El Paso Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for El Paso Community College

El Paso Community College is a great school. The teaches are very approachable and are willing to give valuable time to make sure you understand everything. Everyone at my campus is very nice and easy to talk to, there isn\'t anyone who will just ignore you to get away.

Sharlyn

El Paso Community College is the best place to start. For my first semester there, I experienced how college functions. I enjoyed that they made an event for anybody to learn. As well as activities to have fun and distress. The professors can know you personally, and it is easier to communicate with them.

Crystelle

El Paso Community College is where students come together as one to succeed and prosper with each other. The professor's at every campus are dedicated to their job and have a genuine interest in educating their students. Fortunately for the students, we have faculty members that are willing to help us or direct us in the right direction. Our tutoring services are phenomenal. Have a paper you need looked over? Have some math you need extra help with? Our tutors and guides are just one of the many useful resources the campuses have to offer. Not to mention the professors are very willing to help a student in need. Professors like to build appropriate relationships with the students to understand their struggles and better relate their material. EPCC is the best place to start. If you're looking for a place to be, it's right here with us!

It is the best place to start, but consider going if you plan on going to UTEP or any other Texas university, since that's where you really save money. The teachers are really great, most of the ones I have had the honor of having had masters and docterates in their work, and the class sizes are just right. There is no campus life, however the campus itself is beautiful EPCC takes care of the facilities and its outdoors. I will be honest, I found most of my classes, if not all, extremely easy, there is no reason you should get lower than a B in your classes if you worked hard.

Great place to get your foot in the door of college. The class sizes are great, the teachers have one on one conversations with students on a daily basis. Overall depiction of EPCC is an amazing college with a variety of races and ethnicities attending.

Teresa

Like the commercial says, it's (actually) a great place to start .Scholarship opportunities, an affordable, quality education if you're invested and actually care about becoming a critical thinker and an overall more well-rounded person; however, like any other school, always check rate my professor before signing up for any class. Naturally, there are still those one or two teachers that either hate or don't give a whit about what they do; or rather, what they are supposed to be doing for students on an intellectual level.

Deanna

It a nice college with good teachers and enthusiastic students. There is not a lot of food choices on campus but it is near a mall. It is very easy to reach professors for a one-to-one meeting and tutors are readily available for many classes. I am glad I can come to college at an affordable price and learn what I want to learn.

Karina

EPCC Is an excellent place to start the college experience. It is cheap but has overall good quality. Teachers there are experienced and are always available to help students. Most of the staff is friendly, and students are usually respectful towards others.

Julie

El Paso Community College is a great school to be at and I've learned so much. Everyone there is so helpful and they will do everything they can to make you succeed in anything you are doing. The class sizes are a great size in which you are actually able to learn what is being taught. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to attend college classes.

Joseline

El Paso community college has several different campuses located all over town. They are all well kept and relatively new. Most professors I have had across several of campuses have been very helpful and involved. I love that class sizes are small and you get to know your classmates and professors well.

Jasmine

My overall opinion of El Paso Community College is it's a good college I will say. It is great place to start of for people going back to school and for students continuing their education such as myself. The students are a mixed, both diversity and academically.

Ashlyn

I honestly feel that El Paso Community College is a great starter school. Not only is it inexpensive, but it provides the same great education for a lower price. Some people think that Community College is for people who do not know what they want to do with their life, but I think that starting off at a Community College is the best choice. The class sizes are great and the small campus size keeps students from getting overwhelmed.

Andres

professors really help students to learn the subject and are open in their office hours for any student it doesn't matter if they don't have that professor for the semester. I will recommend El Paso Community College to anyone especially my future family.

Marisol

I like El Paso Community College. It is a great place to get your feet wet before transferring to a major university. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Overall I've had a good experience here.

Sebastian

I believe it is a very good place to start before going to a bigger college/university. It is easy to learn the schedule rarely are their heavy classes but every professor is very good. They might not have all the degrees everyone looks for but it does have the popular ones.

