I participated in track with, although he is the only one I knew. I go to a small school so it's not a huge deal, but it would have been nice. It would have also been nice to know who my suite-mates were. I found out who my roommates were, and that we had a suite, but they don't tell you who your suitemates are, and since we are sharing a bathroom, it would have been nice to know.

The only kind of people who should not attend my school are those that are looking to party frequently. Yes, there are plenty of places to go in the area, and plenty of students with off-campus apartments who host parties, but the party scene is not huge on campus as it is a dry campus. Those that are looking to spend the night in their boy/girl-friends room should also not attend, as there are specific visiting hours that you have to adhere to. I think both of these are good things for the campus though.

Edie

My four years at Eastern University helped me become a better person, not just an educated one. The faculty, staff, and students at Eastern are concerned with developing the whole person into someone who is actively pursuing his/her passions through family, work, and community involvement. I was surrounded by people who pushed me to expand my horizons, not so I would agree with them, but so I would understand my perspective, my purpose, and my life to my utmost capacity. Through my college experience I didn't just gain knowledge, I became wiser. I grew in my ability to ask questions, think deeply, solve problems, counsel others, and give generously. I developed deeply-rooted friendships with people who I would be beyond proud to even call an acquaintance. I'm not just impressed with the ambitions, potential, and accomplishments of my classmates and friends; I'm amazed by their depth and character, too. I could say that Eastern provided me with the best four years of my life, but it gave me more than that. The time I spent and people there gave me the tools and courage to continually search for and create life's best experiences.

As most college students probably experience, my biggest learning curve was adjusting to being surrounded by people with completely different perspectives than my own. Eastern really encourages students to learn by listening to many opinions in the classroom and out, but I didn't realize my own voice was important until after my first year. I'd encourage anyone attending this school to not let the loud voices on campus make you feel like yours is less worth hearing. Learn from the students, professors, and staff around you, but feel free to express your thoughts, too.

It's a toss up between dealing with the financial aid office and lack of meal plan options. Eastern did all of the major stuff pretty well, but some of those smaller details were annoying every once in a while.

My college experience is one that I wouldn't trade for anything. To start, my time at Eastern prepared me for my future career and life paths. I participated in two internships which showed me that my choice of a major in social work was the right one for me. These internships paved the way for my current job working with teenagers in foster care. In addition to my internships I also studied abroad in Spain for a semester, which was not only valuable in improving my Spanish-speaking abilities, but exposed me to diverse cultural experiences and some very interesting and wonderful people (not to mention delicious food!). Another extremely valuable resource that I gleaned from my time at Eastern is a solid network of friends and professional contacts. I still keep in contact with many of my friends from Eastern and lean on them for support, guidance, and comradery. I also stay in touch with several professors with whom I had close relationships, and their guidance to me post-graduation has been invaluable. The experiences, relationships, and career preparation that I gained from Eastern are second to none.

One of the most important things I took away from my time at Eastern Universtiy was preparation for life after college. I was able to participate in internships and study abroad experiences that prepared me for my chosen career path. I also formed strong relationships with other students and with professors, which have helped me both in developing a satisfying social life and in making professional connections. I still keep in touch with several my professors and they have given me invaluable guidance about different decisions I am facing .

I wish I had known how accessible Eastern University was to Philadelphia (a 30 minute train ride or 40 minute drive), and the breadth of cultural events that I could be a part of in the city. I did not take advantage of the ease of accessibility to Philadelphia until my junior year, and I wished I had trekked into the city more when I was a freshman and sophomore.

Priscilla

I've learned a lot about resposibility. College is very different from high school in terms of self-discipline. Nobody is telling me what to apply for or learn anymore; I have to find opportunities on my own, and if I want to succeed I need to be alert and independent. My mother can't help me because she is preoccupied running the house and paying the bills, and my sister is still in high school. My father can barely pay his own bills and might have to move away permanantly and quit his job. The only person I can rely on is myself. All these dreams I have about becoming a doctor and going to USC are made more impossible by my economic situation, but I know that with enough persistance I will achieve the impossible. My mother always says, "Focus on what you want and nothing else; There cannot be focus without discipline." Santa Monica College is competative and a one hour commute from where I live- but I attend because I know my tenacity will pay off. If I have to apply to 1000 scholaships I will, because I've learned true focus.

Eastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.