Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Kathleen

Out of my college exprience so far I would say I have gotten the expereince and direction to know where I want to go and how to get there. I've also elarned how to balance my time and my money and to understand people. I have also discovered a sense of personal pride and growth and found a drive to make grades better because I've learned I can do better than just 'get by' with the grades that say pass in an average way. I've gotten the drive to be more than average, to want more than average, and to try to be and do better than 'average'. My college expereince up to this point has driven me to strive to be better than I was and to grow away from what I was and more towards what I will be, whether I know what that is, at this time, or not. The value of attending isn't so much what I learned in class, although that is important, but in what I learned about myself interacting with people outside of my normal comfort zone.

Looking back on my first semester of college I can now understand what our teachers were trying to tell us, ?this is the start of our future.? At the time I thought it sounded like it had come from a hallmark card. After sitting through my first lecture though I really started to see that I was expected to know and be able to do certain things in classes to succeed. I panicked. How was I going to write seven pages or how to remember where the pancreas was? It meant I had to study harder than I had before. No more studying the night before a test. Once I got a hang of how to study and when to start studying things started to click. I was able to really comprehend what my teacher was teaching and able to use what I had learned outside of class. I felt confident enough to raise my hand and answer questions. I may not be sure where I will be twenty years from now but I have a feeling that if I stick to school and find something I?m good at and like doing I?ll be great wherever I am.

Great, affordable school!

Great, affordable school!

I had a wonderful experience at Edinboro University. The professors helped me to complete my degree, explore careers and graduate schools, and guided me on to a further degree. The friends I have made there will remain close to me forever!

This school is located in a small town. It is very quaint, but the amount of things to do can be limited.

Monique

What i have got out of my college experiance is deligence. How to truely work hard for something and what it's like to be on my own.

A person who lives by, knows, and understand that it's not the school you go to it's what you do at that school that counts.

I brag about how great my dorm room is and what a great christian chior they have that i sing in.

Kaitlyn

So far in my first year I have changed greatly. I have become outgoing and am able to talk to random people and make new connections. I have been a member of the honors program so I get to do community service and have to keep my grades up. I have learned so much and have realized interests in areas that I would never have thought I would like. It has been valuable to attend because I am able to do so much more for myself and have become greatly independant.

This school is not known for its academic. Not a lot of smart people come here and a lot flunk out. There are also students in wheelchairs everywhere so patience is neccessary. A lot of the advisor are crazy and they may lead you in the wrong direction becasause they have no idea what they are doing.

A person that is not in an honors atudent. People that are nursing or speech-language pathology majors should come here because there are really good programs for those majors here. You need to be outgoing and be able to live in a town that doesn't really have a lot to do and has a lot of snow in the winter.

Linda

I have just started my college experience, and even though it has been an up hill battle with my financial hurdles It has also been exciting. I never thought I was good enough to go to school or that I would ever amount to anything. When My sister passed away it made me realize that life is too short so I decided after exploring my options to apply for college. It has been such an awarding experience so far. The education and skills I am receiving and will continue to receive are priceless. Knowing that after I graduate the opportunities I will have to experience a better life for myself is the greatest gift I could ask for. I am so excited for what the future brings. With out this opportunity to attend college and the experiences i've had while attending, I would have never been able to become the better person I want and know I can be. I believe in my heart that my education is one of the most valuable things I can have, and I thank God everyday for continuing to open those doors for me. It's the best decision I've ever made.

Monica

Unique, umm... It's cheap and close to home, not sure that makes it unique but I guess it may qualify?!?

So far, I have gotten quite a bit out of my college experience. I went to a very small high school and have been able to meet a wide variety of people. I beleive college has given me great social skills. It has taught me that you have to be resposible and show up for class, and pay attention. I am paying for my schooling all by myself and I want to get in, get out, and get going with my career! It overall has really taught me how to be a mature adult!

Communication. No one ever seems to want to return my e-mails or phone calls!!

Blake

First thing that i would tell myself is to find different roommates! You can't trust people that you dont know and you should be warry of people. Secondly you need to work harder and save up more money. Also go and apply for more scholarships. Life is hard out in the real world but you are strong and will survive. Fight for anything and everything to advance yourself.

Shaquala

I would just tell myself that going to college isn't all about fun and having a good time. Make sure that you study and work hard so that you will be sucessful and willing to due what ever means nessesary so you can graduate and get your degree. It is going to be hard but you are going to have to get through it by being foucs and prepared.

I really wish i would have known about all the snow that Edinboro's gets during the winter..

I think that any kind of person should attened this school but, if you don't like the snow then my suggestion is try and find a different school.

Brandon

Entering Edinboro University, one will immediately notice the unique bond developed among students. Similar to that of a family, through academic integrity and friendship, students and faculty alike share an uncommon connection. In addition to this comfort, Edinboro offers a large source of inspiration to promote uniqueness, variety, diversity, and pursuit of one's dreams. Musically and artistically inclined, students can tap this source by simply observing the products of their fellow's creative ingenuity.

As I approach my younger, naive self, I extend a friendly smile and handshake in preparation for my well-informed lecture. My extensive experience in the workforce and college has surely granted me the ability to convince any youngster of the life-lasting benefits of continued education. As my experiences, insights, achievements, and advice stream from my mouth as fresh water does from a pitcher, I realize the expression of my former self is all but somber and displaced. Apprehensive and stubborn in adolescence, I was never the type to be swayed by anyone- likely even my future self. If I would discuss options for the future with my past self, I would simply say, "Continue on your path, your experiences and judgment will guide you to greater heights". This is precisely the epitome of my story- many tried to convince me to continue my education, but my own life experiences were the deciding factor. There is no doubt in my mind that even my enlightened self would not be able to convince the younger me- nor would I despair at the failure. My success today exists only because I achieved it after laying a foundation of life-changing experiences.

In my experience, I have taken a couple professors who are 'less-than-admirable' in terms of ethical choices, consistency, and fairness. In addition to this, while my school's prices are among the most affordable, it is still incredibly difficult to maintain my attendance- without parental support, even the cheapest college can cripple a working student.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.