Saint Davids, PA
Eastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern University

Lidia

My college experience has its ups and downs. Of course finding jobs that correspond with my degree has been difficult as is the state of the country recently. I am always grateful and value that I had the priveledge of an education, but feel college did not prepare me to deal with the expenses and obligations of a working individual's life. I blame myself for not being completely certain on a plan for my education and sort of "going with the flow" as many college kids do. Now that my aspirations of law school are over, I find myself slightly limited in the job market by having "only" a bachelors in Political Science. My most successful positions I have held have nothing to do with my degree whatsoever and I may very well have been able to obtain them without a degree. So this being said, I believe the value of college lies in working toward a goal and contributing to your future. If I had taken more time, I may have done things differently. Though my plans have changed, I do believe it is the road to begin working toward your passion and excellence in that passion.

I wish I had known that quality of education is not measured by how much a school is or what the school purports to be. I have my education and I am grateful for my degree, however, I do feel I could have obtained a comparable education at a public school that would have left me much less in debt. :-)

When I attended, the financial aid office was less than helpful. In fact, one could even say they were rude, and extremely non-caring. It is not the type of attitude we expected to encounter at an Christian university. Being a large part of a student's journey to the college, it was frustrating that they were so unwilling to help and explain, even though the office is largely the face and impression of the college to the parents and students that attend. It does not seem to matter to them and that was extremely frustrating every year I attended.

Laken

Eastern University is a small school. The people are amazing and kind. When I met the admissions counselors, they treated me like they wanted me here. Other schools treated me like a number and they just wanted me here for my money. I feel welcomed here and people accept me for who I am. The professors care about you and your education. I am learning so much about everything. My mind is being challenged and my faith is getting stronger in the process. The school also is so gorgeous. The buildings are unique and the land is beautiful.

My college experience is amazing. I like all but one of my classes and my professors are truly good people and love to teach. I have made good friends. I go to a Christian university and I am very happy with my choice. People are truly accepting me here. It is so valuable for me to go to a Christian University right now for me because I am a very fragile time in my life. I truly believe that if I wasn't here, I wouldn't have grown like I have. I have gotten so much out of what is being taught. I am not the smartest and do not always test the best but I try really hard. I am learning core issues and I can use what I am learning for a life time. If that is not valuable, I do not know what is. i have gotten more patience living in a college dorm and I have learned more about myself. If I do not know myself, I believe that that would be a hard place to be. How can you have relationships with others if you do not know oneself?

The worst thing about my school is definitely the food. It is good for a little bit and than it completely messes up your digestive system. The other really annoying thing is that Eastern fines you for everything. It is not nice. It is already an expensive school.

Chelsea

My college experience has taught me to ask deep and, sometimes dangerous, questions. Questions posed to the purpose of life and the dignity of humans and the meaning of justice. I continue to ask these questions for there is no end in the pursuit. These questions are eternal and integral to what it means to be a human. College has taught me to own the beliefs and stances that I have. They are teaching me the importance of understanding why I believe in what I believe, that it is my own decision, not that of my parents or my friends. Forming your individuality and learning how to live as an upstanding man or woman in society will allow you to benefit your community and our world through your occupation and your interactions in your neighborhood. College has been invaluable to me. I have been blessed to be surrounded my friends who accept me for who I am and to have professors who care more about my grade and are interested in my well being. I am learning to be an individual and to live in a supportive community of others who desire to pursue the good in life.

There is an emphasis on asking hard questions and pursuing the answers. Our professors never stop us from asking questions, and there are times when our entire class is based off of one question. There is a strong desire for our professors to help us learn what we believe in and why we believe it is true, not to indoctrinate us with their beliefs and pressure us to only answer with responses that fits their world views. Eastern not only wants you to excell academically, but as a good person.

There are times when professors do not know how to properly convey their knowledge, so it makes it very difficult to understand what they are trying to teach us. Either they are far to lofty in their answers, referring to processes and vocabulary that we have not learned yet, or they over-simplify the concepts and it is much like being back in high school.

Natasha

So much to do, so little time seems to be the statement all college students can identify with. I find myself thinking this quite often. I have schoolwork to do and things with the clubs I am in, and limited time. One thing I am learning with this however, is time management. I am learning how to use my time wisely to accomplish all I need to do while still choosing to make time to spend with friends. This is an important skill that will benefit me for the rest of my life. After I graduate from Eastern I will have many things to balance such as my job, paying bills, volunteering, and possibly a family. Learning time management now will affect me positively since I will probably have several tasks to complete at a certain time and a limited schedule throughout the rest of my life. Attending college has helped make learning this skill possible.

One thing I wish I had known before I came to the school is the 'personality' of the different dorms. When filling out housing information I did not have a preference for what dorm I would be placed in. I am in the newest dorm, which is nice, however some the other dorms have better community.

I love that Eastern has a heart for the oppressed and people in the community. I am invovled with a campus ministry to the homeless and I think it is really neat how we go into the city and just spend time with our homeless friends. First semester students are required to do service learning which I believe helps cultivate a heart of service and caring for others and allows us to see what other peole are going through.

Ryan

For me, the transition from high school to college was quite easy. I made new friends fairly quickly, so that was a huge factor in my transition. That would have to be my advice to myself. If I could go back in time and tell myself what would make the transition easier would be to make friends, and make good friends, quickly. Even being at a Christian school there are alot of students that are not honorable people. I would advise myself to watch out whom I befriended and hung out with. I also would tell myself to depend on God a lot more. I can definitely tell when I should have depended on God for a test, or something of that nature, because of the outcome of the test. The two things i would advise myself to do to make the transition easier would be to, make friends quickly, honorable friends, and to depend on God and what he wants for my life.

