Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Absolutely the number one thing to do is a tour! Check the campus out, check out the dorms, ALL of them not just the ones they show you on the guided tour because most likely they will show you the nice new ones, and freshman are usually stuck in the old ones. After the guided tour walk around by yourself and explore, go to a sporting event or sit in on a class. Also make sure that what you want to major is offered and make sure that it is a good program. Schools with large general education programs take up alot of your time and money. Lastly once you get to college, don't go home for one month. It may seem hard, but going home alot at the begining will make you miss out on alot of what college is. Good Luck.

If i were able to go back to high schooll and talk to myself when I was a senior I would tell myself not to wait to go to college and make the best of the opportunity to learn and make a life for my future. I am twenty five now and knowning now the time I have waisted not knowing what I wanted to do with my life and thought college was a waste of time. I would also let myself know that you don't necessarily have to know what you want to major in once you start college. I would tell myself to take a couple of classes of interest and figure out from there what was best and most interesting to myself. The last thing I would tell myself would be having a career is more rewarding and secure for a stable future.

Students looking for a college to enroll in should research a number of different schools and visit as many of them as they can. Parents should be very supportive with what their children are doing. Prospective students should choose a school that has the best academic programs for the field of study that they plan on getting into. Find an atmosphere that you feel comfortable in; you will be spending a lot at college. Try and contact some faculty members and talk with them to see how accommodating they can be. Finally when you get to college make it a point to meet as many people as you can. Be open-minded to other peoples views, and enjoy life because the next four years go fast.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to choose an in-state college. I am not learning that there are many more scholarship opportunities to students who chose a college in they state they live in. After preparing for my first year of college, I have spent a lot of money on books and many other living necessities. Now as I plan to take classes over the summer and in the fall 2012 semster I am finding it difficult to pay for these expenses. I will be working over the summer, but I do not think it will be enough to make a difference in my college bills. I amreally hoping to get as much financial help as I possibly can.

My college experience opened me up to a world of oppurtunity and diversity that I never knew existed. The people I have met, the professors that personally helped me understand, and the way I see myself growing every day are parts of college I will never let go of. The future of our society rests in the hands of today's youth. I see college not only as an obligation, but a way to acheieve personal goals, take ahold of the future, and play my part in making it the best it could possibly be. I would not give these days back for anything. I have already learned so much about myself and others that the value of my college education could only grow from here.

I would advise anyone to choose a school of smaller size because i feel that the opportunity to learn more is greater at a University that doesn't have 300 people in each classroom. I would also advise them to pick a University that has many degree fields because i have found that changing your mind with regards to your own future career path is very real. Also, picking a school that is relatively inexpensive will help you not to get bogged down mentally as you get closer to graduation. Choosing a school that is close to where you grew up i believe is also important because it helps the transition process from high school to college.

I have proven to myself that I am smart and independent. Before I went to college I pictured myself as as average student and a person who was afraid to go out on her own. The first couple of weeks at school were tough. However once I found some friends and got into a routine, it made all the difference. I got better grades than I had expected at the beginning of the year. Also I have become the Vice President of Campus Crusde for Christ. Now I can look at myself with confince. Before college, I was unsure of myself and had low self-esteem, but with some perseverance I have grown in confidence with grades and my personality.

A major part of life deals with the relationships and interaction with other people. If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition now I would tell my self not to worry so much about my grades. Yes, academics are important and should be taken seriously. Yet, being involved in activities outside of the classroom is equally as important, and through the process I could learn more about myself. Fulfillment with in my social interactions would contribute to leading myself into a satisfying and successful first college year experience.

If I could go back to my high school self I would tell myself to just breathe. Take a minute out of my day and just breathe. That all the stressing out and anxiety attacks are not needed because it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I would especially tell myself that no matter what you'll always end up figuring it out with any problem, it may take a hot second or a couple months but in the end you'll figure something out. One last thing I'd make sure to say is to always put your mental health first, because no test, homework, or grade is more important than your own mental health.

I would tell myself to not be influenced by my parents' opinions or to do something just to make them happy. I would tell myself to follow a path that leads me to what I want to do in the future. I would encourage myself to get involved on campus right away. It opens up so many opportunities to make life-long friends and ways to keep yourself busy. Academically, I would tell myself to make myself known to professors by participating in class more because this helps with future references and they are the best people to ask about information for a career you want to pursue.