Elizabeth City, NC
Elizabeth City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabeth City State University

John

my current classmates are very quiet and do not care about participating in the classroom

my school is best knownfor being a HBCU that has won several championships in division 2 football

if i could go back and tell myself anything it would mainly be to not be nervous. college isnt a huge difference from high school just make sure to stay on top of your schoolwork and dont get behind. As long as you stay ahead of the game, you will be fine.

Shawn

If I could go back in time to give myself advice about college life, and making the transition, I would tell myself not to wait to attend college. I would explain how simple it is to apply for and receive student aid, and how valuable a college education is in todays world.

Aja

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to stay focused do not let anyone tell me that i can't do what i am passionate about. Have a better work ethic. Study all of the time because it will assist me with passing my test and the SAT with high scores. Sit in the front of every class if your teacher assigns seats request to sit in the front of the class. Be early to class not just on time. Do volunteer work when possible. Be the best you can be and succed at all that you strive for.

the most frustrating thing about my school is not being cleared when you have paid your tuition.

Jalynne

My school is a very well rounded place as a whole and has very good professors but like all other school around the world, there are problems and situations that should be fixed and handled better.

The first thing I wold tell myself is to make sure to study hard and not let others influence me not to. Just because everyone else feels that they don't need to study doesn't mean I don't. Another thing I would tell myself is to manage my money with care. My first week of college I spent almost $200 and I don't even remember what I bought. Being a college student comes with responsibilities that I didn't have in high school and if I would have known what to expect when I got to college,I think I would have had an easier transition from the high school life to the college life.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the way some students treat campus. They throw trash everywhere and don't clean up after themselves.

Jasmine

I would tell myself that I need to learn to manage my time better and get my ducks in a row. College is no joke and needs to be taken seriously otherwise you will fail. Not everyone is set out to be your friend. Some people see what you have and want what you have therefore do by any means to take it. Never let anyone steal your happiness. The transition from sitting in the same class for 90 minutes to 50 minutes every other day is very different. STUDY. Too much free time and that is what you need to be doing. Most of all do not be afraid to ask someone for help. If you knwo for a fact you do not understand something, dont be shy to use the resources the school offers for you. In the end you will be happy that you did and have good grades to show for it. This is your LIFE. Make something of it.

Umm. Well besides the constant rain I would say the cafeteria food. It has its days. when everything is really good, BUT It has more off days. Also I think the administrators could work harder with helping students with financial aid, admissions, etc. questions.

Someone who is ready and willing to learn. Someone who takes their education seriously and want to better themselves. Slackers will not make it here.

Simone

The school is best known for it's history in the field of education and it's GE courses. It also has a strong music department as well as science.

The first thing I'd tell myself is to not be so afraid. High school is nothing like a university. The people are more accepting, more open and free, and are probably just as nervous as everyone else when first starting out. The second thing I'd say to myself is to speak up. Your personality should be bold and unique when stepping onto a campus. This is the place where people are looking for future employees. Of course it's okay to be a bit shy and off-set when it's the first semester, but it's always best to come out of your shell little by little each passing day. If not, all the "once in a lifetime" opportunities could pass by. Things are so much freer in college and anything is possible. Lastly, I'd say to myself, " PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY"! I've had enough of living day by day, having to choose between gas or food. Search for a job, be confidant at the interview, KEEP THE JOB, and most importantly, save for a rainy day. They will always appear at the most inconvenient times. Life is life. Be prepared for anything.

The best thing about the school is it's quiet and relaxed settings. It's not crazy to the point where you can't get your work done, but the students here are creative in finding ways of enjoying life on campus and in the city.

I belive my school is best know for education.

I belive my school is best know for education.

If I was allowed the chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the point that the more you work in the beginning the easier it is for you. While in high school you should pick up good study habits and have good time management skills because those are two main areas that can make college less stressful. I would tell myself, in order to acquire these skills I must study hard in high school and strive to do the best. I would also add that good social skills may also make college that much easier. Learning to socialize with new people in high school, would pave the way for you to be comfortable when the time comes to meet new professors, as well as students. Good Social skills may also allow you to make new good connections throughout the university, and I would say again," The more you work in the beginning, the easier it will be in the end."

What I brag about most is size of the campus. Even though we dont have as many people here as most colleges, we have a better oppurtunity when it comes to learning. When you dont have as many students in your class it makes it eaiser to recieve help.

Eric

My school is joyous and full of prosperous students.

My school is joyous and full of prosperous students.

I would tell myself "Eric you need to do better than what you are doing, even though what you are doing is good" you have to be ready to work harder when you attend college because at college you have to be a good listener and writer, if you don't you will be lost in a future of trouble. I am here with you to teach you how to survive in a college environment before you live in it. It's going to take one to two hours of studying in your books and reading back over the notes that you written down in class and anything that the professor passes out. Continue to listen to your parents and older adults because they have been on the road you are driving on; the last thing I would tell myself is to continue to pray to God because without him there is no me.

I already knew what was going to be at the school before I attended.

Aquan

I don't know for sure, but I heard it was its music program. That's why I decided to enroll.

I would tell my past self to come into college with a level of self confidence that was great but not great enough to make me/him seem cocky or even overconfident. I would tell myself to sympathize with other people's feelings, even if I/he didn't understand why they felt the way that they did (in college, you meet many people from different places). I would tell myself to prepare for sleepless nights as well, because procrastination seems to be a disease that no one on campus is immune to. Finally, I would tell myself to keep focused because academics are the main reason that we are here.

I tell them that everyone in the music department is super cool and that they will meet many talented students here (including me).

Tiarra

Full of interesting people and oppurtunities.

Full of interesting people and oppurtunities.

The small size allows professors to give more individual attention to students.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships, stop being lazy, and save money.

Elizabeth City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.