Torrance, CA
El Camino Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend El Camino Community College District

Kimberly

I love this school its very nice! I take part time classes since i work full time. Easily accessible not complicated. Would definately recommed anyone that would like to go back to school to come to el camino college. Everyone is willimg help one another

I love El Camino College, I fell in love during a summer course and have never looked back. I love going to school and have a happy, healthy learning environment. The teachers, students, and staff and great and make it that much more enjoyable. I do really well in my studies due to all the benefits and programs El Co has to offer!

Aleesa

Overall the El Camino is a great school. They have a variety of clubs and sports that me and other students will enjoy. Even if is fall is going to be my first semester being there it's very spaces and has a lot of green space to chill and do your homework with peace and quiet. The student services are great. When I start I will definitely take advantage of those especially the financial aid office. The teacher's office hours I will use for my benefit and other students use them as well. At the school you also get a chance to develop a bond with them. Especially getting the teacher's emails for that extra help.

Luis

ECC's MESA-STEM facility is perfect for prospective engineers and people pursuing STEM related fields of study.

Pay attention! Don't just brush everything aside; you're in school to learn. Make connections with people who can, and are willing to help you in the future. During the summer, open a math book and study for the next higher-level math so instead of learning it at school, you're reviewing it with your teacher. Research scholarships and, if possible, learn how filing taxes work, this will be crucial for fafsa and other financial needs you will need in college and in the real world. Graduation is not the end, it’s just the beginning, prepare now!

People who are lazy crowd followers i.e. going to college because everyone is doing it. These types of people are just taking up seats and the really motivated poeple suffer because they are left to try and find another professor to take who doesn't have an overfilled classroom.

Michelle

I think the school is great, gives most of the student's needs. They also have good professors, although they are different in their styles of teaching, they are good ones. The school has a wide area so new students can get lost, but will soon find their way out. I enjoy their foods, taken from either the slot machines or from the canteen. They have a variety of races, and students can get to know each of these races. There are young and old people, sometimes, weird ones whom we don't know if they are even students there. Because they seem to be "out of themselves," we just let them pass by. The staff are great and good helpers.

Tarcis

El Camino opened the way to be able to go to school and have a degree.

El Camino opened the way to be able to go to school and have a degree.

that is what I am telling with my kids now... they HAVE to have a degree, it is a must!!!

El Camino give me a chance to get out of my low wage paid job opportunities

People I attend class with and never speak to again.

People I attend class with and never speak to again.

Don't fool yourself. Money is nice, but it cannot replace happiness. If you love what you're doing you'll never work a day in your life, so stop lying to yourself, put the sciences to the side and pick up the arts. Practice your art every day; pour your entire being into your craft. Even though it's difficult and it seems like a long shot, it's better to do what you love than to be well off and miserable. Art is NOT easy, but it’s a whole lot more rewarding to know you’ve created something new than it is to have memorized facts that people have already discovered. It took me a year and a half of anxiety to realize this. Save yourself the trouble.

WAY too big. Not enough money going into art departments (my major), not enough equipment to get quality work done. Can only take classes once, you need multiple tries to build a good portfolio. Administration is closed off and unhelpful. Nobody actually cares about you as a student. It's VERY impersonal. Many students get cheated out of money via parking enforcement. I could go on for days on why this school is subpar and I cannot wait to leave.

Edwin

I love the diversity in the school and all the cool people you meet. As a student worker, I conversate with many students daily. Every student I've talked to is happy to be there and really eager to succeed. Since it is a community college, everyone helps eachother out because everybody has the same goal in mind, to transfer.

It's 8:30 AM, wake up lazy! Class started 30 minutes ago. I don't care if its JUST foods or if its the most boring class of the day. Guess what, in the future you'll be glad you learned to cook and you know that english class you find so boring, you'll never be done writing! You're gonna wish you payed more attention in the future. Stop focusing so much on trying to get a girlfriend and actually pay attention in class. My advice to you right now is get involved and take AP courses because they will indeed help you in college, be prepared! By the way, ask mom if she'd be willing to pay a gym membership for you. Trust me, you're gonna wish you started now. Get a job and start saving for a car, you have no idea how stressful it is in college to not have a car. Hope you like taking the bus everyday. The only advice I have left to give you is: on May 22, 2011, no matter how tempting it looks, DON'T EAT THE SCHOOL'S WET BURRITO. Just trust me.

Anybody who is lazy. Honestly, if you come to this school because you think it's going to be a breeze, think again. Unless you really wanna pursue a major or career and succeed, be into it and work hard for it.

Isabel

If I could be able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there would be so many things I would want to tell myself. For starters I would tell myself to stop taking everything so seriously. That even though everything seems so scary it is not. That if I just relax go out and have some fun everything would be fine. Especially since after you start college it is very difficult to be able to find time to go and have some fun.

In order to go to this school i believe you need to be able to be self effecient. Be very used to looking things up be able to do things without help from other people. It is a lot of being on your own and even when there are others to help such as counselors it is very hard to do things if you are able to look for it on your own.

The most fustrating thing about my school is being able to meet with a counselor. They have a lot of students and very little counselors to be able to meet all the needs.

El Camino Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.