Elizabethtown, PA
Elizabethtown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown College

Matthew

The best advice I could give parents and perspective students is that it should be the student making the decision. Parents may think that they know their child well, but they need to allow the student to decide what is best for them. For students, it is truly important to know yourself, by this I mean do you enjoy crowds? Do you like to know everyone? Do you like to talk with professors one on one? How important is nightlife to you? Most of my friends from high school who went to college and ended up coming home did not spend enough time visiting the school and picturing themselves there. Know yourself and make the best decision for you, not anyone else.

I do not think that anything about Elizabethtown is a surprise to me. I researched the school well before I made a final decision and so far I am pleased with my decision.

The person who would not enjoy Elizabethtown College is one who enjoys metropolitan areas as well as a large campus. Elizabethtown College community is small where everyone knows your name.

Elijah

Take the time and research the different schools that you are looking at. Go to the schools have a overnight or a weekend visit. when you do pick the school you want, your freshmen year, do not stay in your room. Become involved, join groups, clubs. Make new friends.

anyone that wants a good education

Martina

Elizabethtown College is just big enough that you can always meet someone new and small enough so that you can't get lost walking to class. We have small class sizes and quality professors that are always available when you need them. The campus is made up of great people who are hardworking but still know how to have a good time. There are tons of clubs, activities, sports, and events that students can take advantage of. One sentence: E-Town provides students with the knowledge they need to succeed not just in their profession but in life as well.

My advice to high school sudents is to "BE YOU"! You want a college to accept you. Yes. But more importantly you want to be accepted for who you are and all you've accomplished. When you're being interviewed don't play a role or put on a fake image of the person you think the college is looking for. Tell the truth. You won't have to prepare as much and it's easier to remember. When I was interviewed I said "I listen to country music and I enjoy reading a good book now and then." It turned out being myself paid off because the interviewer liked country music too. All parents should worry about their children getting into college. It's one of the biggest steps in their life that will take them into adulthood and shape their minds for the future. Parents are a driving force for high school students to even think about attending college. A child's goal in life is to make their parents proud and one way they can do that is to get into and graduate from a great college. My advice is to help your child make you proud.

A person who attends Elizabethtown College should be family oriented, moral, and have a desire to succeed.

Breann

My advise to prospective students and their families would be to look at numerous college a long time in advance before the student graduates high school. There are so many colleges out there for a young adult to choose to attend, and it is important for a student to look at many schools to see what he/she actually is looking for in a college. The positive side to looking around at school a long time before the student graduates is that he/she can find their favorite colleges and apply for early admission so that they are eligable for the greatest amount of grants the school has to offer.

I wish I would have known that my scholarship would never increase, and that there wasn't a lot of things to do when you are bored, which you are a lot unless you have a ton of homework.

The most frustrating thing about Etown college is the fact that unless a club put an activity together for the school, there is absolutely nothing to do on campus other than sit around with friends and watch TV. If you do not have a car, unless you have a friend with a car, you will not leave campus unless you walk around the boring town. The financial side of Etown college is frustrating too. Scholarships dont seem fair.

Josh

Elizabethtown college has been a fantastic experience for me. The professors truely care about each student. The students for the most part are very friendly and trustworthy. You can leave your wallet/purse/laptop on the table at lunch/dinner and go and get your meal without worrying that someone will take it. There is a real sense of community!

Be a part of the decision making process. Guide your son or daughter but do not make them go to the college of your choice. If at all possible stay for a weekend at that college.

Sometimes the Liberal attitudes get to me.

Melissa

My school is extremely small, only 1900 people, which less than half of the population of the other schools I considered.

For those looking at colleges now, I would definitely recommend visiting the colleges you are leaning toward the most. If an overnight stay is permissible then that is even better. After getting to college, join clubs because they help introduce you to your peers outside of class and it is easier to get to know them.

Most of my classmates are as interested in learning as I am which is a nice change from my high school where no one really cared about academics.

Brooke

I would advise students to search out colleges that provide majors of interest to you - even if not the "exact" major you are looking for. You're still very young and most likely not positive about "what you want to be when you grow up"! If you have been fortunate enough to grow up in an environment of happiness (home, family and activities ) then search for a college in an environment that closely resembles that. If the opposite is true with regard to your upbringing - then look for a school that offers what your home life did not. For parents - I would advise you to be involved in your son or daughters life long before this important decision making time. Then you will be able to act as not only an "advisor" but as a confidant as well. Encourage your child to a field and environment you feel they will prosper in (socially, academically and personally - not JUST financially), but in the end - AND IN GOOD FAITH - let them know it is their decision and you will be behind them 110% (even if you have to "hold your breath" and "cross your fingers" - without letting them know - at first).

My professors are extremely helpful and supportive.

A focused, down to earth person who is serious about there future and not about being a party animal.

Corey

First to have a good idea about what you would like to do or become. Know whether you want to be in a big school, small school, diverse school, or good school and do lots and lots of research. I would advise spending a weekend and a day when classes are taking place, so that you have a better idea of how the college or university is. I would advise finding all the information you can about financial aid, tuition, and so on. Find out about things that would interest you inside and outside the classroom, so you won't find yourself sitting in your dorm room all day. Basically, find out all of the necessary things that will assist in keeping you happy and what you will need to do to reach graduation and overall success at what school you'll attend.

The ability to still have fun and do well academically. For me most of the people I hang out with and seek fun with are generally doing well in the classrooms, which puts pressure on me to keep doing well; I also have the best advisor.

Just the fact that it wasn't as diverse as I thought it would be; I was born and raised in a setting that was very diverse. Another thing that was frustrating is the cost of tuition as it keeps inclining. The last thing would have to be the difficultlies of getting off-campus housing, some people just work better away from school.

Elizabethtown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.