Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

It's ability to provide education at a lower cost.

It's ability to provide education at a lower cost.

If I were to go back and speak to myself as a senior, I would give myself this advice. Jennifer, start early thinking about what you want to do with your career, finances, and future. Plan early to receive scholarship money and make your situation more comfortable. Don't over extend your finances and keep level minded when spending money while in school. Remember to stay focused on your studies and choose wisely for extra-curricular fun.

Accessibility for all levels of learners.

Christine

If i could go back in time to my high school senior self i would say, Chrisitne, do not be worried about the status of the university you are going to attend. Just because a university is well known does not mean that it is right for you. You make your college experiences not the name of your university. That small school in the middle of no where named Edinboro University can hold the key to everything you ever wanted in life. There will be staff and faculty who really notice your hard work and go out of their way to take you under their wing. You will learn so much, academically, and life lessons as well. Take this experience by the head because you can really stand out as a leader here. Have confidence in your self and pay close attention to everything that happens around you. Time moves so fast. Things change, but you need to make the most of what is given to you while you can!

I believe the worst thing is that a lot of students who commute do not get involved on campus. I also think that people complain that nothing ever happens here but they are unwilling to participate in all the activities that are ocurring.

I believe any person who is willing to get involved or go out of their way to be active on campus should attend this university. There are a lot of chances to make a difference on this campus and be a student leader, but it will not be handed to you. Students must make the great things happen for themself using the resources that this university provides.

Angelo

My campus is aesthetic, filled with students willing to help each other.

My campus is aesthetic, filled with students willing to help each other.

I believe my school is best known for their education and art program. The art program is what brought me to Edinboro, its very hands-on however it is know push over.

Going back in time, one of the first things I would tell myself is to never settle for one group of friends because as time passes friends will come and go throughout college life. I would also advise myself to pay close attention to scheduling classes as well as the importance of scheduling early. This is something I believe should at least be reviewed in highschool, scheduling is one of those things in college that can make you or break you. One of the last things I would tell my highschool self is to stay focused on my goals and not to have too much fun. The social side of college can be very distracting, and if it isn't at first, it grows on you the more you visit new places or meet new people. That is why if I went back in time I would definitely break down time management as best I could and hope the younger me will absorb all of my advice.

Susan

Not Art Friendly, despite the majority percentage is that of Art Students.

Not Art Friendly, despite the majority percentage is that of Art Students.

It was best known for Education, Nursing, and Art.

I would tell myself that every course in High School and College prepares you for what is outside the bubble that is college. I would say to myself that my work ethic becomes a habit, so I should practice it in my studies. I would say that I would choose Edinboro all over again, but I would start off with the career I dream of, instead of what my family told me to go into. I would say that I should start searching for jobs that would lead to a career BEFORE I leave college.

magalie

As a single mother of two kids, returning to school was a very challenging yet fullfilling experience. I was new to the city, and had to start over with my life from scratch. Returning back to school became the best option for me at the time, although the idea that I would be older than most of my classmates haunted me. As I transitioned into a student, I began to realize how valuable education is. It provided an opportunity for me to find myself, advance in life, and also allowed me to provide my kids with a positive example. I have always instilled in my kids the importance of education, and wanted to lead by example. After finally aquiring my AA degree at Valencia Community College, I decided to continue and enrolled in UCF, where I am majoring in Psychology. College experience has taught me that I can do anything that I put my mind to, the importance of family and friends, to be more openminded, to appreciate diversity, and most importantly, that it is never too late to continue or pursue your education.

Lacey

Edinboro University is an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, one-on-one sized school that provides equal opportunities to all it's students.

My classmates are unique, diverse individuals that have a wide range of talents, strengths, and possbilities.

My college experience opened me up to a world of oppurtunity and diversity that I never knew existed. The people I have met, the professors that personally helped me understand, and the way I see myself growing every day are parts of college I will never let go of. The future of our society rests in the hands of today's youth. I see college not only as an obligation, but a way to acheieve personal goals, take ahold of the future, and play my part in making it the best it could possibly be. I would not give these days back for anything. I have already learned so much about myself and others that the value of my college education could only grow from here.

Katie

The most valuable college experience that I have received is the feeling of dedication and perseverance, through the pursuance of my personal goal. Not only do I wish to obtain a college degree, I wish to do so without any debt, and thus far I have succeeded in paying for my first 64 credits. This has taken incredible commitment because not only have I gone to school full time, I have been working as close to full time as I can get. I have also made incredible sacrifices since I graduated high school by attending college for seven consecutive semesters, including summer semesters. In the past, I have been known to make various crafts and sell them at local craft fairs, on top of collecting over 5,000 soda cans in order to help pay for college. The last seven months have also been more trying due to the fact that I have been homeless; however I refuse to stop attending college. The last two years may have brought me through a roller coaster of emotions but it has taught me the most important lesson of all, sometimes you have to do the imaginable in order to make your goals.

Victoria

Many people at Edinboro are friendly and willing to help if there are questions.

I have proven to myself that I am smart and independent. Before I went to college I pictured myself as as average student and a person who was afraid to go out on her own. The first couple of weeks at school were tough. However once I found some friends and got into a routine, it made all the difference. I got better grades than I had expected at the beginning of the year. Also I have become the Vice President of Campus Crusde for Christ. Now I can look at myself with confince. Before college, I was unsure of myself and had low self-esteem, but with some perseverance I have grown in confidence with grades and my personality.

The worst thing would probably be how large the campus is. Walking across the campus in the winter is pretty tough. However, I love how big the campus is because there are so many opportunities right at your fingertips.

Antonia

The 'college experience' has presented me with a great many things including life lessons and a peek at what things can be like in the real world. In college in order to move forward you really have to try and open yourself up first be open to new experiences and adventures that could happen around campus. Out of my personal experience I've received a few good friends who unknowingly taught me new things and have opened up new outlets within myself that I knew were there I just ignored them. I myself personally have also become much more outspoken. It has been valuable to attend simply because it is an entirely new learning experience from highschool, in the begining your mindset begins to shift over slowly and you may not realize it until someone mentions something to you but you grown in more ways than one. Having to balance your own finances and class work and friends is very viable to how things will be when you start your career choice or chosen job. Attending college is a learning experience that I am glad I followed through with.

There is no one person who shouldn't attend. However if a student isn't crazy about an environment that snows alot and has only a handful of things they can do directly on campus then I would suggest not coming here. There are things to do on campus, it's just most of the things people do here have come from their own ideas and bouts of randomness.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing would be when it snows really badly and they cannot keep up with how much snowfall there is cancel classes because there are kids in wheel chairs who get stuck in the snow and have a difficult time getting to class. In fact everyone has a difficult time getting to class. I know some people just don't show up.

Monique

I have decided to attend a trade school simply because it has given me the opportunity to graduate at a faster pace than the traditional junior college. I am a 20 year old single parent of a 2 year old. I also work as a full-time administrative assistant/ customer service employee. I work 8-5 M-F and attend school 5:30-10:15 M-Th. In choosing a technical school I have currently lost a lot of time with my son, but he is my inspiration and our situation can only get better. My college has taught me how to act in the business world and has also given me the chance to share my knowledge with my fellow employees as well as managers. They have given me the tools to better myself in my current position. My boss sometimes asks me for help when it comes to programs such as Excel and Word. That makes me feel very proud of myself. It has been valuable to attend this particular school because the school schedule allows me to work and provide for my son as well as take major related courses.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.