Eastern Washington University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern Washington University

Christina

Wow, I thought the media was wrong, NOPE. Hateful Communist dribble from all! They are awful! Never thought I would wish to live in hell... but then I went to EWU. My wife and I both have two different types of degrees from this university. Don't get me wrong, if you're just some lazy ass dip-shit who loves to dwell on the inner victim, you will do well here... If you want to learn, keep moving on... this place sucks! I am dumb.... Never even had to try and got all A's while in a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering...

I've only been at school for a year now but so far I am quite happy with EWU. I have stayed in the dorms and will be staying in the on campus apartments shortly and both are quite nice. The campus is small enough that you can walk everywhere, which is nice and professors or other staff such as tutors are almost always available.

Clio

I absolutely love eastern Washington university. I recommend it to all of my friends that are still in high school and I tell them all about how much fun it can be. I encourage Greek Life because it's my favorite part about my school. I absolutely love it here and I couldn't imagine going to another school.

Taena

I loved it. It's in a nice small town. I always feel safe in Cheney and the campus is beautiful. They have a great teaching program that I have heard so many greats feedbacks of. I highly recommend​ living in the dorms because the rooms are a good size and the facilities are always clean.

Sheyanne

I love Eastern, I went to this fine establishment about two years ago for my first year of college and found it to be everything I ever wanted within a college and more. Sure my roommate made my dorm life a little hard but everyone was so nice and receiving that I would recommend everyone to go there if they could.

Ashlee

I really enjoy attending Eastern, I went to a community college before coming to Eastern and didn't realize how much I had been missing out on! There are fun events that Eagle Entertainment puts on all year long, great extracurriculars, and an awesome greek system!

Cecilia

Eastern Washington University is a quaint, picturesque small town that gives back to its students. While not the biggest or most well known university, EWU has a big personality and as Eastern Eagles we promote tolerance and unity within our community. In town, there are a multitude of local Mom and Pop shops catering to anything from food, music, and bars, to sewing and crafts. While the atmosphere here is generally laid-back, our hype grows to monumental heights on game-day. Eastern Eagles soar over the competition.

Aleyna

I made my first visit to EWU on a class field trip in 8th grade. I fell in love with the tight-knit community and easily-navigated campus. 4 years later, this beautiful campus is the place I'm proud to call home. I love the freedom of being able to jump on the freeway and come home for the weekend if I need to. Campus living is very enjoyable, Signing up for housing is as easy as making a dating profile and searching for potential roommates. I get to live in snyamncut this year. In snyamncut, you get free laundry (if you sign up early enough) and can enjoy a full kitchen on each floor. In the fall, Eastern lives for football. Roos Field, is one of the very few colleges who has colored turf. The students, staff, and professors have an overall welcoming attitude and will make you experience as an Eagle one to remember. GO EAGS!

Kyla Marie

Cheney, WA is the typical college town. Wherever you go, you could expect to see students of Eastern Washington University hanging around. Attending EWU is like going to a larger high school, there's still the same cliques but with a twist. Almost everyone associates with each other, you'll never walk through campus without seeing a group walking together or forming a circle with one another. It's not hard to make friends on campus, as long as you put yourself out there!

Morgan

Eastern Washington University is a great school for everyone. The community is very diverse and accepting of all different people and lifestyles. The campus itself is beautiful, and it is very near the city of Spokane where you can find anything you need. Along with the Cheney campus, there is a campus in Spokane nearly doubling your housing options. The campus is not too big or too small with the perfect amount of students attending, and an easy walk from class to class. Academically, Eastern is a great option for many different fields of study, and it offers many extracurricular activities for all areas of interest. We may not have the best sports teams, but we are certainly not bad, and it is always fun to go support. The faculty are all extremely helpful and push for the success of their students. Overall, there is nothing to complain about when it comes to Eastern. It is a great school filled with even better people and staff.

Mishel

Online programs are well-built and very manageable. Fully online so I don't have to attend the university or move to Eastern Washington. Professors are kind and easy to reach. If doing online, you don't meet people but you don't have to move. Would recommend.

