Dallas, TX
El Centro College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend El Centro College

Lana

Take more AP classes! Open yourself up to experiences that are new & exciting, but always follow your gut. Changing your major doesn't make you a bad student. Make conscious food choices. Bike or walk EVERYWHERE-your body will appreciate it Take time to discover anything that interests you. Take advantage of campus health facilities (gym, health centers, etc.) Call your mom at least once a week. The time it takes to write a scholarship essay more than pays for itself when the alternative is debt. Not everyone you meet will like you & that's okay. You won't like everyone you meet. That's okay too. Remember to embrace differences. SAVE YOUR MONEY. No matter what you do to your hair to honor your self expression, it looks stupid. Trust me.

Someone who wants to get a quality education at a price that isn't too rough on your wallet.

RITHA

I have a wonderful school, with great college advisors and teachers, the tutors are excellent , I love my school.

Smart, outgoing, easy to get alone with, very helpful toward one another,will help you on different assignments , just looks out for one another.

If I could go back in time, the advice I would give myself is, go to college right after high school. Don't sit around and wait to long and end up at dead end jobs. Wait to start a family, you have your whole life ahead of you. Get your education , start your career, then start your family. I wish I could go back in time. I would do a lot of things different. I would advise myself of all the things I would be missing out on, like the experience of staying on campus. College is so important to me now. I'm getting my two teenagers into school. I'm going to make sure they get to have that experience. That experience I missed out on. Just glad I have the opportunity now to go back now, would not trade it for the world.

Ezequiel

Acctually i dont attend to ''El Centro College''. I attend to The Art Institute of Dallas. But the survey does not have ''The Art Istitute of Dallas'' as an option to go to school so i just picked ''El Centro College''. My classmates at The Art Institute of Dallas are really enthusiastic and weird people. I like them, you'll find any kind of person here, because is a creative university and there's all kinds of crazy ideas in here.

Hey man, how are you ? i know right now all you worry about is probably having a girlfriend, or being a cool kid til the end of your highschool years. But man there are so many things coming up, so many struggles, i think you should start preparing your self instead. Prepare for the future, prepare to have a good career/job so that later on your family won't have to be struggling as you did. im just trying to advice you life is not easy, nothing in this world is free, everything has a price tag, either is in rollback or regular price, but the point is that nothing is free, and theres so many things to accomplish in this world so start getting ready for it, a bright future awaits if you only do the right thing. DON'T TRY ! JUST DO IT ! trying is not enough, is never enough, but doing it is always better.

I consider having good working technology at the campus (The Art Institute of Dallas) because when theres homework that i need to do, i know i can consider using any of the computers because they all have the programs i need and a fast speed of internet. Another thing is that we have a cafeteria and when i've been doing homework all day here, i know i can just go there and buy me something to eat (even though is really expensive).

ZaKeyla

If I could go back in time I would start the process of looking for college sooner and later. I would prep myself for the 9th grade. I would have asked my mother did we have to move. Because moving your senior year would not be the best thing to do. I would go and visit the college. Take my SAT or ACT as much as possible. Try very hard to keep your GPA up. You need to apply for scholarship, grants and of course FAFSA well before your senior year. Find out if you are the first generation to go to college. You need to make the decision whether to stay home or should you go life on campus. Make sure that you keep in contact with the admission office. Remember to keep your high school counselor updated with your decisions of college. If you have a Facebook or MySpace please keep them private and positive. Don't allow situation to stop you from being your best and greatest. Don't forget to answer will essay questions because they are extremely important in decision making. The last thing Do not slack on your senior responsible. Keep your head up!

Nicholas

Since El Centro is a community college it is not known for such things as a University would be. It is the only community college in the downtown Dallas metroplex and is also the newest one out of its district counterparts.

Money makes the world go round, without it your options are very limited. I would tell myself to apply to as many scholarships as possible and hope to recieve the most money before entering college. The less you have to worry about paying for school the easier your school life will be. It is very stressful to figure out where money is going to come from to pay for your next semester. You will cringe at the site of your university asking for their next check.

