Piqua, OH
Edison State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edison State Community College

Kellie

Their ages range from 16-60, and their social status', incomes, personalities, and physical characteristics are just as varie...

Their ages range from 16-60, and their social status', incomes, personalities, and physical characteristics are just as varied.

During my senior year, I was not dedicated nearly enough to the college application and process as I should have been. If I were to do it over, I would follow the instructions of our advisors much more closely. I would take the ACT more than once, and I would begin applying to colleges at the beginning of the year instead of the end. I would take much more of an initiative in applying for scholarships as well, searching for and applying early on instead of waiting for the end of the year and summer. I would make a larger effort to have all of that accomplished before graduation. Trying to apply for scholarships, apply to colleges, and make all the necessary preparations for graduation at the same time is too much to do all at once. Finally, I would rely on my counselor more fully in applying to colleges and searching for scholarships.

I wish I had known more about the teachers at the college so that I could have been a little more selective, and I wish that I had known college was not as difficult and "scary" as I had always imagined it to be.

Ellie

My school is focused on helping people to reach their goals of higher education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about life after high school and the transition to college I would tell myself many things. First I would tell myself to become focused on my long term goals right away, not to goof around and end up doing things last minute. I would tell myself to become familiar with my college texts, and maybe ask other students about my professors and what they expect. I would tell myself to become aware of the programs and opportunities my college provides for me in the form of educational opportunities, clubs and organizations, and work opportunities. The last thing I would tell myself is to just breathe. I needed to be proud of myself and where I had gotten so far and that many great things were to come. College is another step in life that will take a little while to get used to, but in the end it would be completely worth it.

I wish I would have known that college in general is very different than high school. In some ways I have a lot more freedom, but in many ways I now have more responsibility and if I'm not responsible in the choices I make, such as turning in homework on time, following guidelines specifically, or being agressive in pursuing my own education, then the consequences are much greater than they were in high school. That is what I wish I had known.

Louis

Advice i would give myself would be to get a head start on anything that presents an opportunity. I would say, "take a risk for once in your life". Always keep your mind focused on success and don't get down on yourself for anything.

People that shouldn't attend this school are people that don't care and don't want to further their education to achieve higher learning.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the limited parking and long and cofusing hallways.

Edison State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.