Eastfield College Top Questions

adela

Do and be the best in everything! everything little decision you make then will affect you future!

Dear High School Senior, Take your studies seriously and utilize every resource available to succeed later in life. Find every scholarship applicable, apply to every desired college, and stop worrying about your social life right now! Your future is in YOUR hands, and you are personally responsible for it, fretting about anything other than that is a waste of time. You are so valuable and you have so much potential. But just like in physics, potential energy is only relevant when it is put into motion (kinetic energy). Show everyone, including yourself, just what you are capable of! In case you are confused, you are capable of anything you set your mind to. Be sure to not let that one person tell you that becoming a doctor will be too difficult for you. Your passion will carry you through all hardships. Do what is best for you! Love, Your Future Working-To-Be-A-Doctor Self

Racheal

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to NOT be afraid of college. I would tell her that she does not need to stay home and attend the Community College and that she needs to experience college the way it is meant to be experienced. I would tell that shy high school senior to open her eyes because there is a whole world out there just waiting to be explored. I would tell her not to take all the time in the world to figure out your major because before she knows it she will be 24 and just figuring it out. I would tell her that her future self regrets not going off to a university and not experiencing being in a sorority, going to college parties, what life is like living in a dorm with a roommate you have never met before or what it is like living away from your parents. The main thing I would want my past self to know is it is okay to be scared but it is also okay to take chances on life because you only live once!

sarah

If I could go back I think I would tell myself of the importance of taking AP classes and that I should take a science class my senior year also getting more information of learning how to properly write a research paper. Sure your senior year is suppose to be fun but taking classes that will challenge your mind and help you better prepare for college.

If i could go back, I would tell myself to gear down and work harder. There are alot of smart people out there and unless I try as hard as I can and give everything I have I will not shine past many, which means I will most likely not recieve a scholarship. I would tell myself to join sports teams. I would tell myself to join clubs and teams. I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships now and to start working on essays and what I would say to different schools. I would tell myself to do some deep down thinking and decide what I want my major to be before I try and jump into something only to figure out I dont like it. Most of all I would tell myself, Never quit, Never ever quit.

jocelin

I would say to take high school seriously, join more school clubs, and to make the best of it. I wouyld try to raise my gpa and get more credits. Also to remember everything every teacher did for us because they actually helped us get trained for college when we thought they where just being mean or unfair.

That i should have done better my freshman and sophomore year, and it would have helped me out alot more

In spite of how worn out you may feel, it does not hold a candle to your future as a busy nurse, mom, and student. Research educational options both financially and various schools. Take the oppertunities available to you now! There will never be a better time to pursue the education you deserve. Life only becomes progressively more complicated. There will be plenty of time for the wife and kids part of life. Be careful about jumping into those decisions which you become committed for life. You have a beautiful future with fabulous children, but the education I am seeking at twenty seven would have been a much shorter process if I had made a couple of minor adjustments. It would have been great to have been a little better prepared, but you need not spend any precious time or energy on regrets. Everything has a time and a season. (Graduating highschool and nursing school at the age of eighteen gives you the advantage. Make use of it!)

As a high school senior, I was immature and continuing education was not an important priority. I failed to excel and participate in high school which left me mentally unprepared for college life. As I struggled with a lack of motivation from family and friends, as well as my parents putting me into financial debt, becoming engaged in college was extremely difficult. Now knowing the importance and rewards of a college education, I would advise myself that the work you put into high school lays the ground work for your future. I would recognize the importance of my GPA and SAT scores as well as class rank with a sense of urgency. Realizing my family was not blessed financially; hard work during my high school years could possibly change my educational situation and help build the path to a better life.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely encourage myself to try harder in math class and of course to try to obtain scholarships and go straight into a university. Math has never been a strong point for me, and even though I was taking advance classes in high school I took the option of not taking a calculus class my senior year. Since I was without a math class for a year, I forgot a lot of information and had to take developmental classes in college. Although my experience at Eastfield College has been great, I really wish I would have gone directly into a university. Hearing everyone talk about their different experiences away at school completely outshines mine. There are so many more activities and classes at a university than at my school; I would love to take advatange of having so many programs at my disposal.

