Elizabethtown, PA
Elizabethtown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown College

Meghan

Christian like, small campus, small classes. Having a staff that always has time to talk to a student

Be open to new challenges don't be afraid of change. Get involved in anything that may interest you.

A person who thrives in larger settings>

Breanna

My classmates are more like a small family, as the classes are not overflowing, and they always make you feel comfortable and provide support to one another.

I didn't really consider any other schools. Elizabthtown is the only college I applied for because they had everything that I wanted in a school and I knew I would be accepted.

Giiven the option to back in time and forewarn the past me of the future, I simply would not. I feel as though every choice we make and every thing we have done in life are experiences to be learned from, and that without these experiences we do not come to the same conclusions. I am where I am today because of the things I have done to develope my train of thought and preparedness. Hard work and dilligence get you to a better place. We cannot always be aware of what is to come, but we can learn how to adapt when it arrives.

Alyssa

I would tell myself to pick the school where I instantly feel like I belong and a place where I feel like I would meet the friends I would have for life. It is important to not choose a school based on what your parents or other people want from you. You have to choose a college that you feel is best for you. Once you make that decision, it is important to put school work first but also make time for doing social events with friends and getting involved on campus. You only go to college once and it will most likely be one of the best times of your life so make sure to make the most of it, enjoy yourself, and try your hardest with your schoolwork so you can have a happy and successful future.

friends, beautiful campus, good track team, good food

hard classes, not much going on around the school, located in the middle of no where

College is way different then high school. It's not necessarily harder, just emphasizes on responsibility. If I was able to tell myself that as a senior, it would have done me a lot of good. I would push myself to actually apply and attempt to get scholarships (more than just 1). Going into college I took the attitude of a high school senior. Everybody was going to help me and it didn't matter because I was smart. Hah, little did I know it required studying and doing a lot of work most of which I wasn't accustomed to doing. You can be smart, but you still have to work your tail off. I would remind myself that going to college is something you pay for, and you can't assume the victim position like in high school when nothing was your fault and the teacher has to give you a second chance. Professors don't care and will give you a zero without a second thought. While I'm doing good in school now, my first semester would have been easier if I could have knocked some sense into myself.

Leigh

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would reassure myself that I made the right choice in picking Elizabethtown College for my education and becoming a member of its woman's lacrosse team. I would advise that I do a better job of saving money over the summer since it is nearly impossible to work while attending classes full time while playing a college sport. The spending money amount I needed was really underestimated and the tuition is very high. Also, I would tell myself that the time in school goes by quickly, to enjoy it but to focus hard and maximize the wonderful opportunity I have to attend such a great institution. Finally, I would recommend spending more time selecting my roommate. Living in such close quarters with someone that is hard to get along with, much less room with is a very daunting task and can be a diversion from what is really important, my education.

The campus is beautiful. I have made many great friends. The classes are small and the professors really get to know you.

Courtney

College is one of the gratest things to ever happen to you, friends come easily, work is actually fun, classes are not as bad as you think and when they are you can actually go talk to your professors and they will help you out. Don't stress yourself out, you will make the right choice and as awkward as those first few days are you will get through. To you right now, I know this is so cliche, and you don't believe a word of it but it is true, work hard and apply for every scholarship under the sun, it helps. And another very important decision, join the momentum program, it will provide you with the best part of the college orienation experience. You will also meet your best friend there. One last thing before I go back, your roommate. I know you are stressing about roommates but you really shouldn't. Be honest on the survey and put in for liberal arts residence, you and your roomate will be the best of friends. Smile, Breathe, and go with the flow because it will get you where you need to go.

I wish I had known more about what the classes were like. I was hesitant about my choice at first but after being here a few weeks I was able to see that the classes really are small and the professors are very involved and care about their students.

I love telling my friends about chocolate days (days when the campus smells like chocolate), how small my classes are, how well I know my professors, how easy the professors are to talk to, and all of the activities I am involved on in campus. There are som many more wonderful things I could say too! Another thing I absolutely adore is the friends I have made since I came to campus, these are the type of friends you make that will be with you forever.

I would say do not worry so much about college. Sure it is a different experience, but its well worth it. You will meet plenty of new friends and the professors are very helpful. And dont forget to have fun sometimes too.

Someone who wants a big school with lots of people.

Rachael

Elizabethtown College is small, academicailly centered school with great people to make the college experience a very rewarding one.

Going back to talk to myself as a high school senior about college is would be difficult. I had a slight idea what I was getting myself into when going to college, but overall I wasn't prepared for the course load and the social life I was getting myself into. I would better prepare myself academically and be able to learn and teach myself new things that you don't always cover in class. I would learn how to take better notes and become a more critical thinker. I would also prepare myself for the things that go happen on campus outside the academic buildings. I would make myself stick to my values that I have rather than giving in to peer pressure to fit in. Overall, there is only a few things that I would like to go back and tell myself about college and the transition to it.

The worst thing about the school is sometimes it is somestimes frustrating when trying to complete all your school work and get your social life satisfied. This is because there is usually a lot going on and you want to participate in it all, but you also have school work to consider.

Everyone here loves the days when it smells like chocolate when you take your first few steps outside of the dorm. We live close to Hershey and the chocolate factory and can smell the chocolate from here. We consider those days to be the best days.

Starting off, I came to college to get a good education and I can say that I am being well-educated. I have liked all of my professors and it is an enjoyable experience being able to have that one-on-one connection with them. The school is small and it allows me to get extra help when I do not understand, which is a plus for me. Family and friends are important to me and the fact that I am away from family was very difficult in the beginning, but I have met so many sweet people and have many amazing friends that I will have for a lifetime. I consider that to be the biggest blessing.

I would say that a person who loves being in the city should most definitely not attend Elizabethtown College. The amount of students that attend here is not many compared to a larger school such as the University of Pittsburgh. Everyone here either knows everyone else or at least has heard of them, so if you want to meet a more variety of people, I would recommend not attending as well.

Tiffany

Throughout my college experience I have found that I am more able to identify my own strengths and weaknesses. Attending college has also guided me towards thinking on a higher, more critical level. The value of my education is found in my dreams. I aspire to be a missionary, the best way to achieve this dream is through a college education.

Elizabethtown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.