Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Kristen

The advice that I would give myself is to be more confident in your choices. I was wearing about going to Edinboro at first as I doubted my choice in the school. The first semester was not even over when I knew I made the right choice in this school. They are accepting of everyone and every culture and do not judge, so I had nothing to fear about choosing them. I could not be happier at another school.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is opened to listening to the opnions and ideas of others and are willing to learn about things that may not match their ideas.

Someone who is completely and totally closeminded.

April

This school is best known for their education and art programs. It is a very good school to attend for any type of art or education program.

I would tell myself to get more involved in college from the very beginning. It is beneficial to get involved in activities that you enjoy and believe in from the start of college so you can make the transition easier and make lifelong friends. I would also tell myself that it is important to know what you believe, have goals, and follow through with them so you know what you believe in and stay strong in those beliefs. They will help you through alot of hard and frustrating times. I would, lastly, tell myself not to stress about the little things and not stress too much about the big things. Everything that is suppose to be will work out in the end so there is no reason to stress and worry about anything that needs to happen or get done. It will get done in time, just push through everything. And remember to have fun and make memories. They will last a lifetime.

A city person should not attend this school. Edinboro University of PA is in a rural area and most big city people do not enoy living in Edinboro.

MARIE

Edinboro is very open to non-traditional students. There are students with all sorts of handicaps that funcion effortlessly because the university is committed to seeing that they don't have to. Adult students of all ages are everywhere. It makes going back after 10 years seem less intimidating.

Don't rush in blindly!!! College is supposed to be the best time of your life and you should be sure that you're up to the challenge. I immediately rushed in and signed up because it was what was expected of me. I chose my 1st school because it was supposed to be the "best in the area", not because it suited me or my needs. Now I'm trying again 10 years later and I like to think I'm finally ready to have the "best time of my life" because by now I know I've EARNED the privledge.

Edinboro allows you to be flexible and maintain a job and life in the community. As a married mother of 2 this is incredible to me. I couldn't afford to continue my education were it otherwise.

Michele

College searching can be very stressful for the highschool graduate as well as the parents. I would definitely say to start looking during your Junior year of highschool. Take it slow. Visit a few of the colleges you're interested in going to. The only way to truly understand and know if it's the college you want to attend is to physically go there. Most colleges will hype up their campus and such on the internet to get students to attend, but you will only know the truth if you go there and see it yourself. Make sure you start saving up a little money here and there from paychecks (students and parents). A little money at a time can add up and help you with the cost of room/board, extra food, dorm supplies, books, etc. If you become really interested in a college, perhaps visit it a second time and take the time to attend a class to see what the classroom environment is like. Most importantly, don't stress while looking for a college. Apply to many and go from there to figure out which one you will attend. Good luck.

Well, probably how much snow accumulation there is. The campus is gorgeous, but the weather can be ridiculous at times. However, it is definately worth going to school here because the bus transportation around campus is amazing!

Any kind of person should attend this school. Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is well-rounded. There are many different ethnicities, religious backgrounds, races, etc. Edinboro has a great program for students with physical and mental disabilities. They really cater to these students and try to make the campus the best they can for them to get around and get help when needed. I absolutely love Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and I would reccommend it to everyone. You have every different kind of group here (art, phsych majors, jocks, frat boys/sorority girls, etc). And everyone really seems to get along.

Edinboro is an active school that focuses on, but is not limited to, art, education, and nursing majors while offering a variety of clubs and activities.

I advise students and parents to focus first on a major or area of interest, then to narrow down potential schools based on their location, cost, and the impression received from them when visiting campus, along with other relevant factors. In order to make the most of the college experience, students should live on or near campus to have easier access to activities. Students should make an effort to see what groups are available, especially those relevant to potential majors, as they give students the chance to interact with upperclassmen in their field. Upperclassmen are often very willing to offer advice on classes and projects, can help one decide if one has chosen the right major, and may help with networking later. Be sure to keep up with homework and research and form study groups or ask teachers and upperclassmen for help. If one's curriculum allows, one should take a few classes in other fields not directly related to one's major to expand one's horizons and pursue other interests, which builds life and research skills, as well as offering a chance of pace and the chance to meet more people.

Edinboro is in the snowbelt and, obviosuly, gets a lot of snow, which occassionally means that the walkways are not clear in the early mornings, although maintence always has them cleared as quickly as they can.