I would have kicked my self in the butt and told myself to get on the college information train, so to speak. I was very unprepared when it came to looking at colleges and asking questions. If I could talk to my "senior-self" I would have let him know what needs to happen so I can get to a good school and finish on time. As a transfer student, I have spent lots of time looking at colleges and asking questions. Everytime I visit a different college, I learn something different about applying or degree plans or classes I should have taken at community college. However, I am very glad to have gone to community college. I saved some money, and gave myself more time to visit colleges. I would have liked to go to a 4-year institution right after high school, but everthing turned out okay.

Learn to manage your time. I know this may not sound important, but it's CRUCIAL! At college, you'll have to find time to go to class, study, eat, exercise, go to work, and sleep (hopefully). And don't forget the countless activities that are part of the college experience! Good time management skills are the only things that will keep you sane. So how do you manage your time wisely and efficiently? Well, these three techniques will definitely get you started on the right track: 1) Divide your projects into steps and set early deadlines. That way, you're not cramming at 2:00 a.m., which leaves you dead for class (or tests). 2) Use a daily schedule and stick to it; if something doesn't get done today, make sure it's finished by tomorrow. 3) If it's not on the schedule, DON'T DO IT! At least not until everything that needs to be done is completed. Time management won't be easy, and it won't always be fun, but it will make your life so much better and more productive in the end. Trust me, I've tried it both ways.

Coneshia

I would tell myself to go to class and don't play around. College is nothing like high school. I made a mistake in my first year of college by not going to class. I took eight classes total my entire freshman year and I only passed three. I was always leaving class a little early,not paying attention or just simply not going to class. I took advantage of the government paying for my schooling and I still regret it til this day,but I told myself I wasn't going to give up. It was hard though,especially having to pay for it out of my pocket,but I did it! With a little extra work,I am almost back on track. I am just a semester behind of where I need to be. After experiencing this,I would tell myself to stay focused and go to class everyday. I experienced some hard times with money for school,but now I'm back on track and I know this is what's best for me and it will all be worth it in the end.

If I could go back in time to advice myself regarding my future there are a few words of wisdom I would like to impart. The first is to stay focused on the future. It is easy to become distracted by work, and freinds, forgetting the main purpose of college. Finding ways of keeping future endeavors the main priority will help to reach those goals sooner. The next thing is that if money becomes tight, and you can't afford full-time tuition you should continue school, even if it is only one class at a time. The last bit of advise I would give is to apply for every scholarship that is available to you. The process of searching and applying for scholarships can be difficult, but in the end it is worth the effort if you are able to finish you degree without a large amount of debt. If student are successful in these three areas they will be sure to achievie their dreams, and go on to even greater ventures.

Nellie

The one important advice I would give myself is to have more confidence in myself that I can complete college. When I first started college I was not as confident as I am now because my parents never completed their college education and I feared I might fall into the same trap so I kept doubting myself at every turn that I might not complete my studies as well. Although I was an A student throughout my basics college and undergraduate years, the doubt was still there, but I kept pushing myself that I shouldn?t be afraid and that drive led me through. Despite my switch of majors from Accounting and Business Management to Pharmacology, which in a way increased my uncertainty, I did get my Associate in Science from Eastfield College, and am now on my way to acquiring my PharmD in Pharmacy. My uncertainties have faded and I now have more confidence in myself to achieve that goal which is to have my professional doctorate degree in Pharmacy.

