ECPI University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for ECPI University

Crystal

It is amazing a

Corey

Best decision I've made for a school.

John Gerald

ECPI University is constantly trying to improve its standards. Each term, they would ask its students to participate in surveys to gather reviews of the courses they took, the faculty, and its facilities to ensure that each and every students are satisfied with the experience at their institution and that they are focused in their studies and that they receive the best education they can possibly receive from the institution.

I had a great time at this school. I have never been more challenged in my entire life, and I had studied for years at other prestigious private colleges before choosing ECPI. I wish I had known about ECPI first. Not only were the classes challenging but they were also accelerated, so I learned something new every day. What I learned in one 5-hour class at ECPI took a week to learn at other colleges. My professors were all about hands-on learning which really helped me succeed in my field. They also struck up great debates and conversations which kept my classmates and I fully aware and engaged for the duration of class, and taught us new ideas to consider. I also loved that my professors didn’t teach out of textbooks. They taught us to research and learn for ourselves using scholarly and peer-reviewed sources so that our learning experience wasn’t biased. The only negative experience that I encountered was the homework load. I worked three jobs while going to school full time and had many stress-caused mental breakdowns. There were a few times when they only gave us two days to write a 10-12 page paper on top of having writing assignments due, while taking two other classes that also had the same work load. It’s what you get for accelerated learning. I think I almost passed out a couple of times , but I graduated with a 3.98 GPA and made it through without dying! That’s a definite plus! Even though the homework was exhausting, I would still honestly recommend ECPI to anyone interested in the Homeland Security/ Criminal Justice field. I don’t regret one second at this school!

amanda

My overall opinion of ECPI is that it is amazing here! The faculty and staff here really care for our grades and how well we do. If we are struggling, they will help us. The equipment we used is great too, it helps better my education. Everything we learn is current and will help us get careers, not jobs.

Overall a good School. Short staffed and some staff doesn't care about their job. The teachers that enjoy their job make it worth it. LPN program has the same clinical sight for each term so we didn't learn much there. I learned most of my skills after I graduated and got an actual job.

Lorenzo

This is a awesome college. The instructors are very knowledgeable, helpful and they often help people locate job opportunities. The pratically train us to be the very best in the culinary industry. Also, they teach us how to brand ourselves as professionals in the field. This is an awesome program.

Karen

I like the experience, it’s an excellent program. It’s very fast paced and the teachersare always willing to help you succeed in your class. I have spoken to my teacher on the weekend to go over previous tests, and to help you understand the content.

Charlene

ECPI is a fast paced college that will get you ready for and into your chosen field of you work hard and are committed to the education provided. Everything you need is part of tuition- books, iPad, uniforms (medical professionals), and ID. The class sizes are small so instructors can get to personally know you and have more time to help.

Emilie

I think it’s different but in a good way

Felicia

I love ECPI University, upon entering the school the staff make you feel like you belong. When you start classes the faculty is always available and ready to answer any questions you may have. The class size is small which makes it a lot easier to get to know your class mates and you instantly feel like family. The curriculum is very through and the staff go into detail to help you retain any information you are given. I would highly recommend ECPI University to anyone who wishes to further their education.

Louis

I love my school and wish it were bigger. The fact that the staff is so eager to ensure student success is a completely new thing for me. The classes are intense, but flexible and challenging to equip the student for maximum potential developement . ECPI is great!

Richard

There is an admin or professor always there to help with questions, concerns or just simple aid in the solidification of topics of study. The University is small; which isn't a bad thing, which allows for a more robust engagement between students and staff.

Sean

I love the small class sizes. The professors are hands on, experts in the Culinary field. They have all worked in the industry and have a wealth of knowledge to give. The classes are intense, the terms are short, and it is perfect for getting done in a short amount of time. I love it.

Ariel

Overall I enjoy going to school. It is a tad pricey, but I believe it comes with the territory. Good teachers and a degree within a reasonable amount of time is worth it. I do not have many friends in the area because I am new, so I do consider my classmates to be close. Other than that I have accomplished my goal of maintaining a 4.0 thus far so I am proud of myself. Go ECPI!

Alexys

In my recent overall opinion, I am very excited about attending ECPI University. The staff is very attentive and helpful. I begin in August 2018. I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to be ina program that accepts only 20 students an semester year.

Kimberlee

Everyone who works at the college is great. If you have a concern, it is usually addressed fairly quickly. The program is accelerated, so being organized is important. Every instructor is required to participate in tutoring along with office hours. I love that they are geared to helping everyone succeed.

The faculty is exceptional! They have stood by me, encouraged me, and helped me find the resources I need to be able to attend! Emita, my entrance advisor, sat on the phone with me for hours. She listened to my concerns and didn't try to sell me on the school. Leanne, my financial aid advisor, worked endlessly to help me find the grants, and loans I would need to obtain my degree. They were rock stars!