Aimie

Eastern Washington has been a great school for me so far. Professors are helpful, there are a lot of extra curricular here, and I have met some of my best friends ever. I love EWU, GO EAGS! I am majoring in finance here, and my counselor has helped me through the process so much. He has guided me through which classes to sign up for, and which ones will help with my overall goal of going to law school.

sarah

I absolutely love Eastern Washington University! It is so affordable compared to other schools. It is so friendly; the staff and the students. I have needed help a multitude of times and there has always been a friendly person to assist me. The professors are very approachable and very helpful. The education is wonderful. I came from a very rural town and I have learned so much. I am so happy I chose Eastern Washington University. There is not one thing I would want to change.

Tessa

I initially applied to Eastern Washington University with the intention of working towards a Master's in occupational therapy as they are one of three schools in the state with a five year OT program. However, when I decided to change my major, it was no longer the best school for my purposes. All in all, it is a very nice school and I greatly enjoyed my time there but since the PUB has been closed for renovations, one of the main eating facilities has been shut down. Since living on campus is required for first-year students and students must have a meal plan when they live in the dorms, this is incredibly inconvenient. However, the students and professors are incredibly kind as most people on the eastern side of Washington are and I would recommend this school to anybody looking to become an occupational or physical therapist.

Alexis

Overall Eastern Washington is a pretty great school. I'd suggest having a car, because everything is in Spokane. Other than that Eastern is great. There is always something going on and gives the real college experience. Tons of parties and Late night activities like laser tag, paint ball and much more. It's active!

Alexis

At Eastern I've found we have very popular foreign exchange student programs that bring many students from different countries into Eastern, making it feel as if we are an institution of diversity. Though there are still disagreements as to who we are targeting to advertise to, I feel as though Eastern opens its arms wide open to those seeking an education, indiscriminately.

Charles

Be warned: unlike the explicit Code of Conduct that is in place for students, the university doesn't have a Code of Conduct/Ethics for faculty/staff. What this means is that you can have the negative experience I had and there won't be a thing you can do about it. Instructors can refuse equal access to students with disabilities, they can belittle you in front of the entire class, and not be held accountable. Since the incident a year ago, I have been trying to get the problem instructor I had held accountable for his actions, but to no avail. Neither the ADA office nor the university Administration will punish this guy, yet I was punished for being outspoken about it. Unfortunately, the negative experience I had has overshadowed the positive ones. Still though, I have had some great instructors teach some very interesting classes.

Rachael

At Eastern Washington University (EWU) I really enjoy how small the class sizes are. It allows for the teacher to know each student better. In large class sizes, there is rarely a connection between the teacher and student. Within my majors, the instructors are all very knowledgeable and have a desire for the students to understand and succeed.

Cole

I love Eastern Washington University. It is the perfect school for me in terms of size, academics, athletics, and facility enhancement. The faculty are super friendly and helpful. I really have enjoyed all my professors teaching styles, and have learned much from my courses.

Tobias

If you live anywhere near Cheney or Spokane and you are a running start Student. This is the school to go to. They put a lot of effort into making you feel as comfortable as possible. The Campus overall is very student centered and you can find about any type of person on campus

Heather

Eastern Washington University's Cheney campus is a stunning place that everyone is allowed and encouraged to be themselves. No one is left feeling like they have to hide their true selves or change who they are to fit in. There are places and groups all throughout campus that promote the likes of a plethora of different topics ranging from sports to gaming. Alongside inclusion, Eastern offers a great variety of classes with professors who enjoy seeing their students succeed; students aren't left to fail, they are always helped by their professors and even tutors who are readily available. Overall, Eastern is a wonderful place of inclusion with people striving to succeed to reach their goals; there is a place for everyone here at the beautiful Eastern Washington University Cheney campus.

John

Eastern Washington University is absolutely amazing. There are plenty of campus officers who do their best to make sure nothing gets out of hand. And while they don't get everything, I know that's an impossible feat. I feel incredibly safe moving around campus, the layout is great, classes are relatively small, and the programs are really diverse. There's nothing that I can truthfully say against EWU. I love it so much.

Sunny Rae

Eastern Washington University is a diverse population of students that come together in classroom collaboration. Sports and education bring student engagement to a whole new level, as students strive for success. Everyday is a great day to be an eagle. Go Eags!