I would consider the worst thing about the school is the registration proccess, there are so many ins and outs. Information can sometimes be conversed wrongly and told differently by more then one person. It can sometimes be hard to register because there are mulitple colleges listed, to me it is very tedious.

Araceli

I can't say, Im about to start my first day of college this Monday.

I can't say, Im about to start my first day of college this Monday.

Well so far I have only been to the orientation as I have said before I start my first day of college Monday August 23. And so far i have really enjoyed my experience the teachers and the falculty are very helpful and nice. In which I really like that because it makes me feel like I am in a safe and comfortable environment. For now I am taking my basics but soon I'll be taking the classes that I love and want to major in which is pastry. I CAN'T WAIT!!!(:

Exactly where the classes are located and that there is going to be a long wait to register for class.

shannon

El Centro College molds the best from a diverse group into a brighter future of leaders.

Don't quit now! Don't give up after receiving a diploma. Keep going down that road of education. You haven't accomplished all you can do. You can only get better than you already are. Building character is a rewarding experience you get from education and bettering yourself to a higher level into the best you can be. Just do it. The reward is grand.

It's the coolest! Being in the heart of downtown Dallas, you have the best of a diverse group of people. Students here work extra hard for an education, being as we are the poorest school. Not only do you get graduates with intellect, you also get students with experience. We are a group who have more than likely not had an easy road. While we may be poor in riches, we are rich in spirit and desire.

eddie

The school that I attend El Centro college is a excellent school whith great academic instructors and excellent programs of for individuals wanting to expand into the health field.

Elcentro is unique in its ability to have become one of the well known and respected health occopational schools in the dallas region. After performing some research with regional health providers I discovered that El Centro College was the leading school in this area that companies perfered to hire their employees from. El Centro College staff is "second to none" is what I have been told by others who hire their students. The scond thing is that the El Centro College staff cares about the product (student) the it offers to the community.

If I were back in high school and I could talk to myelf about my plans, I'd say that my first priority was to learn what the options were. You don't need to be in a rush to choose your life's work. What you need to do is discover what you like. You have to work on stuff you like if you want to be good at what you do. It might seem that nothing would be easier than deciding what you like, but it turns out to be hard, partly because it's hard to get an accurate picture of most jobs. Being a doctor is not the way it's portrayed on TV. Fortunately you can also watch real doctors, by volunteering in hospitals. What I regret most about high school is that I that I w asted so much time not listening but relying on being with my friends and neglecting life priorities like trying to please my freinds and not living to up my expectations and goals this is something that I would tell myself.

Juli

The Nursing program that they offer

The Nursing program that they offer

To be honest, El Centro has a great staff. They are always right there to help you with any questions that you have and they are extremely polite. I attend two other community colleges and even though this one is in Downton Dallas, you would not believe how genuine the faculty and students are.

Go to college, learn and experience everything that you can because you WILL need the education later in life.

Hayley

Being in the middle of downtown Dallas provides a unique atmosphere for learning. I have attended other community colleges, and I find that El Centro affords its students with a very professional learning environment. Also, being in the heart of the city, the diversity is incredible.

I would tell myself to take it easy at the beginning and work on the basics. I would encourage myself to take a couple classes that seem interesting and then decide on a career path based on the classes which really captivated me. I would definitely tell myself to enroll in as many extra clubs and organization as I was comfortable with, both as a mechanism for meeting people, and for personal enrichment. Most of all I would tell myself to take advantage of all that college offers, and to realize how wonderful and unique of an opportunity getting an education really is.

I would have to say the incredible art programs. Mrs. DesPlas is a wonderful art teacher, and really provides a studio feel for her classes. I enjoy being in the basement for her class, in an environment that is inspiring comfortable. No one is afraid to get dirty down there!

El Centro College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.