Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Out of my college exprience so far I would say I have gotten the expereince and direction to know where I want to go and how to get there. I've also elarned how to balance my time and my money and to understand people. I have also discovered a sense of personal pride and growth and found a drive to make grades better because I've learned I can do better than just 'get by' with the grades that say pass in an average way. I've gotten the drive to be more than average, to want more than average, and to try to be and do better than 'average'. My college expereince up to this point has driven me to strive to be better than I was and to grow away from what I was and more towards what I will be, whether I know what that is, at this time, or not. The value of attending isn't so much what I learned in class, although that is important, but in what I learned about myself interacting with people outside of my normal comfort zone.

I would tell myself that I'm not stupid. While my classmates were going out partying, doing drugs, and drinking obsessively. I was always in my bedroom, surrounded by an array of shiny new hardbacks. I always thought I was stupid for choosing to do that rather than being a regular teenager. Crawling out my bedroom window and catching a ride with my friends. Dancing with boys in a skirt way too short to even be called appropriate. Instead, on saturday nights, it was just me, myself and I. I never did these things in high school and I'm glad I didn't. I studied my butt off and graduated with successful grades. I'm proud that I was never like my classmates. I'm very mature for my age and an education comes first for me. I wish I could tell the girl sitting in high school that its okay to read. To fill your head with information and beautiful stories. Not being like everyone else doesn't mean you're stupid but authentic.

If i could go back in time to my high school senior self i would say, Chrisitne, do not be worried about the status of the university you are going to attend. Just because a university is well known does not mean that it is right for you. You make your college experiences not the name of your university. That small school in the middle of no where named Edinboro University can hold the key to everything you ever wanted in life. There will be staff and faculty who really notice your hard work and go out of their way to take you under their wing. You will learn so much, academically, and life lessons as well. Take this experience by the head because you can really stand out as a leader here. Have confidence in your self and pay close attention to everything that happens around you. Time moves so fast. Things change, but you need to make the most of what is given to you while you can!

I think that you need to apply to at least three different schools, narrow down from the schools you want to go to and then apply to them. Once you are accepted really read into your major area of study and extra curriculars you want to participate in. Then go on a tour. I can not stress enough how important it is to tour the campus, you will feel it when you get there whether you will hate it or like it. I went to a tour at a different college and from the second i stepped out of the car i was realized it was going to be a waste of time and as the tours started i could just feel that i didnt want to go to school there. Apply for scholarships even if you dont think you'll get them because you might and it's worth it. College is never a bad idea. even if you don't complete your schooling you still learn from teh experience and if you do you will end up with a great career.

Never give up the idea of college. Keep your head up and prepare yourself to have ultimate freedom to indulge in the concept of discovering myself and discovering things that are not their for me to experience where i live. Don't just get a job because its easier than trying to get into college. You will excel and experience things and open your mind to an entire other world. To not be so introverted. Open up, make friends and stay focused on your education and the changes you want to make in the world once you are out of college. Remember that you want to make a difference and make connections you need to reach out and get involved in all that you can. Focus on your schooling and find what attracts you and motivates you. The transition is easy. Be the idepedent woman that you have always been and continue to be. Use the advice always given to you. Let your wings soar.

I would tell myself to get more involved in college from the very beginning. It is beneficial to get involved in activities that you enjoy and believe in from the start of college so you can make the transition easier and make lifelong friends. I would also tell myself that it is important to know what you believe, have goals, and follow through with them so you know what you believe in and stay strong in those beliefs. They will help you through alot of hard and frustrating times. I would, lastly, tell myself not to stress about the little things and not stress too much about the big things. Everything that is suppose to be will work out in the end so there is no reason to stress and worry about anything that needs to happen or get done. It will get done in time, just push through everything. And remember to have fun and make memories. They will last a lifetime.

I f I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to work myself to death as I did. In my senior year I took two AP classes, a college course, and the rest advanced classes. In my mind, I was going to make myself a better college student. I was going to study all of the time and do well on every single quiz or exam. However, that is not quite how it turned out. I ended up working myself too hard. Now that I am in college, I know that studying and doing my homework necessary and helpful, however, you need time to let yourself breathe. Because I took on too many challenges my senior year, my grades and GPA suffered. If I had slowed down, I could have prepared myself for college a bit more. I would have walked into my freshman year knowing that all-nighters are not only bad on test scores, but bad on me as a person.

Going back in time, one of the first things I would tell myself is to never settle for one group of friends because as time passes friends will come and go throughout college life. I would also advise myself to pay close attention to scheduling classes as well as the importance of scheduling early. This is something I believe should at least be reviewed in highschool, scheduling is one of those things in college that can make you or break you. One of the last things I would tell my highschool self is to stay focused on my goals and not to have too much fun. The social side of college can be very distracting, and if it isn't at first, it grows on you the more you visit new places or meet new people. That is why if I went back in time I would definitely break down time management as best I could and hope the younger me will absorb all of my advice.

I would tell myself that everything doesn't just come to you, that you actually have to make things happen. Also, just to appreciate every single thing you have or have been given because those things can be gone the next day. NEver take anything for granted and always do your work and you will get ahead. Don't ever talk behind someone's back because you never know who is listening. Everybody listens to your business but when you have a problem, no one can be found. In most cases, your true best friends aren't who you think they are so just be careful and have fun. Live a little and love a lot. NEver trust someone outside of your family and never stay mad at someone who doesn't deserve it. High school years will teach you a lot about people and a lot about yourself you never knew and college will help you discover these things even more.

As an upcoming college sophmore, my advice to a perspective student on finding the right college is to make sure you stay ahead of the game. Use your local or school library to find books on colleges and universities, visit college websities and take virtual tours of the school, and most importantly, take advantage of the resources at your high school such as your advisors. They will not bite. They will gladly assist you in finding scholarships that "fit" you and also college fairs in your area. This will narrow down your selection and also make you more comfortable and knowledgeable in what you want in a school. As for making the most of your college experience, get involved. Joining a sport, club, sorority, fraternity, or school organization will gurantee you to become less homesick and more prone to friendships and tones of fun.