Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Crystal

I don't know if there is any other stereotype of students as Edinboro University.

I would say that we have a good academic program here at Edinboro University. I can say more specifically that we have a great Nursing program. With a small program you get to know the professors on a one to one basis. They are always willing to help the students.

Katelyn

Never give up the idea of college. Keep your head up and prepare yourself to have ultimate freedom to indulge in the concept of discovering myself and discovering things that are not their for me to experience where i live. Don't just get a job because its easier than trying to get into college. You will excel and experience things and open your mind to an entire other world. To not be so introverted. Open up, make friends and stay focused on your education and the changes you want to make in the world once you are out of college. Remember that you want to make a difference and make connections you need to reach out and get involved in all that you can. Focus on your schooling and find what attracts you and motivates you. The transition is easy. Be the idepedent woman that you have always been and continue to be. Use the advice always given to you. Let your wings soar.

Someone who is not dedicated and strong willed to push themselves through their classwork and social work. The campus does not provide or walk students through a lot of essential steps so students who are not ontop of their education or worry about getting everything from their college experience should not go here. It is good to be responsible and caring about your classes and overall gpa. To be a student who isn't dedicated to their education and social life at college should not come to edinboro or they will feel incredibly overwhelmed.

I could brag about the peacefulness of the campus and they ability to have plenty of resources close to me. The classes are engaging and entertaining and the building are fun to be in. I brag about learning to weld, and make artwork in a building and computer lab that gives me sole freedom as an adult to create things that are fantastic and original. The experience of having the tools to let yourself succeed in any direction you choose. To be healthy, to be artistic, to go through the campus and town and discover myself and the world.

The weather in Edinboro isn't always the best but the school itself is a quality atmosphere with teachers who are willing to get to know the students and classmates that you will become friends with forever.

The students here at Edinboro are high achieving people, classmates are willing to help out a student if struggling or give advice to help you in classes they have already taken.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and give myself a few words of advice ; then I would advise myself to stay focused and to study hard so that I would graduate with a higher grade point average. Hopefully the extra studying and focus would keep me in college at a younger age so that I could graduate from college at a younger age and maybe attain a career with a higher salary.

Briana

My classmates were all ready to learn and grow with our surroundings, experience life as emerging adults, and develop life long friendships.

I wanted to write to you and give you a few words of advice about some things you are going to encounter before and in college. Take more time filling out scholarship and grant applications. Doing this will mean less time with friends, but it wil help you avoid increasing student loan debt. Once at Edinboro, be open to meeting new people and having new experiences. Do not call home the day after you move in begging to go home, that wasted time. Take that time and help others move in, or introduce yourself to people in your hall. You can go to the gym with your roommates when they go, which would open you up socially. Entertaining the idea of pledging a Sorority wasn't at the top of your list, but when you turned twenty-one that changed. Join before you turn twenty-one. Don't spend so much time socializing. Your grades suffered. It's normal to have a rough semester, but you bring your grades up. These three things impacted your life in many ways. You do owe money for the education you gained, but the memories will be with you for years to come.

The University was settled in a small community, which made it possible to participate in off campus activities and community outreach/philantropic activities. The small town feel really carried over to the school too, which made it easy to get to know many people on campus. I really developed a comfort in knowing that I could always talk to someone I knew no matter where I went on campus and in town.

Kathryn

Okay, hmmm… so, you’re not even fazed by a visit from a time-travelling, future version of yourself. You’re always playing it so cool. You forget that it doesn’t work on me. I know you. I know that beneath that placid demeanor, there lies a tumultuous current of fear. That fear cannot be diminished by side-stepping it. It is diminished, quite simply, by moving forward. Move one step toward the positive opportunities available to you. Just take one more step towards your happy destiny, then another. Go to college, you will discover yourself there. You will find that which makes your heart sing. You will forget your fear, and you will let yourself soar. College will set you free, if you let it. You start with that first step, then you… Make friends. Be honest. Be a friend. Work hard. Make yourself proud. Make yourself.

Kelsey

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would tell her to keep her grades up and try not to let our grandmother's death cause her to make some of the regrettable decisions that I did. I would tell her that taking a year off before going back to school is necessary to pulling herself together and realizing how badly we need to go to school. I would tell her that while all of this college stuff is overwhelming, you aren't the only one dealing with it and you'll make friends in your sorority who will help you deal with the stress. I would tell her to not take things too seriously and enjoy the little things because it only gets harder. Most of all though, I would tell that no matter what you must keep your head up and remain positive. Depression is curable. You will get better, things will get better. Just stay strong.

The kind of people who should attend Edinboro University are the kind who are open-minded and accepting. Edinboro has a lot of students who are specials needs, who are bisexual/homosexual and who are ethnically diverse. You won't get very far here if you're judgmental of others individuality.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me, is how hard it is for me to get the finical aid that I need. Edinboro ended up helping me some with a Hardship Grant but that is a one time only deal. Therefore, I'm on my own again trying to figure out how to pay for my schooling, my bills and my sorority.

Amber

Edinboro is best know for multiple majors; Accounting, art, business, communications, forensic science, computer science, criminal justice and education, just to name a few.

Let’s go back in time! Now this seems like something weird to say because it could never happen, right? Well, we could do what we’ve been told our whole lives and use our imagination, then it could be possible.If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to be more positive and get out there! In high school I didn’t have a very positive attitude and kept to myself. I was the kind of girl who set her goals way to high and then would get upset when I didn’t reach those crazy goals. I also didn’t really go out with friends and I wasn’t very comfortable talking to new people. In college you have to be positive, if you’re not positive you won’t accomplish anything. I didn’t make many friends due to my shyness. Not only do I wish I would have made more friends, but I also wish I had more practice talking to/in front of people because you do a lot of speaking in class; very nerve-racking!If I could have told myself this before going to college, I would have been prepared!

I think the worst thing about Edinboro is the lecture classes. I had much difficulty in the lecture classes because there were about 100 people and only one teacher, this made it very hard to have one-on-one time with the teacher.

Nashua

I would tell myself that he should rethink the options and plan more. If the degree is worth it or not, if the expense is worth the education. I would tell myself to study hard no matter what my senior self decided. A lesson learned is a gained. Whatever plans my past self decided, whether it would change anything or not, I would still gain experience and become more cultural shaped individual. It's not like we are doomed if we make some mistakes. Transfer, figure out something else if your not happy, there's always options.

The best thing about Edinboro is going to Vanhouten Dining Hall and eating wth friends. Academically I would say, staying up long hours and being more mature about getting things done is the best thing about it.

The most frustrating thing is doing required classes that are not general education and that do not relate to your major of study. Also the advisor don't really care if you graduate on time.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.