Dallas, TX
El Centro College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend El Centro College

Karla

a school that cares for students nomatter their educational status.

a school that cares for students nomatter their educational status.

I would definantly make the decision to stick with it. I wish that i did know then what i know now i am now a single mother with 4 children. i would have gotten an educaton and made a better way for myself before i had children.

student who have it in thei mind that they may quit before they even get started.

Shombray

I would have told myself back then to push harder instead of being laid back. During my senior year , I was graduating early so I felt that at the time I did not have to work as much towards my education until I started going to college. My best advice is to push all the way especially in high school as a senior. Apply for so many scholarships until you can not type or think anymore because out of the millions of them , there is at least one out there for you and maybe even more. Do not let negative relationships like your friends, lovers, and parents interfere with your journey towards your educational success. When you have been wounded , it is all about you letting your wound turn into a scar of deception or healing your wounds tosuccess.

The school lends you a helping hand towards your future. This is because they help transition you to the next level of your educational needs. If you are unaware of what type of career you may want to venture into, there is a class that you can attend that helps you find your passion. In metaphor it is like everyone who works for the school welcomes you into their house, and you talk with them for hours. You never feel like you are being pushed out the front door because you dropped by at a bad time.

A non- motivational procrastinator would have a difficult time adjusting to this school. Your education is like a seed. The school will help you plant your seed, but you have to keep it watered at all times .Trying to get things done at the last minute will not get you pass in the professors book.

Patrick

A place where people who have not had the best chances to excell, go to become highly educated and trained members of society to take the next step in their process to achieving something great, and inspirational to the city, and peers around them in a attempt to make the city of Dallas a much better place to live.

When it came time for me to select a school when I was preparing to graduate high school. I allowed too many outside factors to partake in my decision process. At the time I had a girlfriend who "I thought I loved", and a father who's only dream for me was to play football at the University of Nebraska. The only option presented to me by these two sources were either to move to Nebraska and play football, or stay at home in Arizona to be with my girlfriend. I chose Nebraska, which as a young man devestated my heart and my determination to succeed as a student and as a football player. After dropping out at Nebraska to try and pick up the pieces with my girlfriend it was too late. Until now, my life was in pieces with feelings of regret towards both decisions. Now that I am twenty five years old and more wise then before I finally realize what I need to do. If I could go back, im not sure I would advise towards which decision to make, but would tell myself to make a decision and stick with it, and NEVER GIVE UP!

shellece

The school is academically wonderful and prepares you for the real world.

The school is academically wonderful and prepares you for the real world.

My classmates are driven and want a good education.

Speak to an high school advisor about college. I think an a many questions and going to different colleges helps ease the transition. Looking at prerequisites and expectations are very importatnt as well. Most of all focus and dedication.

Shaundra

If I was a senior in high school the advice I would give myself is, that college is nothing like high school you have to be more responsible. You will need to get all youe work done before your class starts because, the professor do not take late assignments. The teachers who do take late assignments they take off lots of points from your grade. They also, give you plenty of homework that will keep you busy. Also, how you will be responsible for waking yourself up not your parents anymore.If you don't wake up on time you will miss class and assignments that are due or need to be done. Then you may start to get bad grades for homework you wasn't turning in.That can be bad if you are on financial aid, if you start missing and failing classes you will have to pay the money back. Make sure all your stuff in complete early so you won't have to worry about it later on, all you have to do is wait until its time for you to start up your first year of college. Most of all, have fun learning new things.

The best thing about my school is, how all the teachers won't all the students to succeed.The reason I said the teachers won't us to succeed is because, the teachers continue going over things step by step until I understand the lesson. The teachers even gives homework and bellringers so when the test rolls around I will know the correct answers. Even when that doesn't help me,I can get one of my peers to tutor me in between classes and after school. That is why I am so glad I chosed this school to attend.

What I wish I had known before I came to this school how it's such a good environment to learn in. How everyone at my school are very friendly and eager to learn. How this school helps you get on track to a better future and life. How if you don't know what you want to major in they will get you started with that. They help you with classes you should take in order to finish your degree plan sooner. Also, how the classes are small and you can get one on one time with the teachers.

Latreshia

I love the fact that El Centro College is in the heart of downtown Dallas. I have never seen an university or college in the heart of downtown in any city.

If I could go back into time the most important thing I would do is make a 5 year plan. I would plan the right college for me and make sure I take all of the required classes to get into the nursing program. Volunteer in my free time at the local hospital, get more involve.

Tuition is great the college does not make it impossible to go to school. The staff at El Centro is helpful and on top of everything for the students.

Even though my mother constantly told me to apply for scholarships, I procrastinated and ended up only applying for the simple scholarships, which I never got. I would definitely tell myself that I would be struggling to pay for my school and I would make myself apply to the scholarships that required short answers and essays. I would also tell myself that I needed to take full course loads even though I am working full time, because I don't like that I'm taking 4 years to get my 2 year degree. Finally I would tell myself that even if assignments are due at the end of the semester, I should stay on top of them, because having 300 definitions to do in 1 day is not easy. Procrastination will be my worst enemy.

I wish I would have known that as I get to the end of my class requirements, the availability of night classes is scarce. I work, so it would be better to be able to take all night classes.

I would say that the worst thing about my school is that I have to pay for parking everyday I go to class. It is also difficult to find a good parking spot. Not to mention, the elevators take forever, and when you are going up 8 or 9 floors the stairs aren't the fastest choice.

El Centro College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.