Piqua, OH
Edison State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edison State Community College

Kira

I love this college and I truly do dread leaving and transferring to a University. It is such a beautiful campus and such an amazing community. This school truly makes you feel involved and feel the want to be involved within it. The school has such good professors and they are always there to help you when you have questions or are unsure of what is needed for an assignment.

Samuel

The college is very clean and well kept up. It is just a community college, so everything is small; though coming from a small school, I appreciate it. I did not personally play the sports there, though I have relatives that did, and they enjoyed the small scale of it.

I love Southwest Florida State College! The teachers help you along your path. Every professor I had has taught me something that has helped me make my growth in the world. I've been to another school, and I am so happy I transfer. Plus the advisors here helped me figured out what direction to go and how to stay on track. For a State College, its amazing!

kessa

Edison was a great college. I attended there as a dual-enrollment student my senior year and was actually considering continuing my education there after graduating, but chose a different school instead. I always felt safe and the food was great. The professors there were okay, some better than others. Overall, its a good place to attend.

Thabita

Only good for low tuition... graduated IB/Summa Cum Laude/Cum Laude, still didn't qualify for financial aid... Changing the name did not change the school, it still has a LOT of work to do, especially admissions... hard to get a hold on an advisor. most students attend as a bridge/obtain credits to a greater/better university... Exhaust all over options before wasting your time, money, and energy here.. save yourself the headache

Patricia

Edison State Community College is a small community of students working towards their future careers, most of which are just going there to save money before transferring out to a 4 year school. Overall there isn't much to do around campus and until you find your own group of people to hang out with. It you are outgoing, this shouldn't be hard as you see the same people every single day.

Kristy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would encourage younger me not to give up. Keep dreaming and fighting for your dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. You don't have to go to college, but if that is what you want, than do it. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but you can do it. Dream big but, be prepared to put in the work. There is nothing wrong with waiting to go to college, but sometimes it’s easy to get distracted. Set goals with reasonable times and do what has to be done to reach it. You are an individual, you have to find your own path. Just remember, you can do it!

The best thing about Edison is the facility. From the beginning of my experience with Edison, the facility and staff have been nothing short of amazing. Any concerns that I have had, whether the be personal or general, are always resolved in a very timely fashion. I feel like my opinion matters at Edison, which makes school feel so much more rewarding.

The worst thing about Edison, is the limited number of classes offered at their satellite campuses. When beginning my degree I was told I could complete the entirety of it in Darke County, this has not been the case.

Hayes

The faculty is great. Listen to the other students who have been at Edison for a while. They'll tell you which professors to take so you can get the best grades. Edison has a lot of really great resources available to students too. The library, Learning Center, and IT desk are all great resources that students have access to.

A lot of the classes are really small. Some even get canceled because there aren't enough students.

Robert

Edison Community College is a very good school that is close to home and has the atmosphere of a premium high school that makes me feel comfortable.

I would tell myself to take advantage of the PSEOP program that my high school had. That way I would have been able to take college courses and get credit for them while I was still in high school. Doing this would have given me an extra jump ahead in my college career. That is the advice that I would give myself.

I say that my two first years of college cost me very little because I went to a community college.

Justin

I for one would tell myself to be more active with school activities, because once I started to become involved in college, I became more comfortable. Also, I would tell myself to be more aware of the school's surroundings. If you do not make use of the resources on campus, you will not survive. With the amount of hard work involved and the diversity of the school, I would probably tell myself to be ready for a large change as well. I would tell myself that just because you earned high grades in high school, that does not guarantee anything in college. I would say that you cannot just cruise by, and that you have to work as hard as you can if you want to learn the material and succeed. Looking back, I feel these are the most important pieces of advice that I would give myself.

There are a couple of important aspects of Edsion Community College that I wish I would have known before enrolling in the school. First of all, I wish I had known what a college classroom was like and how much school-work would be involved. When I first arrived there, I was surprised by the diversity of age groups. It was alot different from high shcool. Also, I do not believe I have ever worked so hard in my life. I enjoy all of the work, but it took a couple weeks for me to get used the enhanced difficulty.

To attend Edison, a person should be prepared to exute their best work at all times. There are many demanding courses, and there is not time for slacking off. Also, I believe the student should be one who is ready to meet a variety of helpful people. There are a lot of resources available to the students if they are willing to be open to using them. Finally, I believe that it takes a person who is curious of their surroundings. A person who asks a lot of questions will be able to maximize their level of success at Edison.

Edison State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.