Eastern University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern University

Lana

Eastern University's stated aims are "faith, reason, and justice:" they want their students to be religiously (or, if irreligious, ethically) centered, to think well, and to act for justice. For this reason, as Christian colleges go, Eastern has a reputation as something of a 'social justice school,' which from my experience is pretty warranted as far as the overall student and faculty culture, though not so much with regard to school administration. As a fairly small school with small class sizes, students in every major are typically quite close to their professors; sports are a big deal.

Adedolapo

Eastern university is a Christian school and I live that they imbibe an holistic approach in our learning process. As a Nursing student, they teach us to care for each patient we encounter in a therapeutic way, I love every experience am getting from the nursing department so far. Coming here would be a good decision.

My first days at Eastern were exactly what I had expected. It is a Christian University and most of the people I have encountered during my first year are believers in Christ. However, I knew there would be some students who were not and I was okay with that. I simply wanted to get a good education and be surrounded by people who have the same beliefs as me. Further, Eastern is more beautiful than I had expected it to be. Everywhere you go, you are surrounded by lakes, trees, flowers, and nature; it is mesmerizing. Also, I like that Eastern is a small school. You get to form close relationships with your teachers and I found that I learn much better in a small-classroom atmosphere. My first year at Eastern was absolutely incredible and I cannot wait to come back for my sophomore year!

Andrew

I think very highly of this school which is why I chose to attend here in the fall. The students I have met are very friendly and fun. I did stay over for a weekend and I enjoyed my self. There are a lot of clubs to join in and you have the ability to start any new clubs that are not available.

simone

Eastern has a very beautiful campus. It is a very small school so its easier to meet people. Students are able to learn here while also becoming strong within their faith with God. Teachers here do a good Job at incorporating Christian values into their curriculum.

Zoe

Eastern is a wonderful University. It's open, and loving environment really makes you feel like part of the Eastern family right away. It's astounding faculty and professors make every students academic success feel like a top priority. It's campus is not only stunning but it's small size allows students to really get involved with clubs, and events that are going on around campus. Also, its Christian roots, and environment is very prevalent but at the same time it is not overbearing. For example, campus functions like chapel are not mandatory. Lastly, Eastern is definitely not a party school. So, I encourage anyone who is looking for a wild college experience to consider other options if possible because Eastern is not that kind of place, which actually was one of the reasons I chose to attend there.

ATIYA

I Love the mission statement Eastern University have to try to make the world a better place and the will to bring people in this world back towords the path of our Lord and Eastern University has an atmosphere of happiness, pride and respect for one another on school campus.

Eastern is an excellent school for the average Christian college student. We are a small school, filled with passionate people who are ready to take on the world and make a difference. Eastern University is a very liberal Christian school, however seen often as a conservative secular school. You have to find your pocket of people.

Orlando

The school is overpriced and offers no grants and scholarships to minority or low income students. I needed to complete some courses for my Pennsylvania physical education certificate and I already had an undergrad in kinesiology, but Eastern had me take 12 classes to complete the certificate. Each class cost $2,000 and the university said they don't have any scholarships for students.

Tara

Over my first year at Eastern it became home. There are so many awesome people I have found and so many opportunities to grow in your faith. Almost all of my professors genuinely cared about me and my education. I have learned so much this past year, not only about academics, from philosophy to theology to science to psychology, but also about myself. Eastern has helped me and is helping me to grow into being myself.

James

Eastern University has a great community feeling. The professors are not only well educated, but are also interested in you as a person and as a student. I have also found that the students are rather tight knit. There are not many times when you are not hanging out or studying with friends.

Robert

Eastern University is a great school! There are some weird rules that are strict (like visitation) but they are not hard to get around. Eastern has a little bit of something for everyone. Whether you want to focus on school, play a sport, or just have fun in the Philly area, Eastern has a little bit of something for everyone!

This school's online education program is a JOKE. Professors assign work and never teach you anything. Teach yourself statistics! That was fun. In all the classes that I have had, only ONE professor has had online lectures. All others are learn it yourself by reading the book. Classwork is filled with nonstop busy work and online discussion postings. Unreasonable expectations. You are just paying to get a degree (and significantly overpaying for it!). Don't expect to learn anything.

Brooke

I have a complete respect and love for the university that is Eastern University. Everything that is beautiful that I see online is exactly and more beautiful in person. There are completely more positives that outweigh the negatives. So nice, beautiful, and in the perfect spot.

Anais

I love Eastern University. I recommend students to attend this college for a fulfillment in their education. It is welcoming and filled with God loving people. You will experience a new life and you can also share your faith and testimony to those around you.

Lawanda

I love Eastern University. I received my Bachelors of Organizational Leadership in 2010, and went back in 2014 to obtain my MBA. I loved the cohort model, it felt very comfortable going back to school even though I worked full time and have 2 childern.

Samuel

Eastern University is a great place to get a fairly decent education. I enjoy the conversations I have with classmates and particularly love how easy Professors are. It is a small college located in a pretty great neighborhood too. Definitely look into it.

Faith

Eastern University has a beautiful campus . So far my first semester attending this college has been quite an adventure . I met some really amazing friends who make my residential and social life very fun and full of excitement. There are some good and bad professors but I'm sure it's like that at any college so I won't complain..Yet . I love this school because it has opened up my eyes and helped me come out of my comfort zone . Hopefully the next 4 years at this school will be one I won't forget.

Amy

I have been at Eastern for 2 academic years heading to my 3rd and I love it. The environment that eastern has with student me and professors is awesome and everyone is so kind. The food at eastern is what needs to be fixed it could be better! Overall, Eastern is a great school with amazing programs and great community.

Shani

I love Eastern, the location is amazing and its just such a beautiful campus all around. If you're looking for a more family style college eastern is your choice. Everyone on campus knows everyone and you won't catch anyone not smiling or saying hello.

vivian

Eastern University is a great school with a great learning environment. Eastern has been a home for me for the past four years learning about faith reason and justice and how to apply those morals to my course of study. Eastern University is not only a school it is also a family that cares for its students and are there to guide us all the way till the end, pick us up when we fall, guide us straight to becoming better individuals and people to our society. I love being apart of this wonderful family as i have been guided and am able to be an example to my three daughters.

Largo

While I loved almost every moment of my time at Eastern, I did feel there was much that could have been done on the end of administration in order to better facilitate education and student life on campus. During the week, education was of course the main goal, and my professors in both of my majors were absolutely fantastic. Readily available for academic assistance, they also were aware of the tolls college can take on someone mentally, and would check in with their students to make sure they were doing good. However, on the weekends it often seemed like there was nothing to do, and most of this was due to administration making cuts in budget for nonacademic activities. Where once there were jazz concerts and poetry readings, at the end of my senior year it seemed like most people simply went home for the weekend. I would have loved to see my school grow, both inside academia and outside.

Cordell

I would rate this campus 5 stars. I really love it here at Eastern University. From the day I got here, the majority of students have been genuinely nice. I also love how the campus looks. Another thing that is great about this college is that I can express my Christian faith without having to be persecuted. There are so many opportunities, such as Wednesday night worship, to engage in spiritual events and activities. Additionally, Eastern has a variety of clubs and events. Finally, the academics here challenges students and it teaches students. I feel like this is the college that fits best for me.