Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Charleen

I would tell myself to stay focused and tyo contuinue on the track that I am on, to become successful one day.

A person that strives for success, and achieve their life goals.

Anyone that is not serious about their education.

LaShaundria

If I could go back in time to when I was in high school, I would have listened to my parents when they told me to take things seriously. I would have put forth a lot more effort when it came to my school work because after I graduated I could have been a whole lot further with my education. When i graduated from high school instead of taking the route of working, I would have went straight to college instead of waiting. My parents told me that it was going to be a lot harder trying to get back into the swing of things but i was very persistant about taking a break. I got a great job working for the state but I realized that I wanted so much more out of life and by working that job I wasnt reaching my highest potiental. So I knew that i wanted to work in the medical field but just wasnt sure exactly what I wanted to do. So I did a little research and decided on Radiology. I just wish I would have done a little more research as far as schools because the short mods arent enough.

amanda

Knowing what i know now about college I would have taken more effort and set aside more time for studying everyday. I would tell myself to take things slow and learn the material longterm as opposed to just learning material for a test. I would also tell myself to follow my own dreams instead of trying to please other people by being what everyone else wants me to be. I would tell my former self to work on saving money and getting scholarships so that being a full time worker, student , and mom wouldn't be so hard for me.

Laura

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to work harder in every aspect of my life. I wuold tell myself not to worry so much about guys because the right one will come along. I would tell myself to get good grades and do extra curricular activities because they are essential for me to get into a good college. I would tell myself to study for the SATS because if I dont I will have to retake them several times. I will tell myself to go straight to college and not take a semester off to "have fun" because it just ends up being a waste of time. I will tell myself to work hard when I am young because it will pay off when I am older.

Denise

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a student there would be a few things I would need to say. Knowing what I know now I would not have waited so long to attend a college. Starting this late adds to the struggles of being a single parent and trying to work a full time job while attending school full time as well. Now with that said, I love where I am at life. My son is my world. If I would have changed things he might not be here today. I am getting married in March and that might not of been in my furture depending on how things change. Even with the ups and downs of life I would not have it any other way. I know there are some things I could have changed to better myself sooner, but I wouldnt want to say anything to myself to change the path I am on now and how I got here.

Lateasha

If I had the opportunity to go back in time to talk to myself, this is what I would say: Hello, self. I'm you in the future. Don't be alarmed, but there is important information that I must share with you about your future. As you embark on your journey of adulthood, there are a couple things that you must know. Number One: make sure you stay focused while at college. Don't let the fact that you don't have many friends affect your ability to excel in school. Study hard, work hard and play later. There is plenty of time in the future for friends. Focusing on school is the most important thing. Number Two: make sure you don't pass up any opportunities that come along the way. Life is about taking risks. Learn this now to avoid missing out. Be a little more open minded and take chances...that is all. Remember, if you stay in school then everything else in your life will fall into place. Good Luck!

The worse thing that I consider about my school is the organization of the campus wide email notifications. There have been emails sent to students, and also the falucty members on the same day that activities are going on.

A person that should not attend this school is a person who is attending school for the wrong reasons. What I mean by the wrong reasons are as followed: getting away from home, attending parties all of the time, and never attending class. The main purpose to come to college is to get a higher education to promote your future, not to play around and waste time.

Chelsea

The most important advice that could possibly be given to myself as a high school senior would be to live in the moment. Too much of high school was spent planning everything out expecting it to be perfect, including college. When circumstances changed, all I was left with was a slew of plans that did not have heart in them. To live in the moment ensures that decisions are made with a bit more self interest at heart, not in a selfish manner, but in one that recognizes that only you have to live with your choices in the end. That single shard of advice would have meant that more choices be made with passion and genuine interest rather than trends or what colleges would receive the most applause from relatives. A college that is a right fit should reflect the student just as the student is a representative of the values of the institution.

Kia

Elizabeth City State University is a wonderfully diversed school, and the people here are very friendly and down to earth. Also, the teachers show extreme dedication to their students.

Dear Kia, I know that this is your senior year, but don't let your guard down so easily. I mean you've come so far for you to turn back now. Stay focused, stay motivated and realize that high school is not just something to do, but it's an open pathway to your future endevours. Yes, this might look like a trying year for you; however if you stay focused at the task at hand then you will be sure to succeed. In closing, remember in order to succeed in life, you have to do the things that you don't want to do, in order to get to do the things you want to do.

Javonte

Goal orientated, dedicated students, always striving to reach the top.

Goal orientated, dedicated students, always striving to reach the top.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student I would tell myself to remain focus at all times, attend all classes. Don't fall for peer pressure and attending every party is not madatory! Study more, party less! Get to know you professors personally and always turn in your work on time. In order to make friends you have to socialize with others, get out and make friends. Manage your money wisely and lastly, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.