Cathy

I really enjoy attending El Paso Community College because of its uniqueness by its diversity of students' , ages, cultures, and backgrounds. Having the capability to meet and become long lasting friends with a variety of different students from different backgrounds and ethnicities allows us to not only grow, but also to unify as a community. EPCC may not have the best academics or athletic teams, but we by far have the most amazing people. Students are constantly supportive, accepting, respectful, and compassionate to one another, which allows us to feel as if the entire campus itself is a family. We may not have beautifully architected buildings, massive, extensive libraries, top of the line equipment, or even clean cut classrooms, but what we do have are students with the greatest appreciation for education, the friendliest of smiles, the humbleness to treat a janitor and dean with the same level of respect, and the love for one another to create a family. When I was younger I dreamed of attending a large, beautiful university, and perhaps one day I will, but I am so lucky to have had the ability to attend a community college that taught me the value of living in a city such as mine. EPCC is truly the best place to start.

Ariztbe

El Paso Community College is a very good College. Most people, staff and students are kind to each other. They promote respect in campus as well as events to make students and staff participate with the community. They also make events for students to take a break from studying and have a good time. As everything, it has is pros and cons, but overall there are more pros than cons.

Shyla

Being a student at El Paso Community College, Valle Verde campus, is an amazing. The Academics are so focused on the student. Teachers care about students and will go the extra mile to make sure a student will get to their career. Student interaction is like no other college. The cafeteria and student unions are the perfect places to meet people. EPCC is one of the best places to begin your higher education

Mahmoud

It's a really good college with affordable, but quality education. It's a good place to start as well as to finish. There are campuses all over the city and they are all good. The staff are really nice and the campuses are clean and well organized. Highly recommend!

sandy

El Paso Community College (EPCC) provides various opportunities for students to be successful. Their small classes (20-30 students) allow the students to increase their learning potential and to have simple professor-student contact. The professors and classes available allow students to create a stress-free schedule in which they can choose a professor that meets their learning expectations and attend class without it interfering with other activities (work, children, etc.). Outside the classroom, there are various buildings and centers to choose from, such as the library or computer labs, which further allows students to choose the most comfortable area in which they can study. Furthermore, professors and other staff are friendly and willing to dedicate their time to each student equally. EPCC is indeed the best place to start, their professors and classes produce a positive environment that meets the needs of most of its students.

Maria

The people who work here are extremely rude and the students attending college here have no clue what they're doing 98% of the time. The students are quite rude as well. I would only attend here if you're doing college at last minute or you have no where else to go due to your lack of intelligence.

mariana

Great school, i just wish they had more help on international students

Alejandro

I have visited and enrolled with dual credit for this Community college and i got to say it is truly one of the best places to start! I took my TSI their, no problems with the staff they're very friendly . As a senior I will definitely continue and get my associates at this community college.

Jeidalee

El Paso Community College is the place to go if you are in need of a higher education of two years and don't have a lot of money available this is the college you should attend but all in all, it is a great college to go to. Also it is open to the early high school colleges so people from high school attend too.

Sandra

EPCC is a wonderful place to get a great education at a lower cost. One of the best qualities about the college is the professors that are so knowledgeable and genuinely want you to excell in the academics. College is sometimes very intimidating however, the friendly staff, professors and students, make the whole experience so much more enjoyable.