Yessica

My overall opinion its that Eastern Washington University is a safe place when you go to Cheney it feels like a taste of home. Everyone at eastern is nice and there are many resources that they can help you to be successful at college. When we have home games the whole stadium its full of people who represent the colors of the eagles. Many family members come to cheer to their kids that they are proud to be an eagle. Some classrooms are full of two hundred or more students in one classroom. At the beginning of the year on the first day of class, it feels weird because you don’t know anyone but then you start to make new friends. People get involved in many activities that you can get involved in such as sports, clubs and community service to now new people. Also, they have a diversity of different languages that attends to eastern Washington University and religious. I know that college is expensive but theirs many ways you can afford paying for college and that would be working in-out campus, scholarships and do loans.

I have FINALLY escaped the circle of 5ths! Make no mistakes, I love music - adore it- however my undergraduate institution not only had me living in the circle of 5ths, it has me living in a circle of debt-with-no opportunities almost 10 years later. Eastern Washington University however has shown me there's life outside of the circle; there are opportunities (to learn, grow, and help others learn and grow) and support. There are also opportunities for non-traditional students, like myself. Instead of looping in a circle, I am now charging full steam ahead - all thanks to EWU!

It's a good university for those seeking for a teaching degree, pre-medical, pre-dental, or athletic training degrees. On the smaller side as campus sizes go, but it makes for good community. Definitely a step up from community college but not so big that it's like your typical major university with nothing but lecture halls and strangers. It is in the middle of Cheney which is a tiny town outside of Spokane. There is not a lot to do within twenty minutes of campus. Overall good school for your average degree seeker.

I was a transfer student from Kelso High School where I also did running start. I love it here at Eastern. I am extremely happy that I decided on this school. I've made many friends and the campus is easily accessible to navigate. I would definitely recommend this to others!

Bethany

I LOVE EWU. Aside from the amazing achademic programs and diversity and acceptance among the students and faculty, the Cheney community is so welcoming and supportive as well. Both the campus and community offer consistent activities for students to partake in to become familiar with the area, which for me has been a relief. It has also been a comfort to have a police force designated to the campus that is always available and ready to help students. I am so glad I chose Eastern to peruse my college education.

Spencer

Picture John Smith. He is a white, straight, 5'9" man from Ohio, and lives in a mid-sized town called Springfield. It is not a bad town, but neither is it an extravaganza. The same goes for John, with his 9-5 office job where he talks to Barbara by the water fountain about the recent football game. Now imagine this painfully okay and normal man in school form. That is Eastern Washington University. We aren't good at much, but we aren't bad at much either. Sure, our football team is good, and computer science program isn't too shabby, but I'm not sure what else we have going on for ourselves. The campus food is dreadfully decent, and you can almost feel your life be sucked out of you in the medium-sized classrooms by the underpaid professors who give off the vibe that they feel the exact same way we do. Welcome to Eastern Washington University. Welcome to normality.

Juanita

Eastern Washington University is a wonderful, comfortable school in a Washington flatland that is high in school spirit and emphasizes academics. The community is tight knit, encouraging, and fun. There's a lot of opportunities for activity and academic help, and a great support system for both transfer students and international students looking to ease into the atmosphere. Overall, I feel comfortable and excited to attend, seeing how upbeat and welcoming the people are, and the campus!

Overall, I would say that Eastern Washington is the best college option for me. I love the academics and class sizes, but I wish the college was in Spokane, not Cheney. The pub is currently under construction, and the smell of tar is not all that great, but I am glad that they have taken the time to improve the building.

Macy

I love EWU! At first it was not even an option, I didn't want a small college town. But once I visited, I saw that the campus is beautiful, the facilities are amazing, and teachers are friendly and involved. I came and discovered the entire town is here for our success, which makes you feel safe and valued. They have reputable academics, many ways to be involved outside of class. The whole campus bands together for game day to cheer on our Eags. I haven't much to say about the party scene, I know there's some activity, but I can say alternately we have a strong Christian Ministry base! I wouldn't want to spend the next 3 years anywhere else!

Dylan

EWU was a great school to attend! The other students on campus were friendly, and the campus had a great small school feel. Professors were always available and wiling to help, I am incredibly please with the degree I earned from Eastern! Only complaint is the expensive dorms, but what school isn't expensive?

Haley

Overall I am quite impressed with EWU. The educational quality is fantastic, there’s a ton of services offered to help students succeed, and even though it is located in a small town, there’s plenty to do. Commuting from the bigger city is easy via the public transit system as well.

