Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

I would tell my high school self not to worry over fall semester. I would tell her to calm down and just enjoy making friends, going to sporting events, and completing her assignments. I would encourage her to apply to many scholarships fall semester and deny any loans, so that she will have no college debt when she graduates. I would tell her to take a few interesting classes like swimming and public speaking that teach real life lessons for future success. I would tell he to submit her resumes early to be eligible for workstudy jobs in the fall. I would tell her to save more than you spend and make every penny count. Lastly, I will tell my high school self, that psychology is the right major for you and that you will be happy in your career choice as a therapist. College is four years of finding who you are and the person you will turn out to be is an amazing woman.

I brag aboout the dorms , fine art center, the marching band, and the student center.

Diamond

Everyone can come together and make you feel as if you belong to a family.

Everyone can come together and make you feel as if you belong to a family.

College has been a great experience for me thus far. I believe choosing to continue my education was one of the best decisions I could make for myself. I would not change the fact that I would make the decision to go to college. I would basically tell myself to remain focused and make sure I do everything to the best of my ability. The main thing I would tell myself is to become involve in any organization that I was capable of. At my university I have realized that being involved in different groups and organizations can play a major role. It is a chance to for you to get to know others. When it came to scholarships many asked for involvement in organizations at school. Another major thing is that you should do much volunteering as possible. Many schools look into that and there are many opportunities for this at colleges and universities. You are getting a chance to help people and it allows you to build relationships with the organization or people you have volunteered for. The key to just about anything is communication. It does not hurt to show others that you exist.

derek

I would tell myself, "Don't be a screw-up" and "pay attention more". When I went through high school, I didn't care. I didn't care about my grades and I, even, gave up on playing football. My father repeated to me many times over, "you only go through high school once. Make the best of it, or you'll regret it" and like most teenagers, I didn't listen. Now being the age, that my father was, at the time of said advice. I come to the conclusion, that he wasn't talking for the sake of hearing himself. He knew what he was talking about. I do regret failing for the sake of failing. I could have done better, if I had just applied myself. Which, has been proven, here at Cape Fear Community College, that I am capable of higher learning. So, with a swift kick to my younger self's backside, I would tell him to "wake up" and give him the same advice that my father gave me twenty some years ago and hopefully, I , won't still be narrow minded.

All perspective college student should try to attend Elizabeth City State University. That student should have the willingness to learn, the willingness to diversify and the willingness to be themselves. Being yourself is the most important qaulity a person can possess. One shoulden't try to impress their peers. I feel that if today's youth would pay more attention to themselves and not trying to fit in with the crowd. We, as a community, would have less gang violence and crime.

I am not one to advocate, on " who shouldn't be allowed to attend" Elizabeth City State University. I would hope, the University had an E. O. policy that it adheres to and I would allow the Universities Admissions, deem who is unfit to attend Elizabeth City State University.

Chantice

My school is a school filled with opperunities, great teachers, and hard working students.

I would telll myself to save as much money, have your priorites together, and make wise dessicions. Many collge students get to college and get broke, by saving and just putting a little money to the side every chance you get you want be broke. I also would say have your priorites together, college is a big difference from high school. If you played sports in high school changes are you are going to want to pursue it in college, college sports its much harder. The coaches dont really care about your school work, they mainly care about you as a team player. There will be plenty of parties, so you dont need to go to every party you hear about, with that said student should always have they priorites together and learn how to balance. Also it is best to make wise desscionis in everything you do, because the least thing you would want to do is regret.

I would consider the teacher and student ratio to be the best thing about my school. I hear other college students from other colleges telling me how they have 300 students in one class, at my school the most people in one class is about 30 depending on what type of class it is. I like smaller classes, it helps you get to know your teacher and peers better and you feel more comforatble.

