Elizabethtown, PA
Elizabethtown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown College

Luke

My school provides a comfortable "small town" feeling and still provides an academic, and athletic, challenge for me and my peers.

My classmates are engaging and interested in the topic at hand, and they also know how to be supportive and active socially.

I have gained three main things throughout my previous and current time spent at Elizabethtown College. I feel that I am a more confident person socially and that I am able to approach people and hold a more comfortable conversation with them. Also, I feel that I have gained a great amount of athletic ability through the track and field program. I have become a more competitive athlete. Finally, I feel that I have accelerated my study and learning habits throughout my time here at Elizabethtown College. I am more comfortable with expressing my personal ideas as well as listening and discussing those of others. I have learned how to challenge myself both inside and outside of the classroom.

Nicholas

The most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is the ability to read and understand information that is presented to me. My Associates degree is in History and as the saying goes the winners write history. Well, I have learned to read information or an argument and learn to not only understand it, but to look for the context of what is being presented. I learned to understand both sides of an argument or a conflict, which is beneficial in a business world, when it comes to diplomacy on a global, national, state, till a personal level. It has truly been valuable to attend not only for the reason stated above, but also because I have learned good study habits and self discipline. Where else can I learn to give up what I want at a moment for what I want the most. To give up going out on a Friday night, or to stay home and study for an exam on Monday morning. These skills are easily translated to the real world environment.

Erik

My classmates seem to be all normal kids just living the college dream and trying to get through college and for the most part everyone is very helpful.

So far my college experience has been amazing. I have obtained a group of friends that I now consider family and I know I will keep them for life. I play on a soccer team in which I also consider family and we call ourselves "the brotherhood". I have also learned a lot about the career im interested in and about life in general. College is valuable to attend because it is a once in a lifetime experience and never in life will you be able to experience anything like it again. Never again will I feel so indepenent and free. Everything that I need is provided for me and the oppurtunities are endless. Everyone who is in college should live it up and not take a second for granted because after college your most likely just going to be an adult, working for the rest of your lifetime. It is valuable to me because it has been the best time of my life and I will never forget these years.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how strict campus security and some of the RA's are. This school has a lot of potential but sometimes the rules and the people enforcing them hold it back a lot. The school needs to be a little more party friendly in my opinion.

Jillian

(Elizabethtown) College provided me with many opportunities to discern who I am and who I want to become. Specifically, Elizabethtown's motto, "Educate for Service," aided in my continued love for service. It has also played a huge role in my personal life and in discerning my career goals. Currently, I am in my second year as member of Brethren Volunteer Services, serving with a nonprofit in Wichita, Kansas called Trees for Life. During my graduate work, I aim to continue this spirit of community service by volunteering in and around my campus and community. Once my graduate work is complete, I hope to incorporate my love of service through work with non-profit organizations in my community. My college experience also opened my eyes to the world around me and the injustices within. My study abroad experience in Northern Ireland not only opened my mind but my heart as well. While abroad, I gained many new skills and became independent, not only academically, but in my daily life as well. Ultimately, my college experience was one which is priceless, concerning the amount of things I learned about myself and for the growth I have done.

The ratio of women to men is 60 women to 40 men...and can result in a bit of girl drama from time to time.

Someone who wants a big public university, fraternities and sororities and a football team shouldnt attend Etown

Michelle

My college experience has given me courage and confidence in myself. My education has taught me to think for myself, to believe in myself and to perservere. I have also learned to be more tolerant of others and to respect thier opinions. Many teachers have inspired me along the way with thier encouragement, knowledge and sometimes humour. There have been a couple teachers who believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself, and I will be forever indebted to them for that. Through my college experience, I have learned more about myself. I have learned to accept my weaknesses, and nurture my strengths. Above all else, I have learned to never give up.

robert

College for me is an escape from everyday life. It is a place I can turn to when I have nothing else steady or sure in my life. It has given me the freedom of being able to live by my schedual and dosn't demand of me more than I can handle. College is not only a great place for me to further education, but it makes me feel good about myself and the path I am taking in my life. It makes me want to be the better person I know I can be, both in my career and my personal life. Its a good place for me to be by myself when I need it, and still offers people I can talk to when I need to be sociable. I have had my ups and downs while attending Grossmont College, but I have to say that it is my shelter in what seems like an unsure and unsteady life. It offers education, nutrition, career oportunities, frendship, and so much more. My college is my second home.