A person should attend Eastern University if they are looking for a good, faith based education. Not neccesarily to grow in their faith, but that can certainly happen. Eastern prides itself on its academic achievement and how quickly its students have found career opportunities after graduation.

The most frustrating thing about attending Eastern University is the visitation hours. On Friday and Saturday nights, visitation is until 1 AM. However any other day is until 10:30 PM, except for Wednesdays, there is no visitation on Wednesdays. It is frustrating because we are adults, and it feels like we are being told what to do and it seems like the University doesn't trust the students aren't going to regretable things late at night.

Melissa

Eastern Univ. is a great school for people looking to expand their spiritual side. While here I visited a mosque, read the Koran and learned about religion from many different angles. It is a Chirstian based school, however anybody can attend. There is also little competion between students, not cutthoat in anyway. The students are nice, helpful and friendly. The professors are the best and are always available and willing to help. The school a lot of financial aid. The music here is great. Homecoming week is fun. There are opportunities do missionary work abroad and at home.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was still in high school I would tell myself that college is BIG. It is a big deal, a big opportunity and a big adventure. It is something you do not want to miss. I would give myself a real heart to heart about how if I did not go to college my life would be missing something special. College is first and foremost a big adventure, usually reserved for young adults, that gives you an opportunity to do and say things you may never get the chance to do and say again. College is also a big deal. While you?re in high school teachers and parents give you lots of redoes, colleges do not. When you?re a freshman every college might still accept, but by the time you are a junior many of those schools have already closed their doors. So do yourself a favor and study now to keep your grades up. Lastly college is a big opportunity that not everyone gets. A college degree can adds thousands of dollars to your potential income and can make you a better educated person.

The students at Eastern University are the best.

Tamara

Its Christian foundation. There is also a fantastic adult learning program in many areas.

If I could return as a high school senior, I would have given myself more opportunities to learn my strengths and weaknesses and tested more limits, in a good way. I did everything by the book in high school and it was difficult for me in my first year of high school to just socialize along with all of the other pressures of going away to school. I also would have inquired about community colleges to feel confident with the responsibilities of college before going away to school. Telling myself to go outside of my comfort zone to challenge myself in areas I was not strong in would have helped me to build a part of my character that would have helped me better deal with the stress.

A person looking for a small school environment yet has large school opportunities ( ie sports, christian activities, volunteer and mission opportunities)

AAron

I reallly only considered EAstern because they had an excellent music department and was a good Christian school. Most of my friends who had attended there loved it.

Hey Aaron, You have no idea what God is about to do in your life. Right now you are planning to go to Deltech part time and that's okay. But it will take you longer to complete a 4 year college that way. Do you really want to still be in college at age 24? You will be able to learn so much music and have so many contacts at EAstern because it's near Philidelphia. I know you think taking a year off is the best way. But just consider how much fun it is to live on campus. Also, you will mess up 2 classes at Deltech due to procrastination and lack of effort. Those low grades are hard to change. Remember to seek God for every decision, no matter how small. He will be more faithful than you imagined. You are a gifted musician and God will use you at Eastern. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.

How to organize my time better. How much walking I'd be doing. How to buy books used online. The SAT really isnt as important as everyone seems to think. Don't put things off until the last minute.

Bethany

My school is an academic place full of great people and new experiences to help you acheive your future goals.

Eastern University is a Christian school, but it is interesting because it does not force you to agree with Christianity. It is a very open minded school and students with all sorts of backgrounds attend the school. The professors at Eastern realize that not all the students are Christian and they do not try to shove religion down anyone's throat. The professors at Eastern ar great. It is easy to develope relationships with them, which is useful in the future. The location of the school is wonderful. The campus is beautiful and it is only 20 minutes from Philadelphia.

If I were to go back to high school I would advise myself to balance my schedule. Set aside time for fun and studying. That can be difficult in college because you are surrounded by people your own age 24/7, but both are imperative. I would also tell myself not to worry. In high school all I did was worry about class difficulty, finances, and starting all over at a new place. I would tell myself to relax and that it would all be fine. Classes are about as difficult as AP classes in high school. As for the finances, I would say that it will all work out in the end. There's no use worrying about loans that have to paid in four years. Just get settled in and worry about money later. I was really worried about making friends and fitting in, but in college everyone finds somewhere to belong and it's nothing to worry about. Lastly, I would say school is a place to start over, you can be anyone you want to be, just make sure you are true to yourself and don't take the next four years for granted.

Joshua

I would tell myself that it all matters everything that you do in high school will reflect on you even extracurricular activities so be sure to put all of your heart and soul in everything you do. For those who spite you forget and ignore them they are ignorance wrapped up in skin there is no one but God and yourself in this world and it is yours for the taking and also don't be afraid to speak out against those who sckold you because of the way you look including your parents but keep this in mind your time to shine starts now but don't let impair what you're in school after. Be who you are because that is all you can be but you are amazing and you will become a light in this dark world. Forget procrastination, remember proclamation what you want to be an Astronaut for the United States of America.

A student that is ready to devote his life to studying hard for their future. It is a private schoool and you need to be sure that you're financially cleared believe me I'm talking through experience. But if your looking for a tranquil and peaceful place where there are good people Eastern University is an option for you.

Financial enrollment would possibly be the most frustating part about Eastern and also finding the halls in which to take your classes but it all sorts itself out as long as you know how to ask people such as the dean, teacherfs, other students, and even cafeteria workers.

Eastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.