El Camino College-Compton Center Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for El Camino College-Compton Center

Ashlei

Overall I think this is a good community college to get your AA Degree from . The school may not be that big but the professors are good and you actually get an education here . There are sports teams which I have participated on and there is a good vibe at the school . Most times it is pretty laid back.

Fred

El camino college is one of the beat schools to go to. It is centrally located to serve most of not all of the south Bay. There is also a large number of students from outside the county who enjoy the classes so much that they ate willing to commute to get to el camino

Ricardo

The Compton Center is a great campus to learn and to meet amazing professors. The professors here are the best any student can ever ask for. They're always available to help students and have a great attitude. Overall, this campus is amazing because of the resources and availability of the professors.

Katherine

When people hear the word, "Compton" people are automatically quick to judge. They'll think what they see in the movies, it's all about gang and violence. El Camino Compton believe it or not is actually a great school! The professors here are eager to teach their students not only in their subjective lecture, but also to give us some wisdom and motivation. El Camino Compton is a well diverse school, we are a minority school, so when others look down upon us, they are actually just fooling themselves. I've seen many students on campus aspiring to be in the medical field, engineers, teachers, and so on. El Camino Compton is a great school, believe it or not!

Jamie

El Camino College-Compton Center, is actually better than I expected. The programs they have for us students, such as the FYE (First Year Experience), in which I partake in, is great for us starting college without knowing what to expect. The faculty for that program are so generous. They help students make the transition from high to college and 2 year college to 4 year college seem not so scary as we think when we begin. The class sizes aren't as big. The professor has time to chat with you and get to you know. The classes are interactive, it's not just lecture after lecture. Over all, so far my experience at El Camino College-Compton Center has been great. I have met the most amazing people and professors!

Adriana

Compton college is definitely underrated.The students are so eager to learn and the professors are very eager to teach. Yes the buildings are old and could use more maintenance but we know its probably a lack of budgeting. Overall I enjoy my experience here.

Trianna

The professors are very helpful and they want to see their students succeed. There aren’t ridiculous class sizes and it’s very intimate. You get to interact with people of all paths in life and ages, it’s very refreshing to see older people trying to better to themselves in college. It gives you hope that if they can do it so can you.

Jonathan

I love the small community and professors are extremely willing to help students succeed. Professor Valerie Woodward had made my experience here extremely worthwhile I've learned so much from her and have become more self confident. The size of the school really works to students advantage.

Alex

For a community college, El Camino has provided numerous academic classes and options, while promoting safety, convenience, and an optimal environment to learn. Additionally, there exists a good-quality sports program, online and on-campus courses, inexpensive pricing, and a nature-filled campus.