Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to only look at private universities. Private universities have more money to offer their to their students, so that way they are not so far in debt. I won't lie, college life is hard and not knowing anyone at a university makes it even harder, so pick a university where maybe a few friends are going, but not all of your high school graduating class. That way, you will always have someone to talk to or study with if you need them.

I would tell myself that every course in High School and College prepares you for what is outside the bubble that is college. I would say to myself that my work ethic becomes a habit, so I should practice it in my studies. I would say that I would choose Edinboro all over again, but I would start off with the career I dream of, instead of what my family told me to go into. I would say that I should start searching for jobs that would lead to a career BEFORE I leave college.

So far in my first year I have changed greatly. I have become outgoing and am able to talk to random people and make new connections. I have been a member of the honors program so I get to do community service and have to keep my grades up. I have learned so much and have realized interests in areas that I would never have thought I would like. It has been valuable to attend because I am able to do so much more for myself and have become greatly independant.

From attending college here in Denver, I have found that I want more in my life than what is held beyond college doors. Im actually wanting to transfer to Penn State University, where I feel that I can achieve my Bacholers Degree in Forensic Science. After attending school and college and retrieve medical lisences, I have discovered a continued path in my life through school where I can achieve and accomplish not just dreams, but my future and what will be.

So far, I have gotten quite a bit out of my college experience. I went to a very small high school and have been able to meet a wide variety of people. I beleive college has given me great social skills. It has taught me that you have to be resposible and show up for class, and pay attention. I am paying for my schooling all by myself and I want to get in, get out, and get going with my career! It overall has really taught me how to be a mature adult!

I can offer no better advice to parents and students searching for a college than the following. First and foremost , decide what you want to do in college , no , I don't mean just coursework , but what you want to do . Second , decide how much debt you're willing to incur in the course of your education. And finally ,climate , if you can't stand the climate of the area of the country where your school is , you'll be miserable no matter what .

If I were to go back and speak to myself as a senior, I would give myself this advice. Jennifer, start early thinking about what you want to do with your career, finances, and future. Plan early to receive scholarship money and make your situation more comfortable. Don't over extend your finances and keep level minded when spending money while in school. Remember to stay focused on your studies and choose wisely for extra-curricular fun.

I hope there is a change in the school. Ever since we got our new President tradition has gone out the window, and that's what this school is all about. Not to mention there needs to be more activities to get us in the community, and to allow us to make friends, if there isn't a oppurtunity then it won't happen people will stick with what is confortable for them. So there for I really like this survey and I hope it has an impact.

When you go into college, never give up and continue to do all that you can to succeed. Make sure you go to all of your classes, only miss them when it is necessary. Don't drop any of your classes, because you'll slowly get through college, and it could take years before you have the right amount of credits to graduate. So, again, never give up and continue to try your hardest and when you need help; ask.

The advice that I would give myself is to be more confident in your choices. I was wearing about going to Edinboro at first as I doubted my choice in the school. The first semester was not even over when I knew I made the right choice in this school. They are accepting of everyone and every culture and do not judge, so I had nothing to fear about choosing them. I could not be happier at another school.