Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Tarae

Respectful. They treat me with kindness everywhere I go and that I cherish.

Respectful. They treat me with kindness everywhere I go and that I cherish.

I would tell myself that I'm not stupid. While my classmates were going out partying, doing drugs, and drinking obsessively. I was always in my bedroom, surrounded by an array of shiny new hardbacks. I always thought I was stupid for choosing to do that rather than being a regular teenager. Crawling out my bedroom window and catching a ride with my friends. Dancing with boys in a skirt way too short to even be called appropriate. Instead, on saturday nights, it was just me, myself and I. I never did these things in high school and I'm glad I didn't. I studied my butt off and graduated with successful grades. I'm proud that I was never like my classmates. I'm very mature for my age and an education comes first for me. I wish I could tell the girl sitting in high school that its okay to read. To fill your head with information and beautiful stories. Not being like everyone else doesn't mean you're stupid but authentic.

The diversity is the best thing about my university. I've never met so many people who are different, but all go to the same place. My high school had absolutely no diversity. I was one of three African American women in my graduating class. The rest were white people, which made me feel awkward. At Edinboro University, I'm not the only one that's different. I've met so many people who've made me feel comfortable in my own skin. That has never happened before, and I'm proud to say I attend Edinboro University .

Vanessa

My school is best known for the quality of education that is received by the students. Edinboro's professors and curricula goes past the academic standpoint in the context of having a collaborative environment. The school is best known for its small class sizes along with professors that identify and accomodate students to the best of their ability.

Dear Vanessa: You're about to enter the terrifying but exciting world of college. I know you think you're about to become a "real adult," however there are some things you don't know. The first and most important bit of advice is that, you do not have the answers for everything and you are not always right, and that is okay. You'll learn throughout your years in college and blossom as you should. You also need to know that no matter what age you are, you're going to experience mountains and molehills. How you deal with these mountains and molehills will help to mold you to who you are going to be. Don't overstress, everything always has a way working itself out in the end. The last bit of advice that I want to give you deals with time, you can't get any of it back, so make your own decisions and own them. At the end of the day, the only person you have the face, is the one in the mirror. I promise you, follow this advice and when you look at her later in life, she'll smile.

The kind of person that should come to Edinboro University is the student that values their education and making connections in the classroom. Edinboro teaches students how to take their education and utilize it in the classroom as well as in the field. Students who want to make the most out of their education while feeling at home should come here.

tyler

Be prepared to read, other than that I almost completley knew what to expect.

Be prepared to read, other than that I almost completley knew what to expect.

some are good some are bad, but overall a friendly crowd

Crystal

I don't know if there is any other stereotype of students as Edinboro University.

I would say that we have a good academic program here at Edinboro University. I can say more specifically that we have a great Nursing program. With a small program you get to know the professors on a one to one basis. They are always willing to help the students.

Katelyn

Never give up the idea of college. Keep your head up and prepare yourself to have ultimate freedom to indulge in the concept of discovering myself and discovering things that are not their for me to experience where i live. Don't just get a job because its easier than trying to get into college. You will excel and experience things and open your mind to an entire other world. To not be so introverted. Open up, make friends and stay focused on your education and the changes you want to make in the world once you are out of college. Remember that you want to make a difference and make connections you need to reach out and get involved in all that you can. Focus on your schooling and find what attracts you and motivates you. The transition is easy. Be the idepedent woman that you have always been and continue to be. Use the advice always given to you. Let your wings soar.

Someone who is not dedicated and strong willed to push themselves through their classwork and social work. The campus does not provide or walk students through a lot of essential steps so students who are not ontop of their education or worry about getting everything from their college experience should not go here. It is good to be responsible and caring about your classes and overall gpa. To be a student who isn't dedicated to their education and social life at college should not come to edinboro or they will feel incredibly overwhelmed.

I could brag about the peacefulness of the campus and they ability to have plenty of resources close to me. The classes are engaging and entertaining and the building are fun to be in. I brag about learning to weld, and make artwork in a building and computer lab that gives me sole freedom as an adult to create things that are fantastic and original. The experience of having the tools to let yourself succeed in any direction you choose. To be healthy, to be artistic, to go through the campus and town and discover myself and the world.

The weather in Edinboro isn't always the best but the school itself is a quality atmosphere with teachers who are willing to get to know the students and classmates that you will become friends with forever.

The students here at Edinboro are high achieving people, classmates are willing to help out a student if struggling or give advice to help you in classes they have already taken.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and give myself a few words of advice ; then I would advise myself to stay focused and to study hard so that I would graduate with a higher grade point average. Hopefully the extra studying and focus would keep me in college at a younger age so that I could graduate from college at a younger age and maybe attain a career with a higher salary.

Briana

My classmates were all ready to learn and grow with our surroundings, experience life as emerging adults, and develop life long friendships.

I wanted to write to you and give you a few words of advice about some things you are going to encounter before and in college. Take more time filling out scholarship and grant applications. Doing this will mean less time with friends, but it wil help you avoid increasing student loan debt. Once at Edinboro, be open to meeting new people and having new experiences. Do not call home the day after you move in begging to go home, that wasted time. Take that time and help others move in, or introduce yourself to people in your hall. You can go to the gym with your roommates when they go, which would open you up socially. Entertaining the idea of pledging a Sorority wasn't at the top of your list, but when you turned twenty-one that changed. Join before you turn twenty-one. Don't spend so much time socializing. Your grades suffered. It's normal to have a rough semester, but you bring your grades up. These three things impacted your life in many ways. You do owe money for the education you gained, but the memories will be with you for years to come.

The University was settled in a small community, which made it possible to participate in off campus activities and community outreach/philantropic activities. The small town feel really carried over to the school too, which made it easy to get to know many people on campus. I really developed a comfort in knowing that I could always talk to someone I knew no matter where I went on campus and in town.

Kathryn

Okay, hmmm… so, you’re not even fazed by a visit from a time-travelling, future version of yourself. You’re always playing it so cool. You forget that it doesn’t work on me. I know you. I know that beneath that placid demeanor, there lies a tumultuous current of fear. That fear cannot be diminished by side-stepping it. It is diminished, quite simply, by moving forward. Move one step toward the positive opportunities available to you. Just take one more step towards your happy destiny, then another. Go to college, you will discover yourself there. You will find that which makes your heart sing. You will forget your fear, and you will let yourself soar. College will set you free, if you let it. You start with that first step, then you… Make friends. Be honest. Be a friend. Work hard. Make yourself proud. Make yourself.

Kelsey

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would tell her to keep her grades up and try not to let our grandmother's death cause her to make some of the regrettable decisions that I did. I would tell her that taking a year off before going back to school is necessary to pulling herself together and realizing how badly we need to go to school. I would tell her that while all of this college stuff is overwhelming, you aren't the only one dealing with it and you'll make friends in your sorority who will help you deal with the stress. I would tell her to not take things too seriously and enjoy the little things because it only gets harder. Most of all though, I would tell that no matter what you must keep your head up and remain positive. Depression is curable. You will get better, things will get better. Just stay strong.

The kind of people who should attend Edinboro University are the kind who are open-minded and accepting. Edinboro has a lot of students who are specials needs, who are bisexual/homosexual and who are ethnically diverse. You won't get very far here if you're judgmental of others individuality.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me, is how hard it is for me to get the finical aid that I need. Edinboro ended up helping me some with a Hardship Grant but that is a one time only deal. Therefore, I'm on my own again trying to figure out how to pay for my schooling, my bills and my sorority.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.