Chaz

First of all if I could be a high school senior I would do things totally different than I did the 2007-2008 year that I was a senior. I would begin applying to get into colleges and consider a few majors and decide what I want to do by the time I got accepted into a college. Therefore, I would not be so far behind and would be much closer to my Associates degree than I am now. I would of taken the SAT as well as the ACT a lot sooner so I could of taken more times so I could get a better grade once I took these test a few times each. Once other thing I would do not only as a senior but through all grades of high school I would of made my study habits much better than they were when I first made the transition to college. In high school I did not have to study much and made very good grades and now that I am in college it is a must to study for everything in order to be successful and get a good grade in your classes.

Assuming that I was a High School senior transitioning into the more adult world of College, I would have many things to say to my younger self, but with a word limit, I can only list so few. First of all, I'd attempt to rid my younger self of a very cocky additude before entering College. As an 18 year old freshly stepping out into the world and leaving the younger years behind, I was very sure of myself in the most negative of ways. I had yet to learn that an A grade in High School would not be enough to skim by without studying in College. As a second lesson learned, I'd tell my younger self to not stress so badly on the little things. College is very important, however with the time limits given, and the work assigned weeks in advanced it's not as chaotic as my younger self was led to think. With a little motivation and dedication to my studies, college has been very mentally stimulating. It's challenged me in many wonderful ways and I can never wait to see what the next semester will bring me.

I know at your low-standards high school you feel like a fish out of water. You're perpetually bored by the pace and subject matter, and the obsession with standardized testing. Even your advanced classes seem slow most of the time. So you've stopped trying. You've redirected all your efforts into personal projects, because your teachers will give you an A either way. But having seen what you've yet to see, let me give you this piece of advice. Drop the arrogance. It will only hinder you. If you waltz into a college composition class expecting to get away with your I'm Smart,That Should Be Enough essay, your soon-following grades will be a very jarring wake-up call. You've been able to get away with just being a smart kid before now. But as soon as you get your hands on your first college textbook, you're going to need to seriously step up your game. Genetics won't save you on your comprehensive economics final.

Alyxandra

You've done well with your grades and extra-curriculars. You're GPA is excellent. However, many things will biur your vision in college. Only going on twice a week gives you a false sense of TIME. You will feel like you have plenty of time to get to your studying and homework but in reality you need to do it every free moment you have. You have to capabilty to make a 4.0 but distractions like work and friends will cause you to make Bs which is very out of character for you. Take community college SERIOUSLY. It will be your downfall if you don't put forth every ounce of effort and ability within yourself. This is it---even if it's not a university, this makes or breaks what you see yourself as. So many opportunities are yours to take--make it happen and success has no choice but to fall in your path.

Scarlett

I would say to my self " Get more AP classes ." " They come in handy when you show your high school transcript." And the most important thing, " Really try for your SAT's " " They can save you money when time comes to take or choose your classes."

Honostly, the transition you face in your first semester at college will not be simple, especially when you are moving away from friends and family for the first time in your life. Although the changes you have made will effect the rest of your life, and the challenges will prove difficult, the people you surround yourself with will have tremendous effects on the choices you make. Find people you admire, friends you can learn from, and strive to become a better person through the experiences that will come your way. The decisions you make now have power over the choices you must make in the future. Keep in mind the person you desire to be, and the choices will come easily.

Meyatta

Go into college like a vampire that thrives on their thirst for blood and be that student that is urning with the thrist for an education. You have to go in this new enviornment with an open-mind and the ambition needed to obtain whatevers neccessary for your success. Rather your reason is to succeed in raising your GPA, learning about new career fields in what each of them have to offer, or even if you just have the sparetime and wanna use it wisely, Eastfield is the place for you. Also remember, High schoool and college is two totally different adventures. While high school is like going to a theme park with really no restrictions, college is like going to a museum with many restrictions. Meaning the things that you could get way with and still graduate, isn't the case, you have to put in the work and determination for progression twards a promising career or opportunity.

Curtis

I would simply tell myself that things are going to get tough, but that I'd always find a way through it. I regret nothing I did. It has helped shaped the person I am today. I think asking the question 'what if?' too much slows down anyone's life. Don't live in the past... live in the now. Things will turn out the way they were meant to turn out.