Edmonds Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Edmonds Community College

Summer

My overall opinion of Edmonds Community College is good with a sprinkle of disappointment which stems directly from my experience as a student since Spring 2016 quarter. I was very involved in campus life and happenings behind the scenes in the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership office. There I met many of the campus employees, supporters, and students. This unique opportunity to be involved with the inner workings allowed me to feel right at home on campus. The only moment my experience with the college suffered was the moment that one of the instructors was expressing behaviors that very much so were that of a bully rather than a trusted mentor. I have decided not to continue with EdCC for the campus response was not one I found satisfactory. However, it is a beautiful campus and I met the most wonderful people while I was attending classes there.

Fine school, teachers can be quite biased about their opinions and don't always offer two sides to arguments. Otherwise, the teachers and staff seem to be as involved as they can be in students academic success and their lives. The campus seems dated slightly buildings are all in great shape. Good sports presence.

Travis

Edmonds Community College is a great school that offers a wide variety of programs, extra curricular activities and cultural diversity. The original reason I attended EDCC was for a Horticulture program that was not offered at any other community college. However, it just lead me wanting to get more involved with plants and I switched over to Biology. I could have switched to a closer community college with a more general major however, the schools well equipped facilities, high University transfer rate, cultural diversity and resources available to the students I decided to stay at the school even with an hour long commute in congested traffic.

Chentel

Instructors are hit and miss with a wide gap when it comes to quality. You will either get an instructor who is professional and you can tell knows their field well and fairly; or you will get someone who might know a little about it but doesn't seem to care about interactive learning, in depth learning, or show professionalism/field experience well and fairly. You will not get an in-between. There are no school wide events that all classes or sections attend to bring any school spirit, team work, etc. Any sports, or especially clubs, always feel very background and not encouraged or promoted well.

Armando

Great campus location along with very helpful staff, willing to help students succeed.

Hunter

Edmonds Community College is an amazing school and I love it here! They make it very easy to transfer over to a four year university and the staff are very helpful in that process. I live on campus and the housing facilities are great, I feel very well taken care of and safe on campus at all times.

Lindsey

Edmonds Community College has a lot of professors that care for their students and will help them succeed. Also I recommend going to this school to get your prerequisites done and to explore different opportunities if you don't know what you want to do yet.

Rhiana

Edmonds Community College is a really nice environment because class sizes are not too big, but not too small. The professors value student time and other priorities. The campus is easy to navigate and has a cafeteria for student in between classes.

morgan

I am a senior this year at Kamiak High School, but do Running Start as my main schooling at Edmonds Community. The environment and campus is nice and clean, and students are very dedicated to academics in the classroom. Obviously there are different professors and teaching styles, but I haven't had one non- interactive course while I've been attending the school. Meeting new people can be difficult considering it's community college, but there are a lot of different activities and sports to get involved in.

Marissa

Edmonds Community College is a great school, whether you are transferring into a four year school or in search of your associates degree. I have met a very diversified group of students from all over the globe. I've met a wonderful group of friends and love my teachers. I would definetly recommend this school to others.

It has a fairly comfortable, even homey feel to me. There are some parts here and there that could do with some updating, but overall they do a good job maintaining/updating it. Also, the history/international studies teachers are really good! The cafeteria isn't too bad either - lots of variety. The on-campus housing is great! A very new building, with a pool table/rec area. The off-campus housing is some townhomes that the college owns.

fatou

i feel like i can work hard there

Lamija

I enjoy being a student at Edmonds Community College because the tuition cost is reasonable (with payment plans available which makes it easier for financially struggling students), the classes come with knowledgeable teachers that make it clear that they are available if students have any questions, the college promotes diversity and includes anyone and everyone, and the workload is not overwhelming. I would recommend this college to anybody.

Karla

My overall opinion about Edmonds Community College is that this college is an amazing school to attend too. There are a variety of opportunities students can choose from academic wise and different groups they can choose as well. Edmonds is a school where you can feel safe and all the teachers and staff will help you find what you are looking for, being comfortable around the campus and being able to live a happy, successful life. We also have great sports team here, where every athlete works extra hard on the field/court and in the classroom as well. Edmonds Community College is the school students should attend too because they will help you financially, physically and mentally.

Audrey

Edmonds Community College has a nice cafeteria, and the restaurant they have that is run by students is also super tasty. The food is well priced and very reasonable in taste for the price and portions we are receiving. The instructors are great too.

Viliyam

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word "Edmonds Community College" is diversity. This college is extremely diverse in terms of international students and locals. There may be as many as over hundred different cultures at this college but that's what makes it wonderful. Every quarter, you meet new faces and that one quarter might just be the one where you meet your best friend for life.

Kukuiokalani

Edmonds Community College encourages students to succeed. They involve students in their community, and connects students with industry leaders to help bridge graduates into careers. The instructors keep regular office hours, and most seem to genuinely care about their students. As a community college, there are some sports and activities to participate in, but mostly it's a place for individual study.

Mariah

For a community college, Edmonds is great. I would definitely recommend for those who want to achieve their Associate's degree. It's a wonderful stepping stone to prepare for a University or a better career. The atmosphere of the campus is inviting, serene, and comfortable. The students are respectful as well as the staff members and professors. I feel like I can fit in, be myself, and really focus on my studies. Aside from studying, there's a good amount of activities, clubs, and volunteer work. Also, the location is quite convenient because there's so many restaurants, shops, and the Alderwood movie theater and the mall isn't far away.

Abigail

I learned a lot in this college not only the academic knowledge but also knowing the environment and experience I could get there

Kylee-Lei

I love it here. Housing is right on campus. It’s clean and i have my gown room. Classes have various times to make it easy to choose. With choices of online and traditional in class setting. Lots of cultural diversity. There is easy accessibility to shopping near by.

Vicki

Edmonds Community College has a wide variety of classes and degrees available for adult students of all ages. There's also a lot of flexibility available with evening or online classes. The teachers have all been great in my experience and the support staff are very helpful in all the departments of the college. Overall it's been a great experience.

Chloe

I enjoy the school, the classes, the people, and the events. They have a lot of great job opportunities and a wide variety of events. Downside is that some of the teachers seem to be on the more apathetic side. Definitely not all of them however, there are some that have been extremely helpful and caring. Overall, its a mediocre college that has many ups and downs.

McKayla

Overall, I love the atmosphere and community that EdCC has. There is a wide variety of activities to do, places to study, classes to take, great staff and baristas on campus! I am really happy I attend EdCC and be able to graduate on time this year as a Running Start student.