Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Going back in time I would advise myself to continue studying hard, maintaining my grades, and to stay involved with activities throughout the transition. Other advise would definitly be to apply for as many scholarship funds and grants as possible to make life easier once in college so I would not have to juggle two jobs, tuition costs, books, and housing costs. I would definitly appreciate all of the hard work of the teachers at my old highschool because they prepared me for what was to come and i would be greatly thankful for all of their time and help.

I would tell myself to not sweat the small things such as making friends. That will come with time and as I get involved. I would also tell myself that several years down the road, I would feel prepared to enter the workforce in about a year and have great connections with the university in many ways. In addition, I would reassure myself after 5 roommates later, I have one of my good friends as my roommate and it makes everything so much easier. Lastly, I would tell myself that it goes much faster than high school ever did, so enjoy it while I am here.

I think parents and students really need to do a thorough search of school before choosing the right one. They should look for things like which majors have the most funding, how accessable teachers and advisors are, and how advanced the technology on campus is. My only advice for making the most of a college experience is to get involved. Join a club. It doesn't matter what kind of club it is, every club works. It is the easiest way to make life long friends that share the same interests and ideas. Friends are what make college.

I would tell myself that he should rethink the options and plan more. If the degree is worth it or not, if the expense is worth the education. I would tell myself to study hard no matter what my senior self decided. A lesson learned is a gained. Whatever plans my past self decided, whether it would change anything or not, I would still gain experience and become more cultural shaped individual. It's not like we are doomed if we make some mistakes. Transfer, figure out something else if your not happy, there's always options.

Start immediately and don't be so afraid of college. It may seem like you'll be at it for years to come, but the time flies and it is SO much better than high school. The independence is wonderful and so is the feeling that you are working towards a really amazing goal. You will have a family to support and a college education will enrich your life and that of your children tremendously. Otherwise, you will spend years struggling financially and feeling like you are letting your family down. So get started and enjoy it.

My experience has been very valuable to me 1st and for all I have learned CPR, and how to help a choking person from adults to children. I value that experience the most because I could help others including my infant: Jordan Moussa. he is my son and I love that I could help him when time comes with basic life support, airway, and choking problems that I might face in my life time. I also would like to join the fire departement one day because I like to help others and help the community and serve my city.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about what i know now and how to make the transition, i would start by telling myself to save my money. College is not cheap and i wish i would have realized how hard it is financially before I came. I would also consider the fact that having a roommate isn't as easy as it may seem. I knew my roommate from highschool and its more awkward than i thought it might be. The rooms are small and there is almost no privacy, not knowing that beforehand makes it harder now.

if you want to go somewhere far away, do it your freshman year. you can always transfer closer to home next year. definitely party hearty, but keep up with your school work too. make sure you make friends with people you like and don't get sucked into attaching yourself to people just because you're scared you won't make any other friends. and parents, your babies are growing up, if you want to keep them save, you should have locked them in the basement instead of pushed them toward higher education.

I have learned a lot about myself, my work ethic, and also a lot about chemistry and biology. My major is Biology-Premed, so learning about biology and chemistry is very interesting to me. I have learned that I need to study more, and work harder in order to stay ahead. I have also learned that I am a very competitive person, who detests failing. Attending college has been valuable because it has taught me several life-lessons, along with preparing me for a career as a pediatrician in the future.

Don't rush in blindly!!! College is supposed to be the best time of your life and you should be sure that you're up to the challenge. I immediately rushed in and signed up because it was what was expected of me. I chose my 1st school because it was supposed to be the "best in the area", not because it suited me or my needs. Now I'm trying again 10 years later and I like to think I'm finally ready to have the "best time of my life" because by now I know I've EARNED the privledge.