Sabrina

I love this school. The class size is not big at all, averaging 10-15 students a class. The teachers are very professional. They like having fun in labs and clinicals, but make sure you're still learning. Everyone in class become very close and great friends.

Wanda

ECPI University is a for profit school. The campus facilities are excellent. They are geared toward the students major. There is no on- campus housing. ECPI University seems to be geared toward the adult student. The instructors are knowledgeable in their particular subject. In my personal opinion, ECPI University is a great place to reach your educational goals and dreams!

Carina

If you want to finish fast and don't mind not having the traditional college experience, are self motivated, and don't expect for things to be spoon fed to you, it is a great school. Being an accelerated program, you have to do a lot of studying and teaching yourself at home. The material is all provided to you but you have to take initiative and study the material outside of class. You have to be proactive and can't expect the teachers to spoon feed you all of the information you need to know for the tests. If you get a teacher that you have a hard time connecting with, take advantage of the free tutoring. There is not any on campus living but plenty of apartments and rentals in the nearby area. Most of the people in this school are adult learners.

Annalysia

I LOVE ECPI! I have so many resources available and everyone really wants to help me. I will continue to my MBA after my B.S. is done. I have not had an unpleasant experience since being here. The Faculty is understanding and the labs/classrooms are top notch. I would definitely recommend checking it out!

Candy

Here at ECPI I have enjoyed the the culture. The condensed classes get you to a degree much faster than a four year college. The only down fall that I can see is everything here cost. The expense of going here seems a little outlandish at times. There needs to be more offered to the students that is free to bring them together and make you feel as though you are part of the school and not just a paycheck for the school. Other than the financial aspect of this school it has been great.

Jessie

Since I have started at this school (April 2017) everything has just gone down hill. We don’t get our class schedules until the Friday before class start and class starts on Monday, so people who need to coordinate child care are on short notice. We get our books late. One class we got our book literally the LAST day of class. There have been times that the instructors have been double booked leaving us without one. The majority of the teachers I’ve had had actually been really good but if they improved on all that that is messed up, then yes I would recommend.

Lyle

my overall opinion of ECPI university is a great school. knowledgeable instructors and a really great place to learn how to create amazing culinary techniques. i would recommend ECPI to all future students and all my friends. overall just a great place

Heather

It is a good school for people who want to be in a big major. They mostly work around Technology, nursing , and like I said other major majors that people do. I say the more people who are into a major that is well known you can find it. The drive isn't that bad for most people and everyone is very nice. Everyone takes their time to help you out when you need it which is really good.

Serena

I love ECPI. I graduated in June of 2010 and I have returned! I am now pursuing a degree in Cyber Security. I like how I have the option to attend school online or on campus. You can even receive a mixture of both. Upon returning I was able to have some of my credits transfer over which also push me towards my goal of graduating a little sooner. I love the flexibility of my class and my instructors they are there to help you every step of the way. ECPI also encourages us to obtain certifications in this field and pays for the majority of the cost. So why not ECPI! They give you all the tools that you would ever need to be successful.

Jon

Ecpi gives thousands of opportunity and and take pride in how they are molding the future through us. Professors show an interest in what they teach and take time to make sure all students understand. ECPI has given me a second chance to further my life through something I love doing

Kimberly

A great institution . Where a student can come and flourish while making his or her dream become a reality. The class size is small so there for the student has time to focus solely on the workload the professor are very helpful and they want to see the Studnet succeed

ECPI University is a great university to learn your field of study. They offer many different campus for different majors. They have the main campus, technical campuses, online campuses, nursing campuses, and two campuses for the culinary arts. These campuses are all located in Virginia, but they have campuses located in other states as well. Most of the campuses are based on a technical/year round school schedule. This way you get your degree in 1.5 years! I love this, seeing as I will be able to graduate with a bachelors when I’m 21! Whereas most people my age will still be in there junior year of college when I’m finished! Over all it is an amazing place to attend. They have clubs, volunteer opportunities, and the teachers are always there to help and are easy to get ahold of. Also it is a military friendly school and they offer many benefits to those working with a GI bill! I love my school!

Dhestini

It is a great school. They offer job placement, nice size classes, tutoring and even help with paying for your national certifications. They are always there and willing to help you succeed, they want you to succeed. ECPI offers many different programs and hands on experience. The school is military friendly and offers a lot of services for their students. ECPI feels like one big family.

Tonia

I like ECPI. The requiter was great and very informative. I like that the school provides hands on learning and access to tutoring from the professors if needed. They also helped with financial situations and were available to help with any and all questions.

Rachael

Its a great place and I love going there.

destiny

Very well rounded school! They have a lot of activities within the school many opportunities even with scholarships they make them known and they want everyone of their students to succeed in life and give them the best opportunities in life, they give us everything they could possibly pick out of their heads.

Kristin

Excellent school, small classes, great motivational staff and positive outcomes. Love the help I’m getting, wish the school wasn’t so expensive. I plan on graduating and giving back to the school with a scholarship to an underprivileged student to financially assist them In need as well.