Grasiela

I will be attending EWU in the fall, I have been on the campus and have had the full college experience plenty of times. I love Eastern! Since the first time I set foot on that campus I felt right at home. One of so many things I adore from Eastern is that they have a club for everything, whatever culture you are, you will for sure find something for you!

shawna

I love the place and I can't wait to go to Eastern Washington University. It seems like a really neat place to go to school. the price is also pretty cheep for what it is. one of the cheapest in the state of Washington. the people on campus are also really nice and caring. plus I feel really safe on campus. they have their own police on campus that at night can give you a ride home if you don't feel safe.

Polly

I enjoyed it the people were very friendly, some people I did not feel comfortable with but that was only a few people. The campus is huge and the buildings are very nice. I went to the gym area and enjoyed looking at all the equipment. Also the dorms were very clean and I am very excited to join the eagles family.

Allyson

Eastern Washington University is an excellent choice for those who are either poor or want a mediocre academic environment. The setting is similar to taking a stroll downtown and seems as though the buildings should be painted in graffiti. With ordinary food choices and non-intellectual classmates, EWU makes high school look effortless.

Abigail

Eastern Washington University is a fantastic college and I really enjoy it here. Its small enough that it feels comfortable but there's always plenty to do. Teachers are great and want the best for their students. I do think the food services could improve some, if I had to choose an area. They get my order wrong on occasion. However, I love my college and am glad I chose it.

Noemi

Eastern Washington University is a incredible school. Not only has it shown me the definition of diversity, it is the place I feel most comfortable and liberating at. As a minority I feel welcomed and in place. There are activities on a daily basis, the professors are great and always willing to be of help. The campus and location are amazing, as well as the food.

Elisabeth

Eastern Washington University looks like a great place to attend. It is affordable, has smaller class sizes then other universities, and has a strong university community.

Josiah

Eastern is a great school for a really good price. Tuition and cost of living is pretty low which means you can get a good education with a vibrant student body without going into enormous student debt. It's not a bad place for the sports scene either if you're into that and has plenty of art and culture.

Kierstyn

Eastern is the perfect space for those learning what it's like to be in college. Theres a big city just a few minutes away so there's plenty to do, but there isn't too much noise or traffic and still keeps that college town feel. There are constant opportunities to experience new things and the staff, students, and faculty truly do care.

Devin

I enjoy it as a whole but there are certain aspects about it that make me dislike the university. Greek life here is pretty darn cool and fun and relatively has a good repuation on campus, the shops nearby are meh, but the on campus housing sucks and is not the best for me.

Jonathan

I have been accepted to EWU and am working on finalizing details to attend fall quarter 2018. I have visited the campus and am very excited to be a full-time student. I toured a residence hall and multiple buildings on campus. I was impressed by how clean it was and how many things there are to do at Eastern.

Alycia

It's a gorgeous campus, especially in the fall and spring. It has decent food, coffee shops everywhere, and its size is a good balance between open and spread out, and small and cozy. The people there are very friendly and diverse, the professors are good and accessible either via email or office hours. There are many good places to study on campus, whether you want the quiet library, bustling coffee shop, or just sit outside and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere while you read.

Holly

It's a good school and really competitive, depending on your major. It's safe, but for right now, at least until 2020, our dining options have decreased drastically. Otherwise, I love it here! The residential housing isn't the greatest. It fulfills the basics, but there are a few buildings that are old and not the best. Almost every professor I've met has been extremely understanding and make themselves available almost all the time, through office hours or email. The students are very welcoming as well, and there's always some organization doing something!

Lesley

When I first visited Eastern I honestly didn't think I would like it as much as I did. The group leaders on the Embrace Your Diversity made my visit very welcoming and help me decide on why I wanted to go. The whole environment and location of Eastern was very much in my favor but also the people.

Halli

It is a great school with an even better social environment. There are clubs for everyone, and you are always surrounded by people who just want to make you happy! The teachers might have limited office hours, but will be more than willing to schedule an appointment to do nothing but help you. I would 10 out of 10 attending this amazing school! Not to mention it has a beautiful campus full of opportunities waiting to be taken.

Marissa

Eastern Washington University is the perfect college for students who want a small and close community, but also want to meet plenty of other people. The campus is beautiful and well taken care of, and there is always access to campus police for security. It is a very enjoyable college to attend.