Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Melina

Edinboro University is best known for either it's Art program or it's Education program.

I would tell myself that everything doesn't just come to you, that you actually have to make things happen. Also, just to appreciate every single thing you have or have been given because those things can be gone the next day. NEver take anything for granted and always do your work and you will get ahead. Don't ever talk behind someone's back because you never know who is listening. Everybody listens to your business but when you have a problem, no one can be found. In most cases, your true best friends aren't who you think they are so just be careful and have fun. Live a little and love a lot. NEver trust someone outside of your family and never stay mad at someone who doesn't deserve it. High school years will teach you a lot about people and a lot about yourself you never knew and college will help you discover these things even more.

Someone who shouldn't attend Edinboro University is someone who just wants to party their life away and doesn't want a real education. Also, someone who shouldn't attend the school is someone who is from the big city and can't get used to a small town and a small university as well.

Tori

Start immediately and don't be so afraid of college. It may seem like you'll be at it for years to come, but the time flies and it is SO much better than high school. The independence is wonderful and so is the feeling that you are working towards a really amazing goal. You will have a family to support and a college education will enrich your life and that of your children tremendously. Otherwise, you will spend years struggling financially and feeling like you are letting your family down. So get started and enjoy it.

It's ability to provide education at a lower cost.

It's ability to provide education at a lower cost.

If I were to go back and speak to myself as a senior, I would give myself this advice. Jennifer, start early thinking about what you want to do with your career, finances, and future. Plan early to receive scholarship money and make your situation more comfortable. Don't over extend your finances and keep level minded when spending money while in school. Remember to stay focused on your studies and choose wisely for extra-curricular fun.

Accessibility for all levels of learners.

Christine

If i could go back in time to my high school senior self i would say, Chrisitne, do not be worried about the status of the university you are going to attend. Just because a university is well known does not mean that it is right for you. You make your college experiences not the name of your university. That small school in the middle of no where named Edinboro University can hold the key to everything you ever wanted in life. There will be staff and faculty who really notice your hard work and go out of their way to take you under their wing. You will learn so much, academically, and life lessons as well. Take this experience by the head because you can really stand out as a leader here. Have confidence in your self and pay close attention to everything that happens around you. Time moves so fast. Things change, but you need to make the most of what is given to you while you can!

I believe the worst thing is that a lot of students who commute do not get involved on campus. I also think that people complain that nothing ever happens here but they are unwilling to participate in all the activities that are ocurring.

I believe any person who is willing to get involved or go out of their way to be active on campus should attend this university. There are a lot of chances to make a difference on this campus and be a student leader, but it will not be handed to you. Students must make the great things happen for themself using the resources that this university provides.

Angelo

My campus is aesthetic, filled with students willing to help each other.

My campus is aesthetic, filled with students willing to help each other.

I believe my school is best known for their education and art program. The art program is what brought me to Edinboro, its very hands-on however it is know push over.

Going back in time, one of the first things I would tell myself is to never settle for one group of friends because as time passes friends will come and go throughout college life. I would also advise myself to pay close attention to scheduling classes as well as the importance of scheduling early. This is something I believe should at least be reviewed in highschool, scheduling is one of those things in college that can make you or break you. One of the last things I would tell my highschool self is to stay focused on my goals and not to have too much fun. The social side of college can be very distracting, and if it isn't at first, it grows on you the more you visit new places or meet new people. That is why if I went back in time I would definitely break down time management as best I could and hope the younger me will absorb all of my advice.

Susan

Not Art Friendly, despite the majority percentage is that of Art Students.

Not Art Friendly, despite the majority percentage is that of Art Students.

It was best known for Education, Nursing, and Art.

I would tell myself that every course in High School and College prepares you for what is outside the bubble that is college. I would say to myself that my work ethic becomes a habit, so I should practice it in my studies. I would say that I would choose Edinboro all over again, but I would start off with the career I dream of, instead of what my family told me to go into. I would say that I should start searching for jobs that would lead to a career BEFORE I leave college.

magalie

As a single mother of two kids, returning to school was a very challenging yet fullfilling experience. I was new to the city, and had to start over with my life from scratch. Returning back to school became the best option for me at the time, although the idea that I would be older than most of my classmates haunted me. As I transitioned into a student, I began to realize how valuable education is. It provided an opportunity for me to find myself, advance in life, and also allowed me to provide my kids with a positive example. I have always instilled in my kids the importance of education, and wanted to lead by example. After finally aquiring my AA degree at Valencia Community College, I decided to continue and enrolled in UCF, where I am majoring in Psychology. College experience has taught me that I can do anything that I put my mind to, the importance of family and friends, to be more openminded, to appreciate diversity, and most importantly, that it is never too late to continue or pursue your education.

Lacey

Edinboro University is an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, one-on-one sized school that provides equal opportunities to all it's students.

My classmates are unique, diverse individuals that have a wide range of talents, strengths, and possbilities.

My college experience opened me up to a world of oppurtunity and diversity that I never knew existed. The people I have met, the professors that personally helped me understand, and the way I see myself growing every day are parts of college I will never let go of. The future of our society rests in the hands of today's youth. I see college not only as an obligation, but a way to acheieve personal goals, take ahold of the future, and play my part in making it the best it could possibly be. I would not give these days back for anything. I have already learned so much about myself and others that the value of my college education could only grow from here.

Katie

The most valuable college experience that I have received is the feeling of dedication and perseverance, through the pursuance of my personal goal. Not only do I wish to obtain a college degree, I wish to do so without any debt, and thus far I have succeeded in paying for my first 64 credits. This has taken incredible commitment because not only have I gone to school full time, I have been working as close to full time as I can get. I have also made incredible sacrifices since I graduated high school by attending college for seven consecutive semesters, including summer semesters. In the past, I have been known to make various crafts and sell them at local craft fairs, on top of collecting over 5,000 soda cans in order to help pay for college. The last seven months have also been more trying due to the fact that I have been homeless; however I refuse to stop attending college. The last two years may have brought me through a roller coaster of emotions but it has taught me the most important lesson of all, sometimes you have to do the imaginable in order to make your goals.

Victoria

Many people at Edinboro are friendly and willing to help if there are questions.

I have proven to myself that I am smart and independent. Before I went to college I pictured myself as as average student and a person who was afraid to go out on her own. The first couple of weeks at school were tough. However once I found some friends and got into a routine, it made all the difference. I got better grades than I had expected at the beginning of the year. Also I have become the Vice President of Campus Crusde for Christ. Now I can look at myself with confince. Before college, I was unsure of myself and had low self-esteem, but with some perseverance I have grown in confidence with grades and my personality.

The worst thing would probably be how large the campus is. Walking across the campus in the winter is pretty tough. However, I love how big the campus is because there are so many opportunities right at your fingertips.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.