Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would tell her to keep her grades up and try not to let our grandmother's death cause her to make some of the regrettable decisions that I did. I would tell her that taking a year off before going back to school is necessary to pulling herself together and realizing how badly we need to go to school. I would tell her that while all of this college stuff is overwhelming, you aren't the only one dealing with it and you'll make friends in your sorority who will help you deal with the stress. I would tell her to not take things too seriously and enjoy the little things because it only gets harder. Most of all though, I would tell that no matter what you must keep your head up and remain positive. Depression is curable. You will get better, things will get better. Just stay strong.

Okay, hmmm… so, you’re not even fazed by a visit from a time-travelling, future version of yourself. You’re always playing it so cool. You forget that it doesn’t work on me. I know you. I know that beneath that placid demeanor, there lies a tumultuous current of fear. That fear cannot be diminished by side-stepping it. It is diminished, quite simply, by moving forward. Move one step toward the positive opportunities available to you. Just take one more step towards your happy destiny, then another. Go to college, you will discover yourself there. You will find that which makes your heart sing. You will forget your fear, and you will let yourself soar. College will set you free, if you let it. You start with that first step, then you… Make friends. Be honest. Be a friend. Work hard. Make yourself proud. Make yourself.

I would say that all state schools offer the same quality of education. The only difference is the campus. Find the campus and the weather conditions that fit your personality. And about making the most out of college experience? Obviously school work is #1 priority, but your social life is more important than some people think. Find your scene of people by going to frat parties, or through campus activities, but you need to be happy and fit in your group of friends. Don't get frustrated if it takes you even up to a year to find friends that are simular to you. Bottom line, an individual needs to be able to balance work with play, and for once, your on your own to make that decision. Over all college is an experience in itself, just make sure your grades are up to par.

To find the right college some real research is needed. Knowing what you what to study and what you want out of your education are also key. To make the most of a college experience it in very important to be comfortable. Comfortable going to a school far from home and with no one you know can be tough on some students, as well as staying close to home so really sit down and discuss what you want. Be prepared when you go to college, have plans set up to ensure you have enough study time and can avoid getting caught up partying and too many extracirricular activities. Most important, make sure you're ready to go to college, if you need some time to travel or persue some need, it's not a bad idea to do that as long as you stay focused and remain prepared to go back.

To be quite honest, I wasn't a hard worker in my first year and a half of college which led to me taking time off. But now that I've taken time off I have come to realize the importance of school and what I did wrong and what I did right while I was attending school. It's about teaching myself to do what I don't want to do. There were days when I didn't want to do anything for school, but it's teaching myself things such as discipline and determination that are things that professors can't teach, but hope that their students develop. I am excited to go back to school and plan on being even more determined and even more disciplined as ever. Those are the things that make college valuable, the things that can't necessarily be taught, but developed over time.

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would remind myself that I only go to college once. I would encourage myself to give 110% both academically and athletically and never hold anything back. If you follow your heart and always give your all, you will never have regrets. During the transition to college, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy! I am a strong enough person and will transition smoothly. Make lifelong friends, let people get to know the real me, form relationships with faculty, strive for a 4.0, leave everything on the soccer field, be a role model on and off the field, and enjoy every minute of college life because you can never go back and relive it! College is the time of your life; take pictures, laugh often, and work hard!

when it comes to finding it take your time. visit the campus because the schools i thought i really wanted to go to, once i went to the campus i didnt like it at all. so if i had jumped to a decision i could have been stuck in a place a really didnt like at all. check out the facilities especially if you are an athlete because that was a real turn off for me for some schools. make sure you get out and meet people. once i let my self meet knew people i had the time of my life and met some of the best friends i have. keep in touch with your family. no matter how fustrating school can become or how busy you feel you may be. make sure you keep in touch with your family because if you damage relationships wile your away it can really hurt you in the end.

Start early and go with your gut instinct. Helps to know what you want to do so you don't have to change your major. KNow that you want to go to college, don't just go because its the next step. Its a lot of money no matter where you go so go where you want to go. Parents, stay out of it. This is a huge decision for your child and they dont need eight million peopoe given them their own opinion when theirs is the only one that matters. Let your students do what they want and guide them toward what they like not you. Be open to your childs interests. It costs money no matter what just be happy. Spend 50000 dollars and be sad and miserable or spend 80000 and have the time of your life. Either way you have loans to pay for in the long run. :)

I would tell them to start looking for a college once they entered high school and start applying for scholarships as soon as they can. Make sure you choose a school not because your friend is going there, but because it?s the school that best suites you. Do research on the school, and if possible visit the campus and talk to staff and current students and make sure to ask lots of questions and take notes. And when in college keep an open mind about campus clubs, so you can get to know a variety of people and start networking. Don?t be afraid to talk to professors, they are there to help you. What I?ve learned in my college career is that it?s not hard, just very time consuming. So study, always ask questions and smile.

If i could go back in time to being a highschool senior, the best advice i could give my self would be make sure i get my grades up and join a sports team try to get a scholarship. College is no different from highschool and it's all about applying yoruself and making the effort. I did pretty bad in highschool but now avg a 3.0 gpa in college. The only problem is finiacial aid instead of having to pay back loans when i graduate i would love to be able to walk away with a degree and no bills. So advicing myself to do good for my senior year or join a sport and try to get sometype of scholarship would be the only advice ic ould give myself, besides do not attend Edinboro university , its pretty boring and cold.