Elizabeth City State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Elizabeth City State University

Shikyla

I love my school. I enjoy being in my room but I have met amazing people here. Fried Chicken Wednesday is one of my favorite days of week, of we’re being honest. Historically Black Colleges/ Universities are as important as Predominantly White Institutions. Give one a chance.

kevin

Elizabeth City State University is a very small campus and you know it immediately. It only takes about a good ten minute walk from one side to the other. The only thing that this has to offer is the professors. The professors here a very nice and always available. Beside that, the campus nor the town of Elizabeth City has nothing to really offer.

shaquil

My time here on Elizabeth City State University has been exceptionally remarkable. The general population on the grounds are agreeable a few companions was not an issues. The educators are truly pleasant and constantly prepared to offer assistance. The gatherings that the associations toss on grounds have really great results.

Myles

Overall the college is great, lots of friendly people, very easy to make friends. The campus is fairly small so its easy to navigate and to get to your classes on time, the classes are small and its easy to get some one on one time withe professor, all in all it's a real great college.

michael

Elizabeth City State University overall is a good just not including sports, when i visit it is diverse to be a HBCU and also a big HBCU.

Erica

ECSU is a every small school, full of caring professors and facilities. So far is the best university in NC.

Sabriah

Elizabeth City State University gave me room to grow and to become a better person. Elizabeth City State University has helped me in more ways than one. When I first began my journey at Elizabeth City State University, I was so consumed with work and homework that I forgot what it was like to socialize. I was able to become social through class discussion and by making some new friends through the work study program. I became open to meeting new people and being social, that I was able to realize that I could have some fun without the seriousness about work, school, and everyday stress clouding over me. It came a point in time where the finances of maintaining my off-campus apartment. I was working many hours, while living with the regret of taking an extra class. The coursework was swallowing me whole and I was extremely tired. My professors were easy to talk to. They were never easy on me, but the stuck through with me so that the struggle wouldn't be as hard to overcome. My supervisor/ counselor advised trying to get an on-campus apartment, she told me what to do and who to speak to. Elizabeth City State University has lots of room for improvement, but I enjoyed the experience that I had. Despite the bad, there was a lot of good. I was able to grow and see a better future for myself. I was able to reach the milestone of graduating college. I was able to give my family a reason to be proud. I was able to learn unique lessons that will guide me throughout life.

Imann

ECSU is a small affordable college. I had some of the best times of my life here. The class sizes were always great! The cafe food is similar to any other campus. Greek life is pretty big there but there's plenty of other clubs and organizations to join. The school is also close to the water which was a major bonus for me.

Breon

This is an HBCU school that prepares African-American students to be prepared to excel in the world. The classes are small, and you are able to ask questions and get answers. You get to know each other and help each other like a big family. I am in the Sound of Class, ECSU's marching band. It is a small band, but we are a mighty in talent and sound! The director is committed to making us the best, not only in sound but how we carry ourselves as we practice almost daily. She is an awesome person who cares about each of us.

Charity

What can I say about Elizabeth City State University? It’s located in a charming little city that has character and is only about an hour away from Virginia Beach. The layout of the campus is compact, which is ideal for students who don’t have a car. There are a ton of computer labs for studying and doing homework, lots of places to meet up and hang out, and the dorms are pretty cozy. The food in the cafeteria is ok, but you also receive Viking Bucks each semester to use at Viking Subs and Grill where you can get a sub sandwich or burger and fries. Once per semester, there’s Midnight Breakfast in the Cafe, which is a lot of fun. As far as clubs and organizations, there is undoubtedly something for everyone. Class sizes are small, which is great if you really want to get to know your classmates and professors. The current student to faculty ratio is 16:1. In my experience, the professors are dedicated to student success and are willing to go the extra mile to help you excel in your academic studies. My favorite place to go after class and on the weekends was Water Front Park, which is in walking distance from the campus. The park gives you an incredible view of the Pasquotank River. In the spring you can watch boats sail by on the river, and participate in free activities going on in the park. If you’re looking for a college/university with school spirit, a strong sense of community, and individualized interaction with professors, Elizabeth City State University may be the school for you. Did I mention tuition is really affordable compared to other state schools?!