Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Whitney

My classmates are very attentive, social and hardworking.

My classmates are very attentive, social and hardworking.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would give my self advice about foorming good study habits. In high school I never studied and I still did above average, But when i got to college it was a whole other ball game. In college studying is absolutely necessary in order to pass the classes. Some other advice I would give myself would be to learn to be more responsible when it coems to getting up and going to class. In college its very easy to just lay in bed and not go to class, unlike high school where you have someone demanding you to go to class. Lastly I would warn myself about the different atmosphere that comes with college. I would tell myself to be more prepared to be treated like an adult.

The best thing about my school is the faculty and staff. There is not office that yoou cannot go to and get help with what ever situation you may be facing. Every single department at this school is determined and dedicated to helping its students to succeed in whatever they do. When it comes to the professor, its no problem for a professor to take the time to assist you, they even allow students to have the personal cell and home phone numbers, just in case a student needs extra assistance out side of office hours and class time.

Alejandra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student, I would have told myself to take more AP courses. That way I would be better equipped to deal with college life and the stress that comes along with it. Currently I’m doing pretty well but I have to give credit to my two AP professors who took it upon themselves to educate me and push me to reach new heights. Without their help and guidance I don't know if I would be as comfortable with the professors I have today if it wasn't for both my AP English Comp and AP Literature teacher’s high expectations. In fact, compared to my college professors those AP courses were murder. So again, if I had the ability to travel back in time to meet my highs school self, I would have convinced myself to take more challenging AP courses because in the long run I will benefit from the experience.

Ardra

There is no major issue on this campus, but like many colleges, there are always some minor issues on campuses. Some of the issues on this campus are the sewage problem and presentable dorms. The sewage problem is very noticeable odor right by the cafeteria. This is a problem that need repaired. In addition, the students need more presentable dorms to feel comfortable about where they reside. These dorms need to have more single rooms for upperclassmen because the students complain a lot about having roommates. Overall, the campus is safe environment to learn and get an education.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cafeteria food. I believe we should have a better variety of foods to select from like a buffet that we the students would want to eat for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. We need that daily nutrient in our body to get us through the day. I believe the cafeteria hours of operation should be more flexible for those who are in class during cafeteria hours. If the campus would provide better cafeteria food and more hours that are flexible for the students, there would be fewer complaints about this issue.

chancia

I would definately tell mself to work harder to get better grades. Now that i am in college i can see that grades are what keeps a great GPA, which brings in scholarships. If companies see that my GPA is low, they wouldautomatically assume that i am not a hard working student. Because of that i wouldn't get a scholarship because they will fear that the money will be wasted on someone who isn't goint to use it the way they should. Having better grades now pays off with scholarships and even internships. Even tough a GPA is low, it doesn't always neccessarly mean that a person is not hard smart, they may just be slacking and not working like they are suppose to. That is exactly what i was doing in high school. Now i know that working hard will definately pay off in the future.

The best thing about my school is that they will go all out for something or someone that they belive in. Not saying that they they will believe in one person out of everyone in the whole school, but a person who takes the initiative to ask for help so they can get ahead. Once they know that a pson is serious about what they want, the school goes all out just to get scholarships, internships, and even job apportunities.

The worst thing about my school is that everything is not always organized with some of the staff. You can speak to a staf of a certain department and the will help ou with whatever is needed, but then ou migt spek to another staff of that same department, and they will tell you otherwise.

Tia

My classmates are serious when it comes to school work and fun after class.

My classmates are serious when it comes to school work and fun after class.

It is smaller, and the mall is smaller.

I would tell myself to be careful who you pick as your friends and never to go out at night alone. Stay focus in the books. Yes partying is fun, but getting good grades is more rewarding. You don't have to be popular because when you graduate, your job not going to look to see if you was popular they going to look at your grades. Also, never take the easy way out.Don't worry about being in a relationship, some guys in college just want to party right now. Keep a smile on your face, and stay active. Never change for anyone. Learn how to budget your money, don't shop a lot. When great opportunity's come don't be scared to take them. If the opportunity is going to better your life and career go head don't hold back. Stay away from the negative and stay with the postive. Also not let nobody take your smile away.

Robin

My classmates come in all different colors, shapes, size, and personalities; however, through their differences they all seem to mix perfectly.

If I had the opportunity to go back in to talk to myself, as a high school student, I would warn myself of the culture shock that I would experience. I would advise myself about work and school balance, procrastinating with work, and the many different influences’. When in high school it seem easy to balance work and school; however, in college it is not as simple to balance the two, because it takes more daily planning to allow everything to equal out. During high school, I did my share of procrastinating in getting my papers and projects done, but in college I have to get everything completed well before it is due, because waiting until the last minute will not result in the best grade. If I were able to step back into time, I would advise myself about the many different influences that lurk around the campus, both good and bad, and of how I could tell the difference. If I had more prior knowledge about college life my transition, from high school to college, could have been easier.

Any individual that makes the decision to attend Elizabeth City State University, should have set goals to succeed in broading their knowledge, and intend to obtain a degree that will prepare them for success in their future endevors.

Jynessa

What i find to be unique about Elizabeth City State University is that it's the center of a small town. This gives the feeling to the students that everyone knows everyone and you always have the support of the people around you.

The best quality that I enjoy about Elizabeth City State University would be the close-knit nature of the classes and the people. At other universities, it can be difficult to meet with your teacher or to find study groups. However, at Elizabeth City State Univerisity, e-mails are sent out for almost any type of social gathering that you could ever want or need to attend; your teachers are always more than happy to meet with you or answer an e-mail whenever you need.

Charleen

I would tell myself to stay focused and tyo contuinue on the track that I am on, to become successful one day.

A person that strives for success, and achieve their life goals.

Anyone that is not serious about their education.

LaShaundria

If I could go back in time to when I was in high school, I would have listened to my parents when they told me to take things seriously. I would have put forth a lot more effort when it came to my school work because after I graduated I could have been a whole lot further with my education. When i graduated from high school instead of taking the route of working, I would have went straight to college instead of waiting. My parents told me that it was going to be a lot harder trying to get back into the swing of things but i was very persistant about taking a break. I got a great job working for the state but I realized that I wanted so much more out of life and by working that job I wasnt reaching my highest potiental. So I knew that i wanted to work in the medical field but just wasnt sure exactly what I wanted to do. So I did a little research and decided on Radiology. I just wish I would have done a little more research as far as schools because the short mods arent enough.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.