Tiante

I think my school is best known for our Social Work program. Its really a great program t teaches you how things will really be out there. Alot of people enjoy that program because they really notice how it can help their community as well as others.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would say three things one being to stay focused on your work, that is the most important thing, that is your purpose for being there. Your education is your key to a better life and a secure future. Take your studies seriously and never put your work off for anything or anybody. The second thing I would say is dont rush into any relationship if it’s meant to be it will happen. I’m sad to admit that I let love or what I thought was love get in the way of my studies. Last but definitely not least enjoy yourself. You can get your work done and have fun at the same time; you’re in the prime of your life so live it up.

The best thing about my school i would say is the teacher to student ratio. Its purpose is to bettedr assist the students and I feel as though it does just that. Whenever you need help or dont understand something do not be embarrassed or discouraged, go to your teacher and ask for help. I believe it is important for a student to have a good teacher student relationship so they prosper educationaly.

Latoria

My school is best known for football and other sports, and its academic credibility.

ECSU is my place to succeed. This school is unique compared to other schools because its smaller and more one on one student / professor relationship.

If I could go back into high school time... O boy, I would have pushed myself a little more harder and prepared myself for what the future was holding. I would have advised myself on the importance of education and making good grades. Had I known then, I would of pushed myself into taking offered college courses at my high school, with the thought of moving up in life. I would have valued the importance of what school really was all about and that a career starts off with an education.

Erin

I've heard that my school has a very good Criminal Justice program. I don't know this personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. In my opinion the Art Department is phenomenal. The professors are very helpful and the teaching environment is nice.

I would tell myself to be very prepared. I graduated in Jan. of 2012, so I finished high school a semester early. Instead of taking the spring semester off, I decided to jump straight into college. I do not regret my decision to do so, but I do know I was very unprepared for college. I would tell myself to be ready to make some priority changes...quick! Another thing I've learned while in college is that time management is your best friend; without it, you'll never get anything done. Also, I played volleyball the Fall semester, so I really had to manage my time. Creating a budget would also be a wise decision. Although I am a full time student, I also work part time to pay my bills. So being able to manage my time and money while attending Elizabeth City State University has been a big change. More over, I would give myself a big wake up call, because I wasn't sure what to expect going into college.

There isn't really one thing I can point out that is bad about my university. But if I had to choose something, it would probably be the parking. I live off campus, so I drive to school everyday. Some days I really wish we had more parking available.

Alicia

Elizabeth City State University is a historically black university with many hidden and useful opportunities.

As you prepare to take on this new world have your eyes wide open to all the resources and opportunities available to you. Stay focused on school and be more organized than you ever have in life. Don't be afraid to ask questions or reach out to your professors, it's their job to help you. Don't use volleyball as an excuse for not doing well because you are better than that. Stay away from the parties and peer pressure, it may seem fun at the time but later you will wish you would have studied harder. Never give up; it's never too late to turn things around. Do your work ahead of time even if you know you have time to do it later. It is better to have free time than to be rushed and not do your best work.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the inconsistentcy of the use of online resources. Blackboard Learn is a new and very useful tool but only one of my professors uses it to its maximum capability. I would love for all of my professors to be on the same page. If everyone used Blackboard the way it is meant to be used, grades would be accessible, classwork could be done online, and things would be better organized. Having to keep up with every handout and assignment amounts to a lot of wasted paper.

Niaela

The advice that I would give myself would be education is not a game. When I was in high school I did not take my education serious. I would of been more focus then every becasue you need all the knowledge that you can get. Plus high school is preparing you for the college world. I would have decided on what I wanted to do in life, I did not decide what I wanted to do until I got in the 12th grade. But it was all to late for me to go back and try to take all the classes that I needed. So I had to work harder in college to teach myself what I should have learned when I was in high school. It is a lesson learned and I would advise other high schoolers to stay focus becasue your education is important.

I wish that I knew that the school had to do a lot of presentation in the business hall. The reason is becasue I hate to talk in front of people that I do not know.

I consider the worst thing at this school is the walking distance to your classes.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.