Kelsie

Elizabethtown is unique because it is a small school in a small town and yet has a huge impact on your life. The second you step on campus, you feel like it's your home and it takes every step possible to fullly accomodate its students. It has a great educational system, but it also provides numerous outlets to become very socially involved to help balance out the workload. While it is expensive, in my perspective, the four years of memories it will provide are well worth it.

I grew up in a very structured and non-diverse environment in which everyone thought the same and different views and opinions on important matters were never made aware to me. After not ever a month at Etown, I learned that there is a huge world outside of my town, full of beliefs and views different from my own. In order to make my mark on this world and somehow impact it for the better, I need to be more open to these different views and use them to challenge what I learned growing up. Etown has taught me so much about life and has improved may way of thinking on a great deal of international issues while also strengthening my views on other things. While I still stay true to my morals and beliefs, I have now expanded my horizon and adopted new beliefs along the way. Etown has also made me become a more friendly, accepting, and optimistic person. I now cherish every day that I get to spend alive and try to do everything I can to impact other people's lives the way they have impacted mine.

You should not attend Etown if you don't really have a lot of ambition to do great things in life and are not excited and optimistic about learning new things and engaging in new experiences. You have to have an oped mind and be prepared to have your beliefs tested.

Katlin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to push the boundaries. For nothing comes from staying in your comfort zone, and nothing certainly comes to someone who let's life finds them. I have decided to transfer this next semester to a school that will push my boundaries and I really could use this money. Yet, I hope you get the appropriate interpretation of my time at Elizabethtown College.

The best thing is the small classes at the College. These allow you to engage in the curriculm to the fullest, and truely be able to understand the classes.

I wish I would have known more about my self before attending the college. I became to stuck on the fact that Elizabethtown College made me feel comfortable. Yet, College should be a way for young adults to push their boundaries, and well Elizabethtown College doesn't allow many of it's students to get out of their comfort zone.

Kyle

As a high school senior i would have told myself that you need to be able to manage my time better. You are going to have a lot freedom and need to responsible for yourself. I would also tell myself that college is going to be one of the best times of you life and you need to enjoy it and make friends. If you keep to yourself you are not getting the full experience and also not building good skills that will help you in life. I know people that did not go out and meet people that regret it and you need to start as soon as you get there. In the first few days introduce yourself to as many people as possible.

Sometimes it will get boring if you do not get involved with clubs and other groups, so you definitely need to join things to stay active.

Pamela

Small school where your professor always knows your name and there is always something (FREE) to do outside of academics.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would continually tell myself not to worry about how tragic my roommate situation might be and consider how much of a best friend I can be to my future "roomie." I will reassure myself by saying that I am not leaving home forever and by departing for so long, I may actually realize things about my home life that I never did before, like how much I need to get out of such a strict routine, because flexibility will become useful in many ways. Another piece of advice would be to take advantage of gaining freedom. Moreover, I would tell my senior-self to stay true to my morals, beliefs, and unique personality in order to make great friends. Finally, if I could, I would go back to tell myself to take every chance I can to get to know the people I will be living with/around for the next few months so I can more quickly discover how awesome they really are. Overall, I would tell myself to just relax and enjoy every second, because this experience will be greater than I ever imagined.

An outgoing student who is looking for personal attention from professors would thrive at this school. Furthermore, a good candidate would be someone who is looking for a place where they will maintain their academics and a stable social life through strong athletics and a variety of clubs, intramurals, and other activities. Because of this, the type of person with multiple interests in mind would love this school. Overall, the type of person that should attend this school should be willing to stand out when necessary and be focused to maintain the reputation of the school.

Elizabethtown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.