Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

The academics are good, but how things are run makes it very hard to stay happy on this campus.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to only look at private universities. Private universities have more money to offer their to their students, so that way they are not so far in debt. I won't lie, college life is hard and not knowing anyone at a university makes it even harder, so pick a university where maybe a few friends are going, but not all of your high school graduating class. That way, you will always have someone to talk to or study with if you need them.

Only a serious athlete, if you're not an athlete don't bother and if you're not a serious athlete you're screwed.

Maria

I had a great college experience at Edinboro University: meeting life long friends, getting to know a diverse population, excelling academically and athletically, and finding a job upon graduating.

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would remind myself that I only go to college once. I would encourage myself to give 110% both academically and athletically and never hold anything back. If you follow your heart and always give your all, you will never have regrets. During the transition to college, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy! I am a strong enough person and will transition smoothly. Make lifelong friends, let people get to know the real me, form relationships with faculty, strive for a 4.0, leave everything on the soccer field, be a role model on and off the field, and enjoy every minute of college life because you can never go back and relive it! College is the time of your life; take pictures, laugh often, and work hard!

I brag about the great relationships I formed with peers and faculty at Edinboro.

Edinboro University is known as the fighting scots. This school has a great nursing program, Army ROTC program, psychology program and many other great programs. This school is best known for its Scottish heritage.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to choose an in-state college. I am not learning that there are many more scholarship opportunities to students who chose a college in they state they live in. After preparing for my first year of college, I have spent a lot of money on books and many other living necessities. Now as I plan to take classes over the summer and in the fall 2012 semster I am finding it difficult to pay for these expenses. I will be working over the summer, but I do not think it will be enough to make a difference in my college bills. I amreally hoping to get as much financial help as I possibly can.

I would tell myself to not be influenced by my parents' opinions or to do something just to make them happy. I would tell myself to follow a path that leads me to what I want to do in the future. I would encourage myself to get involved on campus right away. It opens up so many opportunities to make life-long friends and ways to keep yourself busy. Academically, I would tell myself to make myself known to professors by participating in class more because this helps with future references and they are the best people to ask about information for a career you want to pursue.

Someone that is not career oriented and hard-working should not attend this school.

I brag about how friendly the atmoshpere on campus is, how many activities are available to participate in, and how helpful the professors are.

Julia

Like most freshmen, my classmates don't seem to have their heads wrapped around college just yet, but looking at the older students in some of my higher-level classes, the students here at Edinboro University really have their heads screwed on straight.

To be honest, I feel that I was really on the right track during my senior year. I was obviously ready, because my GPA is even higher now that I'm in college, and I was getting acclamated to the ROTC program on campus that I am currently a part of already through their joint ROTC activities. The only mistake I feel that I've made coming out to school was buying too many groceries!

There really is something for everyone here at Edinboro University just because there are so many majors here; I believe the only kind of person who shouldn't go here is the kind of person who just isn't right for college at all.

It's a school like any other, nothing is good or bad. All I know is that I am getting the best education.

The advice I would give myself: enjoy myself, apply for scholarships now before it's too late and bring snow pants. Studying is highly important, but college only happens once, so make the best of it while you can. Also while you can apply for scholarships, the older you get the harder it is to get them. I don't know how many times I've had to decline a scholarship because I'm not in high school. You may think they are always abundant now, but in a few years you'll be struggling to pay for it all. As for snow pants, it's as cold as they say up here, the snow is always blowing. Your transition to college is actually quite easy. You are and have always been driven, and you have always went out and got what you needed without hesitation. You do this so well people often wonder if you ever take a break. Keep up the good work and keep thinking and you'll be better then fine. As a final word of advice don't let this encounter become a paradox. Instead use this encounter as incentive to continue your good work.

If you don't like the cold this school may not be for you.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about what i know now and how to make the transition, i would start by telling myself to save my money. College is not cheap and i wish i would have realized how hard it is financially before I came. I would also consider the fact that having a roommate isn't as easy as it may seem. I knew my roommate from highschool and its more awkward than i thought it might be. The rooms are small and there is almost no privacy, not knowing that beforehand makes it harder now.

What I would consider the best thing about Edinboro Universty is the amount of friendly people. I have not yet met anybody who is not a good person, not only are there good people but there is a variety of people and everyone seems to get along. I have yet to encounter drama, or anything of the sort. I find that it is a good place to meet new people of all sorts.

I think the only sort of person who should not attend Edinboro Universty is one who does not like to meet new people. I think that goes for any college really.

Melina

Edinboro University is best known for either it's Art program or it's Education program.

I would tell myself that everything doesn't just come to you, that you actually have to make things happen. Also, just to appreciate every single thing you have or have been given because those things can be gone the next day. NEver take anything for granted and always do your work and you will get ahead. Don't ever talk behind someone's back because you never know who is listening. Everybody listens to your business but when you have a problem, no one can be found. In most cases, your true best friends aren't who you think they are so just be careful and have fun. Live a little and love a lot. NEver trust someone outside of your family and never stay mad at someone who doesn't deserve it. High school years will teach you a lot about people and a lot about yourself you never knew and college will help you discover these things even more.

Someone who shouldn't attend Edinboro University is someone who just wants to party their life away and doesn't want a real education. Also, someone who shouldn't attend the school is someone who is from the big city and can't get used to a small town and a small university as well.

Tori

Start immediately and don't be so afraid of college. It may seem like you'll be at it for years to come, but the time flies and it is SO much better than high school. The independence is wonderful and so is the feeling that you are working towards a really amazing goal. You will have a family to support and a college education will enrich your life and that of your children tremendously. Otherwise, you will spend years struggling financially and feeling like you are letting your family down. So get started and enjoy it.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.