Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

The worst thing about Edinboro University is the limited space for seating in required courses. It is good that we had a good student to teacher status however with the increase amount of students at the school each year it is hard to grab a seat for all the required classes you may need during the semester and times you may desire them to be. I wish at lease they could schedule more courses for classes need with problem with trying to overload in a class, or not being able to take the class at all.

The surrounding envoiorment was very bland .. it took about 20 mins to get to the nearsest mall, and the fun only lasted there for a little while. The camous was quite at night and on the weekends with not of alot of activitys going on. The weather there was terrible, it snowed alomst everyday and we did not get one snow day. There would be at least 3 feet of snow outside every week, and it was very cold and windy. By the time spring rolled around it was pretty but the winter was bad.

The state of the residence halls, which go hand-in-hand with the meal plan. Residence Halls here have been shoddy for years, with broken furniture, dirty rooms, graffiti, broken kitchens, etc. The meal plan is also a rip-off, they charge you nearly $8 for a meal, and you have to pay extra for your drink. Oh, and you can only eat in certain time periods of the day to designate it as a "meal," or else you have to use your "flex."

Students here tend to be apathetic and unmotivated. In my department (Broadcast Journalism), courses do not even begin to approach being adequate to prepare a student to take a job in this highly competitive field. Despite the fact that we have a fairly well-equipped 3000-watt campus radio station, it' usually poorly managed and reflects poorly upon the communications department and the community at large.

Iam not fond of the Residence Life and Housing I think it is stupid that they match you up with random people and only two days after moving in are you allowed to move out, you dont even know the person and you only have a week to move. I think it is ridiculous that the Residence Life will not let you out of a contract even if a student is okay with paying the money. THey are not accomidating at all.

What I don't like is that there isn't enough funding for the Arts. My school doesn't have the money for better equipment in the film and animation studios, the only way they are able to replace parts is by student studio fees every semester but it's still not enough. We need the money to be able to learn new computer software and to compete with other colleges.

In my experience, I have taken a couple professors who are 'less-than-admirable' in terms of ethical choices, consistency, and fairness. In addition to this, while my school's prices are among the most affordable, it is still incredibly difficult to maintain my attendance- without parental support, even the cheapest college can cripple a working student.

The worst thing about this school is the lack of activities outside of campus. Set in a small town, the social activities are limited, as well as employment opportunities. With the number of students increasing, while the town around campus does not, it is difficult to reign in a convenient job while attending school full-time.

I believe the worst thing is that a lot of students who commute do not get involved on campus. I also think that people complain that nothing ever happens here but they are unwilling to participate in all the activities that are ocurring.

A lot of classes are only offered once a year or there aren't enough classes to fill students needs. Graduation is pushed back for non traditional students who can't afford to quit a job to attend full time or have children at home.