Saint Davids, PA
Eastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern University

Allyssa

Most of my classmates are understanding and fun people to learn with and also be with outside of class. Many of them are interested in my personal life and are not only my classmates, but my very close friends.

I would advise myself to attend a Community College or other local, two-year institution before attending a four-year university/college. This would have given me a chance to transition into the university scene and to know which direction I wanted to take my life. On a more personal level, I would have advised myself to just be me. I would give the same advise to anyone entering college or making the transition to be themselves and accept the person who they have become. When someone tries to change their personality or their values for other people, it creates a false sense of security, which ultimately begins to crumble once the person continues to grow. I would encourage everyone to become more comfortable with themselves and who they are so that when they start college it would continue adding positive chapters to their personal book of life.

Someone who is looking to party a lot and drink every weekend. Also, someone who has problems with authority and following rules.

Faith, Reason, and Justice is the motto of Eastern University and is also what many of the students at Eastern are concerned about.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself that I should try real hard to get a job to help pay for college. Saving money for college is really important so that you can secure your education for your future. I would also tell myself to stay true to myself in college and to get involved in many different activities as well as making tons of friends. Do not be afraid to try new things and meet new people.

A person that is very conservative or who only wants to go to school for the parties should not attend Eastern University.

The advice I would give myself is to never settle for less than your best. Be who God made you to be and never pretend to be anything less that your best. Be open to new opportunities and people. Work hard, have fun and make the best of every situation, whether good or bad. Be honest, be a good friend, be willing to help anyone, no matter the situation. Study hard and work to the best of my ability and always strive to do better. Make plenty of friends and keep them close. Never forget where I have come from and what I have learned.

Some who is focused on their long term goal, a career, and putting education first.

The person who should not attend this school is someone who wants to party all the time. Someone who is not open to all ethnic, social and religious groups. Someone who does not want to focus first and foremost on education and then socializing second.

Anthony

My school is very old fasion and traditional .

My school is very old fasion and traditional .

I would tell meself to save up some money, study more, and last but not least fill out my fasfa form online and ontime.

The most frustrating thing about Eastern University is the financial aid system/building. The financial aid building has 6 or 7 different departments in that one building and that can be very confusing to someone because when your in a program such as myself you there are only a few advisors that can answer your questions.

Now that I've been out of high school for almost three years, I've gained some wisdom about college life that I wish I would've known when I first entered my university as a freshman. First, I would encourage myself to join a few clubs/organizations right away. It took me a few semesters to become involved in groups with purposes I care about (such as the environmental group, gender equality group, and an underground student news publication). In these groups, I've made deep friendships and expanded my views of important issues in the world. Also, I would remind myself that it's not embarassingto utilize the academic support center on campus. At first, I felt like tutoring/writing services were only for those with learning disabilities. Now, I realize that almost any student who seeks to better understand a subject or improve their writing can benefit from the university's services. Finally, I would tell myself to get off campus more often: learn to use public transit and experience cultural activities in the city. I think those activities would have enhanced my education and helped me develop my independence and creativity.

Austin

Eastern University is a small, private Christian school in an affluent suburban area outside Philadelphia that focuses on social justice.

Eastern University is perhaps best known for its professor emeritus Tony Campolo, a prominent Christian figure, who gives the university a liberal reputation.

The transition from high school to college was by no means perfect for me. But as a college sophomore, acquiring the ability to reach back two years in time to aid my 18-year-old self through my the transition would be frightening. Undoubtedly, there are things that I could have done differently to make the transition less demanding and more straightforward, such as avoiding specific classes, applying for certain university programs, and avoiding certain company. But with a lack of a process of trial and error comes a vacuum where wisdom and experience should otherwise be found. I value the learning process that I went through to arrive where I am today - a more knowledgeable, understanding, sophisticated and mature person. And I'm still experiencing the same process as I press on through my remaining years as an undergraduate student, and ultimately as I advance through the rest of my life. Because of this insight, I would be truly fearful of how I would go about assisting my past self through the transition, as any one learned experience gained is infinitely more valuable than facing an easy process.

Olivia

If I had the chance to go back, I would advise that I go into college with a fresh start.

A person who is open to learning and ready for new, challenging experiences.

As a commuter, it is often hard to get to know other students the way that residents do. It seems they have stronger bonds.

Isaac

I would tell myself to stop thinking about accepting other schools, Eastern was the right choice.

Very theologically based. If you wish to explore your thoughts about there being a higher power and discuss it with others Eastern is very encouraging on that. The community is also very nice, because it's so small everyone kind of knows one another.

If you don't care about God very much, or religion you should not attend Eastern, though it is accepting, it does not promote any other religion besides for Christianity or theistic religions. Also if someone does not read very much, and doesn't want to read very much they should not come to Eastern, the course load for a regular class is mostly just reading and discussing.

Kathryn

My classmates are growing individuals who have a zest for life and for learning, who are broadening their horizons and enjoying each other along the way.

Eastern is best known for its campus. It has a rich history, full of donations and charity that built the school. It is beautiful. We are also very well known for famous people who have attended or who are affiliated or who teach at Eastern University.

The most important thing to consider when selecting a school is how the school will help you grow. It is important to balance a school that can help you specialize in your field as well as cultivates an environment that encourages personal character development and maturity. The balance in a school is important. If there is too much emphasis on academics, then the students burn out and get depressed. If these is too much emphasis on social life, then the money is wasted on a drinking degree. The most important things can be summarized in this: imagine who you want to be at your most successful time in your life, and now consider what it would take to get there, who you would want to be there with you, and what would challenge that future you. These are the things that should be there for you in the school you choose. Broaden your horizons, challenge yourself, and do it with special friends cheering you on.

Chrishaw

My university is best known for the fact it's a christian schoool

My university is best known for the fact it's a christian schoool

Just basically go for a college that best fit your learning type. A college almost like the high school you graduated from.

Eastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.