Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Gregory

If I could go back in time and speak with my high school self, I would tell him that planning is the key to success. That every move you make should be well thought out and always have a backup plan. Finally, I would tell him to always maintain communication with your advisor because that is crucial to your success as a student. Then I would look myself in the eyes and say “Good luck I know you can do it."

The kind of person that shouldn’t attend this school is someone who doesn’t understand the value of hard work. This may not be the largest school ever, but it still very well structured and career orientated. These factors have help keep me rooted and focoused on my education.

The most frustrating thing about my school dealing with the cashiers office. Sometime the process can be a headache.

Josh

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholorships before I got into college rather than waiting until I was already in college. I would also tell myself to keep up with everything, stay on track with going to school and make sure everything is done earlier rather than later.

DaVonte'

My classmates have really diverse personalities.

My classmates have really diverse personalities.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely convince myself to apply for school much earlier than I did, and apply to ALL the schools I wanted to go. And also advise myself to apply for all the scholarships that I qualify for. Even though, I am currently not paying a lot out of pocket for school it still would be really nice if I could go to school and wouldn’t have to worry about paying for it. I would tell myself about dorm life and how you can make that experience really fun for yourself or really miserable for yourself. And finally I would advise myself to get really acquainted and comfortable with all my professors and if I ever need help or any questions about my work, visit them during their office hours, it makes you look really good as a student.

When I am around my friends, I brag about how much pride and school spirit the students have for Elizabeth City State University. I brag about how many activites students can get involved in at ECSU and how you have so many options when it comes to extra-curricular activities at my school.

Diamonique

The genuine love for teaching and people that the professors have.

The genuine love for teaching and people that the professors have.

I would tell my high school self to break the habit of procrstination and develop better study and critical reading skills. These have the main problems that I have struggled with so far in college. I would also tell my self to keep more money in my bank account than I did because the scholarships do not pay for everything.

The small size and the connections between the alumni and the students. This is great because if problems arise they are resolved quickly and easily and help is always available.

Chelsey

Even though we are a small school we still show the most school pride in any and everything we do from volleyball to modeling to pageants. We never let outsiders talk down on our school.

Work out hard in your athletics because college sports are no joke. Take time to study even harder because it is very time managing to keep grades up while tryin to practice. Always keep a open mind because you will run in to a lot of different people from a lot of different backgrounds that you may not be use to.

That it is a HBCU and I love how the class load fits me because I dont do well in big class sizes.

Kelsey

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself to study hard and to do my best. Once you are out of high school, making it on your own is near impossible if you have no interest of direction. The transition was hard enough as it is to leave your friends and family for school. If you have a positive attitude in life you can truly complete anything. Do your best and give it your all and you will be satisfied.

Justin

There are many unique characteristics that describe Elizabeth City State University that other schools do not possess. The class sizes were a big plus for me because with smaller classes you can get more individual instruction from your professors. Also i really enjoy the school spirit displayed on campus, you literally cant go into any building or office without seeing some kind of viking memorabilia.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior about the transition into college, the number one piece of advice i would give myself would be to stay organized. Without organization throughout college, you can quickly spiral into an abyss of falling behind in school and extra stress. Always plan out your days around class and homework that needs to be done, whether it is due tomorrow or in two weeks. This will help minimize procrastination that eventually leads to the infamous college "all-nighters". I would tell myself that there is no dumb question in the classroom, and to never be afraid to confront my professors with any issues i am having with their classwork. The last thing i would tell myself is that college is not all about going to class, writing papers and taking exams, and that it is okay to have a little fun. College will likely produce some of the moments you tell your grandchildren about. It will be up to you to blance how much fun you have, with the schoolwork you must complete in order to graduate and become a successful person in today's society.

The person that should attend this school should be extremely dedicated in whichever field they decide to go in. It is challenging in some fields, so you will have to really concentrate on how to balance school work with your social life on and off campus. Elizabeth City State University is a great school for all people and has just enough students that everyone can have a good time while studying for their future.

brittany

Knowing what i know now i woulkd tell my self many things.First i would tell my self to relax and focus.Secound to save money and learn how to get around the campus so i wont get lost.Finally, i would tell myself to use all my recorces avaliable to me.

The best thing i consider about my school is that their arent many distractions. You have many recources to have to help you along your four years attending the institution

To attend Elizabeth City State University a student must be strong minded and independent.ECSU is were you will meet new people and make great connections that could influence movibg forward.But you must understand that theyhold nyou up to the standard of an adult and you must conduct yourself like one.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.