Elizabethtown College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Elizabethtown College

I have absolutely loved my time at Etown. The professor are amazing and genuinely know and care about students in and outside of the classroom, People here are so nice and always willing to help out when you need something. Campus is extremely safe and being here feels like being part of a big family. I couldn't imagine spending my four years of undergrad anywhere else.

I think that Elizabethtown College has a lot to offer. Academically, Elizabethtown is an extremely strong school. I graduated from their social work department where I was able to acquire a variety of relevant work and volunteer experience. Professors were readily available, class sizes were small, and the classes were all fascinating. E-town also has a variety of campus social events which are fun to attend. There are also a lot of campus traditions which are very enjoyable. I highly recommend Elizabethtown to academically serious students who prefer to stay on campus and be in a small town environment.

Sierra

I think it is the perfect school or students that want a close relationship with the professors and want a close knitted friend group, because the college is so small, its perfect for that atmosphere. It also has a plethora of majors and minors so its really easy to major and minor for students that want to do more than just a major but not as much work as a double majoring. It is also in a cute little rural area.

Helen

Nice campus. Most classes are capped at 35 students. Friendly and approachable professors.

Caitlyn

Elizabethtown College is a wonderful institution. The professors are always there and willing to help the students with any problem they may have. The students are friendly and welcoming. There are a variety of clubs to join, something for every interest. They have great transitioning programs, like the momentum program and the peer mentors and peer groups for incoming freshman.

Damon

I love the school and feel like I belong here. I am active in my major and because our department is so small, I'm able to try out different ideas instead of just read and write about them. I'm also on the baseball team and my professors are understanding and try to accommodate my schedule.

Darby

E-Town is an amazing school to attend if you are looking for a family and an education at the same time. There will always be activities to participate in, events to attend, and clubs to join based on your interests. One good thing about Elizabethtown is that our faculty is willing to help everyone, no matter the major, achieve their goals. As students, we all tend to work together and make sure that our voices are heard no matter how small the issue might be. If you're looking for a party school, this probably isn't the school for you. While we do have parties, you often have to have connections or actually look for them. If you aren't actively looking, you won't really find any! Overall, E-Town has an amazing campus with amazing people.

Erin-Leigh

I love Elizabethtown College. The people are amazing, the alumni is always there to help. Professors and staff are easily accessible and usually respond to emails within an hour or so. The campus is super safe (you can leave your stuff anywhere and it'll stay safe. No one will touch it). The atmosphere is really good too. You definitely feel wanted and safe.

Ty

Etown college is a great academic school with a friendly community and plenty of dogs too. The areas around Etown provide students enough activities to do both indoors and outdoors. The students learn hands on experience freshman year to prepare them for the outside world.

Steven

The academics at E-town in the business is well put together. Will you find a high paying job at the end of these 4 years, of course. Will you not understand some classes and still completely pass? Perhaps. Elizabethtown is the school where you'll find some of your classes to be extremely difficult, and then others to be simple as hell.

Shannon

I love it at Etown! The campus is cozy without feeling too large or too small. The class sizes are small, you aren't just a number here. The food is actually really good, and there are always events and activities. I've never felt unsafe here. Go Blue Jays!

Ava

Elizabethtown is a great college. It is inclusive and there is something there for everyone. Everyone takes their academics seriously and there is a definite separation between academics and partying. It has quickly become my second home. The professors are capable and qualified to teach and are always available for one on one conversations.

Alexandria

I love Elizabethtown College because just walking throughout campus you will always encounter a smiling face. Even when you might be stressed to the max, which at times is the reality at college, there is someone you can talk to who will encourage you and give you that boost of confidence that will help you persevere. There are also lots of great dogs to be seen on campus, I'm not sure how much more you could ask for.

i really enjoy it here! It's a small campus, so you really get to know each other and everyone is nice and friendly. The food is good and there are always options. The professors I have encountered are friendly and willing to help, even for out of class issues.