Cherice

My first piece of advice is not to make money or the lack of it the determining element for the school of your choice. A lot of times we write off really good schools and the opportunities they will provide after one look at the tuition cost. There are far too many scholarships unapplied for, grants, and financial assistance available from ever keeping a potentially great school out of your reach. Secondly, stick to the basis to narrow your search down. Ask yourself four simple questions. . . 1. How will this school match up to the academic and social standards I am looking for in a school and its community? 2. Does this school offer the best department programs for my intended major or areas of interest? 3. What est. distance would I prefer living away from home? 4. Will I be satisfied with the area's seasonal weather? Once you answers those questions compared to the schools you're considering, you be on your way to finalizing the best choice for you. To make the most out of your college experience is all up to the attitude you carry within yourself. My advice, be positive, proactive, and never assume anything.

The worst thing about Edinboro University is the limited space for seating in required courses. It is good that we had a good student to teacher status however with the increase amount of students at the school each year it is hard to grab a seat for all the required classes you may need during the semester and times you may desire them to be. I wish at lease they could schedule more courses for classes need with problem with trying to overload in a class, or not being able to take the class at all.

That would the weather in these parts. Our winter seasons are long and hard.

Kaylyn

Students at Edinboro University can be described as well diversed, fun, friendly people.

As an upcoming college sophmore, my advice to a perspective student on finding the right college is to make sure you stay ahead of the game. Use your local or school library to find books on colleges and universities, visit college websities and take virtual tours of the school, and most importantly, take advantage of the resources at your high school such as your advisors. They will not bite. They will gladly assist you in finding scholarships that "fit" you and also college fairs in your area. This will narrow down your selection and also make you more comfortable and knowledgeable in what you want in a school. As for making the most of your college experience, get involved. Joining a sport, club, sorority, fraternity, or school organization will gurantee you to become less homesick and more prone to friendships and tones of fun.

The first thing I say to my friends about Edinboro University is that it is my second home. Not many students can say that about their school. I love the fact that students , faculty, and staff treat you like family. Edinboro is the place where you are able to grow and learn the skills how to become successful in the real world, but yet provide numerous of fun activites for all students of all types to become comfortable all year long.

Caitlin

What I think is unique about my school is that it is a school out of the way but not too small. It also provides very good programs for education, business and in the arts. You wouldn't expect a school out near a very small town would have such a good reputation for their animation program in the country.

When I was in high school I was very worried about college. I thought it would be too hard and/or I'd make no friends. But all of my fears left as soon as I started. I realized there were hundreds of others that felt the same way. Choosing a school was the hardest, I took months and months trying to make sure I didn't pick the wrong school. In the end I chose the one that fit best. I understand a lot of people tell you not to look at the price when choosing your school and that is a good way to choose but let's be honest, money is an important factor in choosing schools. I would say, look at just the schools first and then look at the price 2nd. Also, join clubs of interest, get involved you'll meet so many others that have the same interests that you have. In order to have a great experience don't get too stressed, find your happy medium for time with friends or relaxing and studying. Finally, go in with a positve attitude things will work out better then you may think.

What I don't like is that there isn't enough funding for the Arts. My school doesn't have the money for better equipment in the film and animation studios, the only way they are able to replace parts is by student studio fees every semester but it's still not enough. We need the money to be able to learn new computer software and to compete with other colleges.

James

I would advise anyone to choose a school of smaller size because i feel that the opportunity to learn more is greater at a University that doesn't have 300 people in each classroom. I would also advise them to pick a University that has many degree fields because i have found that changing your mind with regards to your own future career path is very real. Also, picking a school that is relatively inexpensive will help you not to get bogged down mentally as you get closer to graduation. Choosing a school that is close to where you grew up i believe is also important because it helps the transition process from high school to college.

The worst thing about this school is the lack of activities outside of campus. Set in a small town, the social activities are limited, as well as employment opportunities. With the number of students increasing, while the town around campus does not, it is difficult to reign in a convenient job while attending school full-time.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person who is eager to learn, in a small but competitive setting. A person who wants to gain a four year degree or continue their education.

Daniel

Small liberal arts college in a small college town with a somewhat active city nearby and plenty of outdoor activities.

To find the right college some real research is needed. Knowing what you what to study and what you want out of your education are also key. To make the most of a college experience it in very important to be comfortable. Comfortable going to a school far from home and with no one you know can be tough on some students, as well as staying close to home so really sit down and discuss what you want. Be prepared when you go to college, have plans set up to ensure you have enough study time and can avoid getting caught up partying and too many extracirricular activities. Most important, make sure you're ready to go to college, if you need some time to travel or persue some need, it's not a bad idea to do that as long as you stay focused and remain prepared to go back.

Take your studies seriously. Strive for your best and don't get caught up with too much partying. Professors are willing to help and be involved, just ask.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.