Estefania

Many of my friends have teased me multiple times for going to a community college instead of University this semester, but they are just ignorant because I love this academic road I have chosen. It is a small campus that has a small environment and everything is conveniently close. You never have to worry about being late or getting lost. The environment makes you feel safe and welcome. I want to major in Health science and get into the Medical Sonography Program they offer there which is also a bonus because my campus specializes in health science degree programs. When you graduate you already have earned an Associate degree, then I will transfer to a University for a Bachelors and Masters. This decision will save me thousands while giving me the same education as if I were to be going to a bigger college. Many people claim that you don't learn the same things as you would in a University, but it is the complete opposite. We get one-on-one attention and tutoring for every subject if you need it. The classes are average of 25 students which makes for more hands on activities and we can ask more questions without feeling intimidated. This college is especially good at this. They never make us feel less if we have questions and as a matter if fact they encourage it. The professors are highly qualified and excellent. They use learning styles and methods that suit each individual, whether it be discussing in groups, note taking, drawing diagrams or hands-on. Every person has a unique learning style that works best for them and we are encourage to find it here and be the best student we can be. The professors are always available in and out of school. When I have questions outside of class I can count on the help I need that same day when I send and email, and not only do I get the answer I was looking for, but they give me a deeper understanding and one-on-one discussion. My education professor gives us outside projects to explore our degree programs, and it gives you an inside look on the field and a personal interview with the head of the program. This is imperative and useful because exploring as early as you can, can let the program know you are deeply interested and an overachiever. Another bonus about the campus is its location . We are located near our local Library downtown, and two cafes which are perfect place for studying, relaxing before classes and reading. The extra-curricular activities are so easy to participate in and be apart of. Every month, every week, new things are happening. We have health fairs every month in our campus open to everyone. There are reading clubs that discuss books and films every Wednesday. Recreational sports are encouraged, and if you don't have a team yet, you can make your own and join! Another beneficial campus perk we have is our health science building. They have daily services to all the students and family, at a low fee, that include dental cleanings, x-ray scans, flu shots, and any check up you need etc. This campus overall has many important things to offer academically and recreationally. This was the smart choice for me and the goal as for now is to keep doing good and get into the Sonography Medical Diagnostic Program. El Paso Community College is the best place to start and finish!

Deanna

It is a nice campus with a comfortable amount of students. There are not a lot of social organizations. If your class is less than 20 people then you will create close relationships to your classmates and professor. The staff is nice and the campus is expanding beautifully.

Dora Luz

El Paso community college is a great place to start with core classes and later transfer to a university of your choice. They offered a great variety of classes for lots of majors. The professors are great and are available to the students during class and at their office hours.

Cesar

Professors say they are always available during office hours and they reply to emails fast, but they usually are not there on time for office hours and reply to emails 1-2 days after you sent them it, even if it's urgent. Hard to find tutoring helpers since they do not advertise it a lot, I guess they do not like to help their students succeed.

Arene

Overall, I am enjoying the experience. The libraries, especially the Transmountain campus library, are well stocked and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Most of the instructors are qualified for their positions and provide a wealth of information and assistance to the students.

Arleth

El Paso community college is really a great place to start mostly because you can do your basics as such a low price which honestly its really amazing to me. My sister attended that college and she says some teachers are really helpful but there are some who just are whatever but its rare which is good. the only thing wrong with it would be the counselors, sometimes they don't care and give you false information or they tell you stuff that make you hate them, but over all the teachers the campus and everything is pretty descent and clean. the food is not bad its good as well, but after all it is a great place to start.

Breanna

I am really liking El Paso Community College. There are several locations. I am currently attending Mission and I love it. The people and teachers are VERY nice and if u have any questions your professors will help you. It is a small campus, but it’s very nice for an incoming freshman like me.

Ryan

My personal experience while I attended El Paso community college was more so pleasant than it not being pleasant. Of course there were the occasional teacher or two who you had to hunt down to either just communicate ideas or review things with them. However the amount of teachers there who were easier to not only find but also communicate with outnumbers them. The overall campuses are easy to navigate however each one hokds their own learning curve. When I needed to use any facility that they offer they are pretty punctual with the times they are open for better or for worse. The campus I really spent a good amount of time at was the transkountain campus and one thing liked about that cpis was it had a trail you could either hike or run on at any time.

Abraham

El Paso Community College provides a great academic experience for people that want to pursue a career whether it's by working to get an associate's degree or a certificate in vocational studies. The location and the cost are the major reasons to attend if you are interested in going to college. After completing your associates, you have the option to either transfer the credits to a 4-year university or get the associate's degree diploma.

Alejandro

There's no actual on-campus housing, so that can't really be reviewed. EPCC is actually better than many people expect since it provides a great education for an affordable price. It also provides many different opportunities that help you get experience and prepare for the future.

Tania

I attend El Paso Community College as an early college student to obtain my Associates of Arts. I graduated this past May. Overall, the campuses are spread out and have multiple facilities so they are convenient. The classes are not that rigorous and the activities for students are limited. If you want to join a club you must look for it yourself but it is a great kickoff for higher education and has a great partnership with the University of Texas at El Paso.