I loved my time at Elizabethtown College. My professors were great and I enjoyed my studies. I was also involved in a lot of extracurricular activities on campus and founded their annual anime convention. My main complaint about the school would be that it was pretty expensive. The movie theater and grocery store were a bit away so it was a little difficult if you didn't have a car on campus. Otherwise, I enjoyed my experience quite a bit.

Brooke

Elizabethtown College has an investment in its students, and I never feel as though I could be getting a better education. Although nearby amenities and shops are not too abundant, and you must drive about 20 minutes, I have very little bad to say about this college. It is an unbeatable education rooted in educating to serve others in the future, noted by our motto "Educate for Service".

Brianna

I love my school. I am treated with love and care every day I am there. I met new friends that I know will last forever. People, who I do not even know, will say "Hi" to me and ask "How are you?" when I walk past them on or off campus. The school is geared toward helping its students have a successful future. Also, students are given many opportunities to express their other talents or interests through clubs and extra-curricular activities. As a first year, I am glad to choose Elizabethtown College.

Madison

Etown is a great college with a lot of educational opportunities and a very diverse atmosphere. At Elizabethtown college you will find many different people all with different cultural backgrounds. There are always events happening and people to meet. Not only that but there are so many programs in which students can study abroad.

Mackenzie

Elizabethtown College is an amazing school and I am so happy with my choice to attend. They are well known for my major, Music Therapy, and I am blessed to be able to attend. The faculty is very easy to approach and they are always there to help when needed.

Lila

I love the atmosphere of this small community! No matter where I go, I can always be sure to see someone I know. Integrity is a huge value on our campus. Students can leave their belongings on lunch tables or in the library, and they know that no one will touch their personal property.

j

I graduated in 1972. Had no problem finding jobs and I am grateful for the education I received at E-Town. Having said that; I see where the Board of Trustees have made some bad decisions as of late. They should have never decided to cut tuition. This sends a negative signal to prospective students and their parents/supporters. It smacks of desperation and denotes a lack of faith in the future of the college. The other decision was to hire an individual to run the college as President who lacks the experience and know-how necessary to attract prospective students to enroll and stay enrolled. She is basically an administrator with little or no academic background. So what can the college do going forward? First and foremost they need to institute an aggressive recruiting program. They must send out ambassadors to the surrounding cities and states to attract as many secondary school students as possible. The college should compensate these recruiters if necessary. Second, they should not reduce tuition ever again! They should remain in the competitive range with other colleges in the tri-state area: (PA/MD/NJ). Third, they need to attract more foreign students. E-town has to change they way it does business to survive.

Mackenzie

I loved visiting the campus last spring! The grounds were beautiful and the buildings seemed to be well kept. I am excited to see the new dorms that are under wraps. I was able to sit down with a chemistry professor for a solid half hour, where we talked, and he gave me a sense that he was passionate about his job and enjoyed teaching his students. Elizabethtown is currently number one on my college applications list.

Madeline

n/a

I came to Etown because I loved the intimacy of the small class sizes. When I visited, the professors made a huge effort to get to know me as a student and acknowledge my concerns and needs. I found the same to be true during my freshman year at college. My classes were, for the most part, incredible. My professors were so dedicated to my education and I felt like a succeeded greatly. However, over the summer the college has announced some changes academically that worry me. They will be cutting the theater program after 2020 which seems to defeat the purpose of going to a liberal arts school. I am worried for the future of Etown as it struggles with funding and enrollment. I hope they pull it together because right now, Etown is on a downward spiral.

Kaleigh

I'm a Sophomore and Elizabethtown College is really the only college experience I have, but I love it. The teachers are wonderful and most often the class sizes are small. The largest class I've ever had was 36, but only because it was a core course which is required. I absolutely love Elizabethtown. Everyone who goes here is nice and it's small enough that you'll almost always see someone you've seen before. Professors are easily accessible and absolutely wonderful and if I had to choose again, I'd still choose Elizabethtown.

Cozette

Elizabethtown College is a great school for people who don't want to feel overwhelmed by the vastness of a state school. E-town is small and you know everyone. It is important to make solid friendships because you will know everyone and if you go through a breakup or friend change (like people do), it is hard to bounce back and find someone new.