Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

Danielle

The advice I would give myself would be to stay focus and think about the future. Some people get in college and get side tracked and lose focus like I did, but after having a reality check I got back focused. Every once in awhile you may mess up or fail a class but I will tell myself not to give up and to keep going.

The best thing about my school is the friendly people on campus and the help you receive.

Party people shouldn't attend because you have to do work to stay in this school.

Valerie

My classmates are eager to learn.

My classmates are eager to learn.

Upon entering college as a freshman, I did not know that there would be so many open opportunities for students. If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school; I would definitely warn myslef to not take on more than I can handle. As college students, people do not realize that they sometimes try to be "extreme over achievers." Don't get me wrong, it is always a great idea to be a part of different organizations, but when it becomes overwhelming students need to know how to manage their time wisely and to simply say "No" if they cannot complete a task. It may be easier said than done, but at the end of the day would you rather be a student who is completely stressed out most of the time, or a student who has learned that time management is the key to succeeding in college?

Individuals who love the Greek life and community service should attend this school. Also, individuals who are interested in Aviation Science should definitely consider this institution, because it is the only institution in North Carolina that offers a B.S in Aviation.

Yogi

I would prepare myself much better for college. When you leave high school you are just so excited to finally be a college student. I would definetly study much more than I did when I left high school. I would also learn to be more responsible, and more organized. Even if there is no homework to turn in, you should do some problems out of the book anyways just so that you learn the material well. The teachers in college are not like high school teachers, that help you understand the problem one on one. They just go over the material and you better take good notes. Then you also have to read the textbooks to get a full understanding of all the material.

Tiffany

A dedicated person who is hard-working and ready to learn. A person highly motivated who knows what they want to do with their life and who has a path they intend to follow.

How wonderful all the professors are. They are so helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure you understand their material on the subject.

Jeremy

Elizabeth City State University is known to be a Historically Black college founded by our famous african-americans back in the earlier days i.e.(Martin Luther King, Frederick Douglass) etc. It has one of the best ROTC programs in the state of North Carolina known to men and women.

Dont grow up in such a hurry. Slow down and enjoy your last years as a kid.

What is the most frustrating thing about Elizabeth City State is, the weather conditions but that is not a major issue. Its alright when your used to the climate changes.

Courtney

The advice I would give myself would be that there is nothing wrong with being yourself. People will talk about your regardless of what you do. Stay focus on the school work and not the fun you can have. Ve careful who you allow to get close to you and you open up too because, everybody is not your friend nor do they want to be nice to you. I would also say take your time and enjoy it but work first and play later.

The best thing about my school is that the pride we have for our school. We are a really small school but we stand up for our school no matter who comes against us.

The most frustrating thing about the university I attend is that when the students really need help they give us the run around, and they continue to not answer our question. So when our problem comes up again its too late to fix it because no one really helped us, and its too late.

Alan

My class mates are very diligent.

My class mates are very diligent.

If I was given the chance to give my high school self some advice, I would tell him to decide on what it is he really wants. I would stress the fact that, when entering college you need to carefully explore your options. The choices you make as a freshman can really affect the rest of your time at that institute. By researching what it is you want to become, as well as what you see your self doing will need to be analyized. After critical analysis then and only then will you be prepared to take on the world.

If you're a person who's looking for big lights and large places then this isn't the place for you.

James

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself to buckle down just a little bit more. I graduated with a 3.40 and was in many clubs and also sports, but I felt as if I spent more time in my studies and tried to get a 3.50 or higher I could've opened even more doors for myself. Don't get me wrong I don't have any regrets about how I did things but just having the insight that I have now back in my high school day's would've been great to have. I would told myself to study a little harder on the SAT and ACT and also continue to keep my head held high because anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Before coming to ECSU I didn't have anything I wish I had known. By doing research on the website, talking with administraton, and wanting to know more about ECSU I was able to answer and fulfill my needs before attending ECSU.

I believe that a person with drive to achieve more in life than just a job at Burger King. Here at ECSU we strive to build future Doctors, leaders, and champions in the work force. We whole heartedly believe in bettering ourselves as a whole no matter what our diffrences are whether its race, religion, or political views. As a junior here at ECSU I strive to better myself as an individual and continue to empower myself at this grand University.

Audy

They are smart students who are not afraid to express themselves.

They are smart students who are not afraid to express themselves.

The people, they are so friendly and are always welcoming.

Keep up he good work! You just need to stay focused on school and leave all the other things alone. All the drama associated with high school should not distract you from your schooling and most importantly from your goals. If you remain on your current track and remember to take chances you will end up exactly where you want to be.

Ellen

My school is a historically black institute. When it was founded, it was a normal school for people of color. That means that the main focus of the school was to teach people to become teachers. It is now a liberal arts school which means that there is a large variety of majors to choose from.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to my myself as a high school senior, I would probably tell myself not to rush life. I would tell myself that all things are lawful but not all things are profitable. I would tell myself that I was going to learn some things the hard way but that those difficult lessons were a neccessary means for my developement. I would tell myself to stay strong because eventually I would grow and become a better person and I would assure myself that regardless of what the people around me thought, I was indeed going to attend college and I was going to enjoy it and do well. I would tell myself that I am a beautiful person and I would tell myself not to listen to my boyfriend. I would tell myself to grow a spine and be myself regardless of ridicule and oposition from what seemed like every side. I would tell myself that there is a clearing on the other side of these dark woods.

One of the most difficult things to deal with at any new school is the disorganization of the first few weeks. Be prepared to find out a lot of important information on your own. When you are in college, you cannot always rely on mom or dad or your teachers to give you everything you need. Inform yourself about what books you need, when your classes are, where and how to take care of financial ade etc. The most important thing is to ask questions.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.