There is a lot to offer at EPCC. it's a very good place to start and they are incredibly helpful when you beed them. The only thing I don't like is sonetimes the administration takes a long time to get back to you and some times it seems like they don't know what they're doing. But the professors are great.

Timothy

El Paso Community College is a unique experience with campuses all over the city. All classes are usually provided at every campus but if you slack and don't register early your schedule may end up with you commuting to different campuses for classes. Although it is cool to have a change of scenery every once in a while. All the professors I have had the pleasure of studying under have been awesome individuals who are passionate about their field and will work with the student to help us understand and comprehend whatever problem you may have at hand. Most of them even have an office and are willing to help anybody who may drop by for additional help after class hours. Overall, EPCC is a cool college and I'm glad I attended it.

Adriana

Awesome! It's the community college experience that you see on tv. opportunities fly everywhere. At first I thought it was going to be a worst experience than high school and dreadful since it wasn't a university but i was mistaken, i really like it here! Everyone is always so nice and teachers are very helpful, need more buildings and fast food restaurants but other than that its great.

Sebastian

It is a great school to get your basics done. The school offers opportunities to attend and enroll to anyone at a reasonable price. I would recumbent to finish your 1st 2 years of college in here because of the low prices and it is less stressful then to attend UTEP which is usually very crowded and barely any free parking. EPCC also does offer plenty of student activities such as student government and helping centers for classes that one might be struggling with.

Carlos

I Really like this school. I heard many great things about this place. Depending on my major I would really love to come her e

Alan

I like the school. One of my major concerns are the professors; there are professors on both extremes of the balance. I choose them carefully, but management should do a better job at hiring them. School is very clean and pleasant to look at, specially the administrative building. I would definitely recommend it for freshman.

Kathryn

El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a great school for first-time college students, like myself. I had been very hesitant to start college right after high school, but EPCC has helped make the transition easier. The staff at the college are there to help the students. The professors, that I have had, really know in great detail what they lecture to the students. Some will incorporate many other sources than just the textbook. Others will use real-life situations and experiences to help the students understand the concept and will explain it from different points of view. EPCC makes the staff, facilities, and services easily accessible for all its students. I would highly recommend EPCC for people that are considering college but are still undecided if college is right for them.

Joshua

The professors know a lot of what they teach and from what I have seen are really invested in their field of study. The campus seems very reluctant to update things such as computers, classrooms, and desks. The staff on campus seems to be more inclined to not help you than to spend the time to help you figure out your situation. The counselors are not really informed on what the college offers or other colleges in the area and how they compare.

Valeria

EPCC really is the best place to start. There is a sense of closeness between people on campus, and everyone is always willing to help others whether it be finding a classroom or with class performance. Professors are friendly and approachable and are always willing to meet up with students after class to answer questions. Extracurricular activities vary from those just for fun (16 de Septiembre celebration at Mission del Paso campus) to informative (Sexuality Fair at Valle Verde campus). El Paso Community College was a great campus that taught me everything I needed to know about how to live the college life.

Fernando

The teachers and experiences I had are really great. It is a great school to get a associate's degree or do your bachelor's basics. I attend the Valle Verde campus. It's installations are very well equipped and there is a lot of activities happening on the campus. For the tuition, it sure is the best option you can get around the area.

Michelle

I am happy to get an higher education through EPCC. I feel as if I am not informed enough on all of my options. I also feel that the advisers are not well educated.

Adriel

Love the campus, can not say anything better about these facilities.

It’s a good school no major complaints, professors are willing to help and work with you if needed. The campus is big enough to where you won’t get lost and there is plenty or resources to help you be successful with graduation. It’s done me well and now I get to graduate with two degrees.

Stephen

El Paso Community College is a great campus to get a head start in your education and not only take your basics, but some classes towards your major at a fair price. The professors here always provide an opportunity for one on one attention so you won't feel overwhelmed or stressed. There are enough resources and opportunity for you to succeed.