Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Aquan

I don't know for sure, but I heard it was its music program. That's why I decided to enroll.

I would tell my past self to come into college with a level of self confidence that was great but not great enough to make me/him seem cocky or even overconfident. I would tell myself to sympathize with other people's feelings, even if I/he didn't understand why they felt the way that they did (in college, you meet many people from different places). I would tell myself to prepare for sleepless nights as well, because procrastination seems to be a disease that no one on campus is immune to. Finally, I would tell myself to keep focused because academics are the main reason that we are here.

I tell them that everyone in the music department is super cool and that they will meet many talented students here (including me).

Tiarra

Full of interesting people and oppurtunities.

Full of interesting people and oppurtunities.

The small size allows professors to give more individual attention to students.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships, stop being lazy, and save money.

Isis

My school is best known for the good quality that it shows to the students who wants to learn. Also, my school is best known the mission to help and succeed every student to be the best and to help them make something out of themselves, by just getting an education. Its not about the siz e of the school its about what u get out of it , and ECSU is where the future generation starts.

The advice that i would give myself would be to always think before you take action. Knowing what i know now about college if i could go back in time i would also teach myself to dont take my classes likely. Having to go back in time things would be very different for me now what i am in college. Knowing what i know now is tough, but dont let it cause u to crumble. Be able to add feedback on what the professor is asking you, dont wait for him/her to answer. Step up to the plate and let others know, we can make a difference in society today, if we just listen. Listen today , stay away, and keep focus on your education, because it can pass by in a flash. College life is not what u think! While in High school take every moment of your time and think about what your future might be in life. Always strive for the best, instead of a passing grade. Dont settle for less, be your best.

The best thing that I consider about my school, is the education level. The performance of the classes and work is at your standards and how u make it. The teachers care if u care about what u want to learn. By going to my school, you will always have confidence in all that u do. Also, the location of the buildings is always at close walking distance, but if u have to get around just call on the shuttle service location at every building on campus. Think poisitive, it is only what makes you.

Shante'

I would suggest to score higher on the SATs so I would be more egible for scholarships.

The worst thing about my school is how we get the run around when it comes down to handling business. I wish our faculty could be more dependable when it comes to business.

All students could attend this school.

alishia

I would tell myself to go to college and stay in college. The outside world can wait and the money you could be making will come with a college degree. I would tell myself to put all of myself into school and never give up. I would also explain that even tho others or out parting and having fun you will in the long run have more fun and have more money. Life is what you make it, take it or leave it. Don't wait too long or you will never do it...

Donnetta

My classmates are very helpful and different, for instance they have different views on things than me.

If I could go back I would make sure I drill in my head to go and do your best no matter what or who may try to get in your way or head, just to do your best. I say this to say that their are alot of changes that people make as a college student about theirselves, and i have notice those things. Thats why if i could go back I would say to myself never let anyone change who I am.

I wish I would have known that it wasnt nothing to do on the weekends while you are six hours away from home. i also first wish that it wasnt surrounded by alot of water. I feel that I could have went to a more challenging school.

Meladie

Outgoing and out spoken.

Outgoing and out spoken.

Do research on the neighborhood the school is located in. Find out the crime rate and what kind of activites the neighborhood has to offer the students. Make sure the school is accredited because that might matter to you depending on what the student plans on doing after graduation. Make sure the school is a place where you can feel comfortable, somewhat at home. You do not want to step out of your comfort zone.

I wish i would have known that Elizabeth City is a small town abd if you are coming from the city like me you might want to have a car.

Taneisha

My classmates are ok, some of them will help you out if you ask and even if you dont.

Find which one is right for you and live your life because you only get that once, first time college experience so use it wisely.

I brag about all the things I do around campus, and all the activities I participate in.

Levi

A school full of unmotivated yet interesting individuals.

A school full of unmotivated yet interesting individuals.

The school is best known for either being named after the city it's involved in or its football team that came to winning state in 2006

Always research the school you plan to attend. Look at imprortant factors, such as cost of attendence. Be sure that the school you plan to attend can meet with all your adjectives.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.